There are 232 users in the forums

I'm still proud of our team......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by VicFangio:
Originally posted by pdizo916:
I am proud that we have a annual contender. Look at the Steelers, they lost like 4 conference championships before breaking through-now they have 6. I'm glad that we have a team that can enter the dance every year and what happens once we get in is up in the air.

I'm proud you're not the GM. Last year, you said during the middle of the year that Crabtree was a #4 on a "good team". Blow it out your ass and kill yourself, dips**t

Bro, you are going hard! You web banging to the fullest! You trying to get kicked out? PD may have said some ill sh!t but we got rules here playa!
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Reported.

Tattle tale? Kill yourself, p***y.

Cya Vic. Tried to warn you, but I don't think the mods will take kindly to "kill yourself p***y."

Good luck, and go Niners.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Reported.

Tattle tale? Kill yourself, p***y.

Richard sherman?
You should not be proud. All the talent on this team and it was wasted. Lets face it, they (primarily Kap) crapped the bed big time in Seattle. From play calling to Kap's 3 turnovers to special teams.

Look at it this way, it could have been much worse. 49ers recovered two of their own fumbles that could have easily gone the other way.

Wasted season, wasted opportunity because I think the 49ers would handle Denver by pressuring and hitting Payton like they did Wilson. Wasted season.
Honestly, it's easy to 2nd guess the throw to Crabtree. If the throw was just a little deeper and Crab caught it, Kaepernick would have instant Montana status.

It probably was the right call given that we were near the redzone and would have been tough scoring a TD.

Just like we kept worrying about whether Alex could win us the big one, I think the same could be said about Kaepernick until he develops more as a QB.

I think he will be able to do it given he's still pretty young and has plenty of confidence and physical abilities. But if he never progresses beyond the way he is now, it's gonna be very tough to do unless we get favorable matchups and home field.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Still proud, but we need help in the secondary, o-line and a good WR (can catch, durable and blazing fast).
Truthfully, Im proud of Kap. He played a hell of a game, in Seattle. Lets all agree, that Seattle D was ferocious. And the way he broke off those runs (54 harder had me jumping), he is explosive, and almost every other game but today he is clutch. Who else would you prefer, Russell Wilson? No way, look what this secondary did to all the other QB's they played Drew Brees for ex.

I believe we lost because Kap and Crab have this confident man. Games on the line? Im going to Crab. Going over Sherman's ass to go to the Superbowl.

Just imagine if they did it. Makes me think Harbaugh wanted it that way or he'd of called a QB scramble. 3 receivers on one side, Crab on the other, they ISOLATED him
[ Edited by HarboutTHAT on Jan 20, 2014 at 1:56 AM ]
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mayor:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Up against all odds, they fought their asses off until under a minute in the game, and lost on a tipped int in the endzone in the conference championship. I'm still proud of our team. I'm still 49ers Faithful until the end. Sucks to lose, but it happens. Congrats to the seattle. They kept fighting and pulled out the win late in the game. I wished Kap woulda just ran with it. It was working all game, but whatevs. Don't hate on our team just because they lost.

THIS!!!

Yup, still proud.
  • Baldie
  • Veteran
All those that want Kap traded are insane. I was mad at Kap and we all should be for making that pass to Crabs but we all 2nd guessed that. Against the douche of a CB as Sherman is he shouldn't have thrown it his way. But whats done is done.

After seeing some of the postgame tweets from the postgame interviews, Willis's postgame made me realize that the SB was far from the issue here. When asked about that fumble at the goaline involving Bow, he said he wasn't even worried about that he was more worried about his bro. That was the perfect response I think to great end to a season. It wouldn't have been the same had they gone to the SB without Bow. Then I saw that fans were throwing food at Bow has he was being carted out..REALLY!!???! Let Seattle go to the SB and lose, let them feel how we felt last year. At the end of the day its about this team and their health. I just wish for Bow a great recovery for the 2014 season. As Willis said, he'll be with Bow every step of the way.

Great season everyone! It was a blast! Its going to be a long summer for me as the NFL is really the only sport I pay attention to. GO BRONCOS!

I admit I didn't think they would win this game. Why would I given the way we played there the last few times. But to have a chance at the end only to throw it away hurts and is going to leave another bad taste in my mouth like the Superbowl.
Kaep will never win a SB time to find another QB.
I stated in another thread that this was the end of the line for this version of the 49ers and that may well be true. Most of us are pretty certain that we are losing Carlos Rogers, Tarrell Brown, Donte Whitner, and Anthony Dixon and that Frank Gore and Justin Smith will obviously be another year older. However, there are some encouraging things in our future that lead me to believe the window is as open as it ever has been for the TEAM.

The only thing that tells me that Frank Gore and Justin Smith won't be there when we finally make it to the promised land is there aren't many teams in history that go to four straight conference championships. But even with all the losses that we will have as a result of free agency or as cap casualties, when you look at the rest of the NFC, I don't see many teams closing the gap by that much between us and them. Our biggest road blocks will be in the NFC West. However, we aren't that far from regaining the clear edge here. Even though we loss, because of the effort we gave, I don't think the idea of playing in Seattle is as big of a deal as it's been the last two visits (clear blowouts). The teams are as even as they come and to me that's only because our offense has not lived up to it's potential. Same could be said for Seattle considering who they are missing however.

This brings me to the draft. I'm fully confident that Trent Baalke can rebuild our secondary in one offseason. While I don't like the prospect of potentially starting two rookies, we should be ok, and with Vic Fangio mixing in a little more blitzing, our front 7 could make our secondary look how it did in 2011 (even if we are missing NaVorro Bowman at the start of the season). We are going to reap the benefits of the 2013 draft with guys like Marcus Lattimore, Tank Carradine, and possibly Quinton Dial playing a little more. Quinton Patton and Vance McDonald can become bigger parts of our offense. I hope through the offseason our coaching staff realizes just how wide open those two guys as well as our running backs are on pass plays. I swear we leave 50 or more yards passing a game out there on the field by not targeting them and locking so hard on Anquan Boldin and Michael Crabtree.

If Trent Baalke nails it with another draft in 2014 (I'm confident this will happen) and finally brings in some speed at receiver to open things up for everyone else, our rookies from 2013 are used as an integral part of the offense and defense in 2014 (remains to be seen), and Colin Kaepernick takes the next step forward (in the classroom and improves decision making which remains to be seen), I'll go ahead and say we will be right there next season and no defense, including the Legion of Boom will stop us.
  • Jiks
-Fangio may be gone here soon.
-Defense is the LAST of my worries.
-Offense has me worried beyond belief. Kept me up all night thinking about it. Yesterday every single yard just seemed like a daunting task. We went deep once into double coverage at the complete wrong time. Huge turnovers, no run game(all season). Questionable play calling, playing so damn conservative with no risk(like Carol 4th and 7).
-How can we not get the ball to the best TE in the NFL(if not top 2)?
-When's the last time a team made it to 4 straight NFCC's

I hate being a debbie downer but I can't control my thoughts. Sure this will go away after I've gotten over this loss though.
[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Jan 20, 2014 at 7:38 AM ]
Good season. We lost to a good team. Best team won
Share 49ersWebzone