LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

Off Season Thoughts

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Off Season Thoughts

If I was anointed God of 49ers Football and I could make a few changes next year they would be as follows:

1. Completely overhaul the offensive scheme. Sorry I don't like the current one regardless of how much success we've had so far. If this means sending Roman down the river so be it.

2. By now Kap knows his weaknesses. Instead of spending so much time in the gym, it's time to work on this in the offseason. It's simple. Work on your footwork, pocket presence, progressions, reads and short/intermediate passing.

3. Resign Boldin

4. Draft a speed receiver and CB early.

5. Let Iupati walk and replace him with a vet free agent. Sorry Mike, love you but we need the money elsewhere.

6. Goodbye Goodwin! Draft a center rounds 3-4.

7. Extend Crabtree. It's obvious we need this kid on our team.

8. Agree with the above. Draft a QB mid round.
Good post, but is Lattimore the answer?
I'd say the running game.. Frank the Tank looks to be a shell of himself come playoff time.. Yeah he had a nice run against Carolina but he seems slow and always seems to get up limping.... Only concern is the other RB's picking up the blitz as good as Gore
We di not need to waste a pick on a QB - We have Kaep
Couple of thoughts. First, I agree getting a big WR. But get one with enough speed to take the top off a defense. Even an old Randy Moss was able to do that which gave Crabtree a lot of space 2 seasons ago.

Also, get a big physical corner and a SS who covers well.
hopefully roman takes the browns job and takes Chryst and Morton with him
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
The poor angle Reid took on Marshawn Lynch's TD was nearly identical to the poor angle (an All pro safety) Earl Thomas took on Gore 50 yard run when we beat them at the stick. So even a good vet can miss that play.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
you forgot the true only option.

FIRE EVERYBODY!!!
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Bring back JTO.

Bring back Chris Weinke.

Bring back Nate Davis.

...ok, now I'll stop.
Originally posted by DonJulio:
Kaepernick can run, juke, fake, and out-race you. We know this.

So, in training camp...

Build a wall along the line of scrimmage. I'm talking about a real, brick and mortar, Berlin Wall/Stonehenge/Great Wall of china/Tijuana border type of wall.

Then, enclose him at each side, with a moat to his left and a moat to his right, one with sharks/lasers, the other with piranhas.

This way, it'll force him to work within this newly formed pocket.
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
If Carlos rogers is on the roster next season, I will drive to Baalkes office and punch him in the face.

All of this, especially the last one!!!!!!!!!!!
1. extend crabtree for 10 more years.
2. get rid of gore, he is not the playmaker he once was, that or restructure his deal
3. get a backup mlb in case bow not back
4. big play wr to accompany crabtree if we don't resign boldin, even then i think we need one more.
5. get some better DBs, if there is a weakness on our defense its the friggin secondary, i think Reid really sucked against seattle and whitner is good but i rather get a big physical presence back there. let brown go if he dont wanna resign for a reasonable price. we got culliver and brock going into next season, but need to cut rogers and get a better CB for the nickle. id try to take Maxwell away from the seahawks.
Originally posted by goldlame2013:

i have my doubts, i rather get a eddie lacy type bruiser back.

the only thing i like to add is to use our players more on offense. I wanted to see more Hunter and LMJ out of the backfield.

Also, try to get an explosive PR or KR. We don't have one on our roster.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
WR a BIG 6'3"+ 200lbs+ tough over the middle. Physical, Blocks well, strong. In the mold of Vincent Jackson.

OC that is Smart and excels at both Pass and Run Blocking. 6'3"+ 300lbs+. Smart, Physical, Strong. Alex Mack anyone?

RB Lattimore replaces Gore as the bell cow. Gore takes paycut and is a backup.

ILB Bow will play next season. In house replacement of either Wilhoite, Moody or Skuta.

CB that is physical. 6'1"+ big, physical, strong, disrupts routes, tackles well. Similar to Gilbert in the draft.

SS that excels at both the Run & Pass. Good coverage skills, tackles well, smart. Almost like having 2 FS's playing at the same time.

So I'd like a new starter at WR/OC/CB/SS

With Colin, Crabs and Aldon I would extend Aldon. Give him an incentive contract that also protects the team.

In Free Agency I would target OC Alex Mack

In the draft I'd target WR Mike Evans & CB Justin Gilbert

We don't need another slow Wr.
Figure out how to run the ball against Seattle. Get a little faster, get a shutdown corner, and deep threat. Like to see someone with big play ability at wide out or the slot. I think we got to open it up more for Kaepernick. If were going to go forward with him, he needs to be able to sling it for 30+ attempts if that's what the game calls for. Coaching staff has to be more flexible. I know were a run first team, but the game has changed and we have to adapt with it sometimes. We need to pass out of first down, get into 2nd and 5 situations where we then run or go I to play action. The play calling is conservative, it has the look of a 2nd place team at times.
Roman need to go... I know that's Harbaugh homie: but 3 heartbreaking season in a row now: this is becoming like a broken record. New OC in a brand new stadium... give CK7 & Co. a better offense scheme!
[ Edited by cris_sonic on Jan 20, 2014 at 11:24 AM ]
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by goldlame2013:

i have my doubts, i rather get a eddie lacy type bruiser back.

Maybe Carlos Hyde from OSU.
Share 49ersWebzone