There are 59 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Off Season Thoughts

Off Season Thoughts

WR a BIG 6'3"+ 200lbs+ tough over the middle. Physical, Blocks well, strong. In the mold of Vincent Jackson.

OC that is Smart and excels at both Pass and Run Blocking. 6'3"+ 300lbs+. Smart, Physical, Strong. Alex Mack anyone?

RB Lattimore replaces Gore as the bell cow. Gore takes paycut and is a backup.

ILB Bow will play next season. In house replacement of either Wilhoite, Moody or Skuta.

CB that is physical. 6'1"+ big, physical, strong, disrupts routes, tackles well. Similar to Gilbert in the draft.

SS that excels at both the Run & Pass. Good coverage skills, tackles well, smart. Almost like having 2 FS's playing at the same time.

So I'd like a new starter at WR/OC/CB/SS

With Colin, Crabs and Aldon I would extend Aldon. Give him an incentive contract that also protects the team.

In Free Agency I would target OC Alex Mack

In the draft I'd target WR Mike Evans & CB Justin Gilbert
get rid of sorry ass Carlos Rogers
Originally posted by Jcool:
You do know we have 12 picks right??? With 5 in the first 3 rounds.

Who cares..It doesn't matter how many picks we have...Balke sucks. Bad drafting, especially with offensive play makers.
It would be great if we don't lose any players in the offseason, but too much to expect maybe.

If Boldin goes (hope not), we will need a good enough replacement. About Gore, we'll see how the RB position plays out.

Whatever at this point, I would rather have the Broncos win the SB this year.
Originally posted by JR80Forever:
WR a BIG 6'3" 200lbs tough over the middle. Physical, Blocks well, strong. In the mold of Vincent Jackson.

OC that is Smart and excels at both Pass and Run Blocking. 6'3" 300lbs . Smart, Physical, Strong. Alex Mack anyone?

RB Lattimore replaces Gore as the bell cow. Gore takes paycut and is a backup.

ILB Bow will play next season. In house replacement of either Wilhoite, Moody or Skuta.

CB that is physical. 6'1" big, physical, strong, disrupts routes, tackles well. Similar to Gilbert in the draft.

SS that excels at both the Run & Pass. Good coverage skills, tackles well, smart. Almost like having 2 FS's playing at the same time.

So I'd like a new starter at WR/OC/CB/SS

With Colin, Crabs and Aldon I would extend Aldon. Give him an incentive contract that also protects the team.

In Free Agency I would target OC Alex Mack

In the draft I'd target WR Mike Evans & CB Justin Gilbert

Davante Adams??? He is 6'2 216
Lets get in the blimp for a second. Gore had a great year. He is our 20 carry RB in week 1 2014. Lattimore's upside needs to be evaluated with Gore still being our primary RB. We know what we have in Hunter, Lattimore...a relative unknown at this level. Plus, Frank being the man he is will be the veteran who gets involved with 38's development. As the season matures, the carry discrepancy can even out.

In my mind, Frank turns a 1 yard run into 3 better than anyone in the business. And for my $, he gets the job done in protection and blitz pickup. Invaluable...38 needs coaching. Between 21 and Rathman, I think we find out sooner than later what we have in 38.
We need to improve in ALL areas, even if we won. We have boatload of picks, lets hope we use them wisely!
we can have all the fast and tall wrs we want but as long as roman doesnt use them or kaep just reads crabs we'll be what ifing all over again next yr. if roman is back hes gonna need to do a complete 180 in the passing game and kaep is gonna need to be highly improved. 3 straight yrs with a dominating d and its the f**king offense that STILL has let us down tremendously, with the way the universe hates the 9ers how much yall willing to bet that when our offense is averaging pts in the high 20's that our offense will have a down yr? i wont be surprised
New offensive system and play calling.

Get a BIG, fast WR.

Bolster the secondary.
Better CBs
replace Goodwin
Get another work horse RB
get a legit #1 WR

oh yah and fire Roman
[ Edited by susweel on Jan 20, 2014 at 10:26 AM ]
FIRE GREG ROMAN.
Run some more god damn screens. I seriously think we ran 4 screen passes the entire year.
Originally posted by LambdaChi49:
Run some more god damn screens. I seriously think we ran 4 screen passes the entire year.

our OL is too big and slow for those.
CB's that stick to their receivers and don't give up after seeing the QB being chased down by Aldon, etc. Let them do their job, and have the CB's continue to do theirs. The midget completed a huge pass on 3rd and looooong yesterday while being chased down. The CB came in to help, leaving his coverage.