There are 117 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Off Season Thoughts

Off Season Thoughts

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
An actual deep threat at WR, or two even.

A decision on what the hell they are going to do with LaMichael James. Either find a way to utilize him in the offense or trade him and bring in a speedy, change of pace back ala Ellington in Arizona that Roman would actually use.

Carlos Rogers, too expensive, too slow-footed, 49ers need to draft a cornerback or two, preferably one outside guy and one to play in the slot to combine with Culliver, Brown and Morris to fight it out in training camp.

Overhaul this offense and this goofy 1970's passing scheme. Send Kaepernick to QB School, instead of lifting weights he needs to be lifting playbooks and watching tape. Find ways to involve guys like McDonald, Patton and Hunter more in the offense.

Utilize the RB's a lot more in the passing game.

Fangio should continue blitzing, it has been very effective, not necessarily to go crazy with it but the way he's used it in the postseason has been very effective.

This exactly.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
trade for AS

Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by 190836:
Change the offensive philosophy. OC has to go, we need a RB, NT, C, and a deep threat WR.

i dont see a deep threat receiver as a real need...right now kaepernick doesnt throw a real good deep ball (by my defintion, or way of thinking, 40 yards more is a deep ball)...he puts the ball too much on the line....he showed last year he can hit the intermediate passes (20-25 yard range), but as one of the fox crew said today he doesnt like to throw into tight windows...
But it could help with opening some holes for the other WRs. Imagine having someone speedy like Desean Jackson in our team. He will certainly draw lots of double coverage which could free up Crabs or Boldon. just saying!
Bring back Chris Weinke.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
An actual deep threat at WR, or two even.

A decision on what the hell they are going to do with LaMichael James. Either find a way to utilize him in the offense or trade him and bring in a speedy, change of pace back ala Ellington in Arizona that Roman would actually use.

Carlos Rogers, too expensive, too slow-footed, 49ers need to draft a cornerback or two, preferably one outside guy and one to play in the slot to combine with Culliver, Brown and Morris to fight it out in training camp.

Overhaul this offense and this goofy 1970's passing scheme. Send Kaepernick to QB School, instead of lifting weights he needs to be lifting playbooks and watching tape. Find ways to involve guys like McDonald, Patton and Hunter more in the offense.

Utilize the RB's a lot more in the passing game.

Fangio should continue blitzing, it has been very effective, not necessarily to go crazy with it but the way he's used it in the postseason has been very effective.

Holy s**t I forgot Cully is coming back next season.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
trade for AS

In no order CB SS WR and center.
Bring back Nate Davis.

...ok, now I'll stop.
somebody post a pic of #38 Latimore
They basically confirmed the AR theory with that last play and during the press conference. This type of system/thinking HAS to go. It has hindered the development of the offense, cost us another potential championship and the development of certain players on offense. I want a deep threat for his offense, but changing our mindset offensively would do more than a deep threat. All I can do is hope that this loss will put an end to this manner of running the offense.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
move boone to RT, and davis to RG. then, you will have two pro bowlers.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
draft george atkinson in the 5th or 6th round, move him to wideout and see if he can become some kind of deep threat, in addition to the nice return qualities he'll bring.
[ Edited by xcfan on Jan 20, 2014 at 1:28 AM ]
1) Safety to back up or replace Whitner
2) Resign Boldin
3) Draft at least two WRs of the future
4) Draft DB depth
5) Draft or sign Goodwin's replacement

Perhaps say goodbye to Gore, Whitner, Goodwin and Rogers.
38 is coming.....
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home