There are 160 users in the forums

Another off season of what ifs

Shop Find 49ers gear online
So disappointed right now. It feels good to be alive this far in the playoffs the last three years but after the glory days and winning these heartbreakers are giving me gray hairs. I want gore cowboy to get a ring before it's all over but my doubts are at an all time high to get back here again next year. Feel bad for bowman to he became one of my favs this year
In terms of soul crushing losses, this is the worst stretch since 90-93 losing to the Giants and to Dallas twice in the NFC Championship over four years. Maybe they'll break through and win it all next year just like they did in 94
Its not just the losses, its the fact that they are wasting so much talent, good teams don't stay together that long.....
Youd think that after the SB last year Roman would call something different with the game on the line. Not another low % pass to Crabtree.

That was a fireable offense. He has to know you cant ask Kap to throw that ball into SEA coverage with everything on the line. We were moving the ball well. No need for a 4th down type, desperation pass.

Its a nightmare that Roman would make that same retarded type of call in that big of a moment AGAIN.
It's a crazy thing, but now that we are an elite team, the standards get higher and higher each year and it's harder to enjoy most of these wins (sorta like the early to mid '90s).

That Saints playoff game to me.....winning that was a feeling that has yet to be equaled since. To say I was elated was an understatement.....and it was only a divisional playoff game. Looking back 1981 season must have been the best for a 49er fan by far with nothing close in sight. 2011 team look spoiled by comparison, but that would have been the best ever for me as a niner fan had we pulled it off as I didn't start watching 49er ball till mid '80s.

It seems like winning the super bowl would be the only equitable justice. We will eventually get there as we have tons of talent, and Kaepernick and offense will be better for sure.

I will say that WHEN we do win a super bowl again, it will probably surpass all but 1981 seasons. Because even though we are a top team, it feels like at a certain level it's not a given even if we all believe in our team deeply.

Another difference from back then, was that the super bowl was played in January against an NFC team. Now we have to play the actual super bowl and unfortunately that's not a given W anymore like it used to be. You only need to look at the Brady era from 2001-2004 vs. 2005 - present.

I'd like to believe we started out on the losing end and will progress to the winning end.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Youd think that after the SB last year Roman would call something different with the game on the line. Not another low % pass to Crabtree.

That was a fireable offense. He has to know you cant ask Kap to throw that ball into SEA coverage with everything on the line. We were moving the ball well. No need for a 4th down type, desperation pass.

Its a nightmare that Roman would make that same retarded type of call in that big of a moment AGAIN.

Can't blame roman on this one. He's not the qb and Kaep had 3 other options 2 that were open and 1 of them wide open who could've picked up a few yds and get out of bounds. Kaep like an idiot locked on his boy Crabtree and threw against their best defensive player on top of that put too much touch on his pass. Every damn time in Seattle Kaep throws stupid passes

We don't know exactly what happened.

Could be Crabtree said: "give me the ball. I got sherman one and one"
Kaep: "ok, i got you"

We don't really know if that was Roman's call, or if Kap checked to it at the line, but it was a s**tty decision. No doubt about it. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

I'm willing to bet this is what happened.
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:
Its not just the losses, its the fact that they are wasting so much talent, good teams don't stay together that long.....

This is the fact that many do not understand.

Originally posted by SofaKing:

Yup, this followed by "we will do dis bro, we can wear our lidz sidewayz together on the podium with our beats by dre around our neckzzzz, play on playa lets do dis.
[ Edited by HONEYBADGER on Jan 19, 2014 at 11:54 PM ]
Originally posted by HONEYBADGER:

Yup, this followed by "we will do dis bro, we can wear our lidz sidewayz together on the podium with our beats by dre around our neckzzzz, play on playa lets do dis.

LMAO

still guys, i'm weeping. its gonna hurt this week.

Dude just stop. Your Kaep-homerism is just disgusting dude, every single post. Every sign points to Kaepernick having issues going through progressions, yet you honestly believe plays are designed for Kaep to laser lock on his favorite receiver and ignore everyone else? The fact that you think Roman specifically asks Kaep to force the ball to Crabtree on that play shows you have on rose-colored glasses thicker than Kim Kardashian's ass. You had your fun complaining about Crabtree's absence hurting Kaep's performance, yet after he returns Kaep still struggles to spread the ball around. You complain that the playcalling doesn't feature multiple targets yet time and time again guys not named Boldin get open and Kaep overlooks them. You attack Trent Dilfer's playing history in an effort to question his credibility, yet JOE MONTANA says the same exact stuff about Kaepernick a couple days ago. It's LONG past time time to get off Kaerpnick's jock and face the music already.
We don't really know if that was Roman's call, or if Kap checked to it at the line, but it was a s**tty decision. No doubt about it. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it.

Dude, he doesn't care if it's Roman's call or not. He will always default to blaming Roman because that is simply what he does, nevermind the fact that Roman has been a part of plenty of offenses (Alex Smith-era, Stanford) that do not have problems spreading the ball around like what we have witnessed this season. The point at which you see Kaepernick ignore open targets and confidently assign blame to play-design is the point where you can no longer understand reason.
[ Edited by biggiep on Jan 19, 2014 at 11:58 PM ]
Originally posted by biggiep:

Dude just stop. Your Kaep-homerism is just disgusting dude, every single post. Every sign points to Kaepernick having issues going through progressions, yet you honestly believe plays are designed for Kaep to laser lock on his favorite receiver and ignore everyone else? The fact that you think Roman specifically asks Kaep to force the ball to Crabtree on that play shows you have on rose-colored glasses thicker than Kim Kardashian's ass. You had your fun complaining about Crabtree's absence hurting Kaep's performance, yet after he returns Kaep still struggles to spread the ball around. You complain that the playcalling doesn't feature multiple targets yet time and time again guys not named Boldin get open and Kaep overlooks them. You attack Trent Dilfer's playing history in an effort to question his credibility, yet JOE MONTANA says the same exact stuff about Kaepernick a couple days ago. It's LONG past time time to get off Kaerpnick's jock and face the music already.

you guys all need to chill. The blame goes around to EVERYBODY. Coaching, players, offensive, defensive, special teams.
Hell, drew bees the hall of fame pocket QB can't win a game in seattle all by himself either
Share 49ersWebzone