LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

I'm still proud of our team......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jbeale49:
Still a tough schedule, IMO

people do this every year where they over analyze a schedule. we dont know who will be good, who will be ravaged with injuries or how a given team will be playing when we get to play them. teams that look s**tty right now will rise up and have good seasons, and teams penciled in as playoff teams right now will fall off.
Niners!!
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
We have a ten year window, if we play this thing right. Niner fans need to get out of their minds visions of Dynasties of the past. We need now to beat the best team in the league, which I hate to say is Seattle. Revel in the opportunity, do not live in sorrow because of it.

I am not, and I know you are not, going to forget what Bowman did on that play. They may not get a ring for all the dudes who deserve one, but that dude just might get one with us.

Can we stop wishing Roman gone? I mean for f**k's sake, did you see us BEFORE he and the rest got here? This isn't your father's or grandfather's 49ers, this is the 49ers of your children. Joe Montana and Steve Young are statues in a museum to them. A clip of faded film. Jerry Rice? Some dude, with some other dude named Deion Sanders, that is picking the Pro Bowl teams. We must move on. This coming season it will be almost twenty years since our last Super Bowl win. Think about that. That is several generations of kids, a couple generations worth of college kids. Kids coming into college today are half my age (38), they have no modern memory of the old Niners. They only know THESE niners. They have heard the echoes, but that's all it is to them. Echoes.
Originally posted by socalniner:
Kap just has to be bigger than he was this game. I'd rather we had a game manager in the 4th qtr than whatever the hell he was trying to do.

I don't think you can win with a game manager in that situation. We needed to score a TD. I just think he made a bad decision. There was no reason to go to Crabtree in that situation. We had 30 seconds and 2 timeouts left. Take your time and get closer to the end zone. Unless Crabtree was wide open, I don't see why he chose to test Sherman there on blanket coverage.

I am not worried about Kap's future. I think he will be a great QB for the 49ers. I just don't want to keep coming up shirt year after year. We need to win number 6.
we have the worst luck as fans though. We should have 2 superbowls and going on to our third. It would be a shame if this team never gets over that hurdle
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Webzone repeat.
[ Edited by fropwns on Jan 20, 2014 at 9:46 AM ]
lots to be proud of with this team. sad reality in this league is there is 1 winner and 31 losers.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Kap just has to be bigger than he was this game. I'd rather we had a game manager in the 4th qtr than whatever the hell he was trying to do.

I don't think you can win with a game manager in that situation. We needed to score a TD. I just think he made a bad decision. There was no reason to go to Crabtree in that situation. We had 30 seconds and 2 timeouts left. Take your time and get closer to the end zone. Unless Crabtree was wide open, I don't see why he chose to test Sherman there on blanket coverage.

I am not worried about Kap's future. I think he will be a great QB for the 49ers. I just don't want to keep coming up shirt year after year. We need to win number 6.

It wasn't just that throw, I'm also referring to the 3 turnovers. I have no doubt he'll get better, but all he had to do was NOT turn it over and we would have had a better shot at winning.

It wasn't just that throw, I'm also referring to the 3 turnovers. I have no doubt he'll get better, but all he had to do was NOT turn it over and we would have had a better shot at winning.

Yes that is true. But also, other than Kap, no one was really doing much on offense. I think this caused him to press a little which led to the turnovers. I just think that on that last drive we had a real shot at scoring a TD. Why is he taking such a risk on first down from the 19 when we still have 30 seconds and 2 timeouts to punch it in?
kaep has way too much trust in his arm, that dumb ass throw that got picked off by chancellor was as stupid as can be. he then did it again and luckily for him it was the much shorter thurmond and not chancellor there and it got completed to crabs. that brett favre mentality is the major reason favre has 1 ring and i dont want my qb with that f**k it just chucking it. learn to take what the d gives you and read defenses much better, on top of that spread the damn ball around. that 1 read s**t needs to end beginning the offseason, no reason to believe that vernon can be completely blanketed all game as well as patton

window wont close as long as harbs is there, but we wont keep making it back to championship game after championship game like we have been. But i also have been saying that for the past two years and the niners keep proving me wrong
Once the Seahawks lose the Super Bowl all will be right in 49er land and Quest for Six will be back in full force.

Yes that is true. But also, other than Kap, no one was really doing much on offense. I think this caused him to press a little which led to the turnovers. I just think that on that last drive we had a real shot at scoring a TD. Why is he taking such a risk on first down from the 19 when we still have 30 seconds and 2 timeouts to punch it in?

at some point you've got to go for it. in the redzone as you get deeper it gets more condensed with less room. add it playing a great D and it was going to be hard to punch it in. he took a shot with his guy and the db made a great play. thats what happens when theres that much talent on the field at one time for both teams.
this was his slump year
remember that
rogers will be gone so there goes 80% of slot passes being completed included 4th down and forever

Its a full team loss Yea Kap took the fault but our defense played terrible we had those No Name Wrs making big plays. Carlos Rogers getting burned constantly and Whitner is likely Gone as well we need a real Corner our front 7 did NOT do a good job we got mauled a bad time to have a bad game overall imo
Share 49ersWebzone