There are 72 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Off Season Thoughts

Off Season Thoughts

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by sconniepanther:
I hope we retain P Cox and K Osgood from the unrestricted pool. Boldin, Whitner, Brown, and Dawson will be too expensive if we want to lock up two hopefully three out of:
  1. Kaep
  2. Smith
  3. Crabs
  4. Iupati

Lupati is gone in my opinion.

Well that's good because I want to keep "IUPATI."

at the expense of Crabs or Aldon
Originally posted by sconniepanther:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by sconniepanther:
I hope we retain P Cox and K Osgood from the unrestricted pool. Boldin, Whitner, Brown, and Dawson will be too expensive if we want to lock up two hopefully three out of:
  1. Kaep
  2. Smith
  3. Crabs
  4. Iupati

Lupati is gone in my opinion.


I hope so. He doesn't awe me and seems overrated a tad. It was clear Crabs was more impactful than him.

You guys don't even watch the games. He's an absolute destroyer at Guard. He mauls people. I see guys laying on the ground that get blocked by him. Pancake city. A lot of fans just watch QB and WR's. They don't even notice the line. It's not surprising.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by sconniepanther:
I hope we retain P Cox and K Osgood from the unrestricted pool. Boldin, Whitner, Brown, and Dawson will be too expensive if we want to lock up two hopefully three out of:
  1. Kaep
  2. Smith
  3. Crabs
  4. Iupati

Lupati is gone in my opinion.

Well that's good because I want to keep "IUPATI."

Lol... I do that all the time
Originally posted by crabman82:
its not a complete over haul. whitner leaves and they try to plug that gap. it worked when goldson left. cully coming back cancels out brown leaving. and rogers is being cut cus of his pay and it was shown a guy like cox can do just as good of a job if not better than him at this point.

Goldson leaving meant replacing one guy, a starter at that. Brown and Whitner means replacing two starters. I don't think cully coming back automatically cancels out Brown leaving. He was below Brown on the depth chart for a reason and It's not like you come back from a Torn ACL better than you were so to me, he replaces Rogers until proven otherwise. Plus we're talking about losing 3 players in our secondary tht were on the field for at least 80% of the defensive snaps.
Id only be ok with losing Brown if we draft a corner in the first and Eric Wright improves. We can't afford to regress.
Here's who i want back ranked in order

boldin
dawson
whitner


Everyone else is expendable. I know i want everyone back, but this salary cap, it's not possible.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Gore
Boldin
Willis
Justin Smith
Dawson

You want to lose Willis when Bowman just went down? Good plan....


I want Patrick to get completely healthy for next year. And he isn't going anywhere anyway
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by sconniepanther:
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Originally posted by sconniepanther:
I hope we retain P Cox and K Osgood from the unrestricted pool. Boldin, Whitner, Brown, and Dawson will be too expensive if we want to lock up two hopefully three out of:
  1. Kaep
  2. Smith
  3. Crabs
  4. Iupati

Lupati is gone in my opinion.


I hope so. He doesn't awe me and seems overrated a tad. It was clear Crabs was more impactful than him.

You guys don't even watch the games. He's an absolute destroyer at Guard. He mauls people. I see guys laying on the ground that get blocked by him. Pancake city. A lot of fans just watch QB and WR's. They don't even notice the line. It's not surprising.


for every mauling or pancake he has an equal amount of whiffs in pass protection. He doesn't move that well side to side. We didn't drop off much when he was out.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by crabman82:
its not a complete over haul. whitner leaves and they try to plug that gap. it worked when goldson left. cully coming back cancels out brown leaving. and rogers is being cut cus of his pay and it was shown a guy like cox can do just as good of a job if not better than him at this point.

Goldson leaving meant replacing one guy, a starter at that. Brown and Whitner means replacing two starters. I don't think cully coming back automatically cancels out Brown leaving. He was below Brown on the depth chart for a reason and It's not like you come back from a Torn ACL better than you were so to me, he replaces Rogers until proven otherwise. Plus we're talking about losing 3 players in our secondary tht were on the field for at least 80% of the defensive snaps.
Id only be ok with losing Brown if we draft a corner in the first and Eric Wright improves. We can't afford to regress.


I don't think Wright is in the plans moving forward. There was a reason they went with Cox rather than him in the playoffs
Whitner probably gonna get the franchise tag.


justin smith and gore probably one more season here, unless either take big pay cuts.
Originally posted by martysofresh:
Originally posted by crabman82:
its not a complete over haul. whitner leaves and they try to plug that gap. it worked when goldson left. cully coming back cancels out brown leaving. and rogers is being cut cus of his pay and it was shown a guy like cox can do just as good of a job if not better than him at this point.

Goldson leaving meant replacing one guy, a starter at that. Brown and Whitner means replacing two starters. I don't think cully coming back automatically cancels out Brown leaving. He was below Brown on the depth chart for a reason and It's not like you come back from a Torn ACL better than you were so to me, he replaces Rogers until proven otherwise. Plus we're talking about losing 3 players in our secondary tht were on the field for at least 80% of the defensive snaps.
Id only be ok with losing Brown if we draft a corner in the first and Eric Wright improves. We can't afford to regress.



yeah writing is on the wall for brown.........
According to the angry mob, it should kap, kap, kap, Rogers, and kap.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Here's who i want back ranked in order

boldin
dawson
whitner


Everyone else is expendable. I know i want everyone back, but this salary cap, it's not possible.

Agreed. On the bubble with Whitner a bit but we should try to retain him. Boldin must stay, and that kicker was our meal ticket
REALLY want Boldin and Whitner back. Both so physical and Whitner is a big time leader. Boldin isn't the type to take a hometown discount though.

It's tricky with all the big time FA we have next season. Must replenish from the draft and hopefully Balkee hits a home run or two.

Brown will prob get a chance to test the market, hopefully he comes back and signs for the right price.

Top 3 - Boldin, Dawson and Whitner.
[ Edited by jk41183 on Jan 21, 2014 at 1:33 PM ]
Originally posted by VinculumJuris:
I wouldn't mind seeing Whitner, Rogers, and Brown all walk. Whitner played much better this season than in recent history, but he's still a liability where we need him the most. I'd be happy to see Baalke put 75% of his free agency and draft resources into building the secondary.


Be Seattle like and get Chancellor so he can take out his anger on the Seahawks. We shouldn't have to pay him much (if he's not suspended).
Originally posted by teylo31:
Brown Rogers And Whitner is gonna put our secondary in a complete overhaul and that seems really dangerous without any proven full season depth left except Culliver(coming off injury) and Reid.

I'm not concerned. We won our first Superbowl with three starting rookies in the secondary that year.