There are 196 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I'm still proud of our team......

Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
I'm not confident at all with a QB who can only do 1 read and can't play from the pocket. You can't win with that ever. Not unless he improves and progresses. FA departures, salary cap ramifications, Justin Smith and Frank Gore getting older. We can't keep messing up these opportunities and we did 3 years in a row.

You say that as if we have another choice. Tom Brady and Peyton Manning are not walking through that door, and if they did our OL would get them killed. Kaepernick is a young QB, and has done more in his first two years than some guys have over their entire careers. He has not reached his ceiling, and I think he is far away from it. That is a scary thought for opposing defenses.

I hope he improves. But I didn't see much this year.
I'm not confident at all with a QB who can only do 1 read and can't play from the pocket. You can't win with that ever. Not unless he improves and progresses. FA departures, salary cap ramifications, Justin Smith and Frank Gore getting older. We can't keep messing up these opportunities and we did 3 years in a row.
What other option do we have? Kaep and JH are joined at the hip, so they need to live under the same roof until the first preseason game. Kaep needs to lift more playbooks and read concepts and less weights. And I fully expect that to happen.
Yes, our team is about to get alot younger. I've always felt the guys we will be replacing were the weakest link (Goodwin, Rogers, Whitner). I don't feel it will be difficult replacing them. Not with all the ammunition we have in the draft.
Originally posted by Eli_23:
WE NEED BOLDIN

If we resign Boldin, we're going to have no speed on the outside again next year. Teams will definately play 8-9 men in the box again. I like Boldin but I would like to force opposing defenses to defend every inch of the field. Can't do that with Crab and Boldin. Plus, Boldin's salary hit against the cap will not be cheap. At his current age, I don't think resigning him is wise.
We'll be in the hunt for at least a decade. A lot of young talent on this team. Great ownership, front office, and coaching.

God, you're hella annoying dude. Literally say the same thing over and over again.

Unless Kap gets progressively worse and continues to regress next year (which is highly unlikely), he ain't going anywhere. Look, I'm disappointed in Kap, most of us are, but what we can hope for is that Kap can learn from all this and improve. He knows what his weaknesses are, what he needs to get better at, and so do the coaches and I expect him to work on it over the offseason to become a better QB. He's still young, plenty of room to improve but it seems like you've already given up on him.
Originally posted by kronik:
If we resign Boldin, we're going to have no speed on the outside again next year. Teams will definately play 8-9 men in the box again. I like Boldin but I would like to force opposing defenses to defend every inch of the field. Can't do that with Crab and Boldin. Plus, Boldin's salary hit against the cap will not be cheap. At his current age, I don't think resigning him is wise.

We still need him. We need to draft the speed.
Originally posted by redrazer45:
too dam early after a loss for me

this......
we're going 13-3 next year. book it.

just hope that seattle does worse, can't afford to play @seattle in the nfcc game again
I am confident that we will make another deep playoff run. But we will not win a super bowl until our red zone offense improves, our secondary can defend the deep ball and we get some speed at WR.
Good post - still in the dumps.

As of right now if Roman stays and JH keeps games close I'm not confident of getting in the Super Bowl
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
SIGN BOLDIN KEEP WHITNER AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD USE PATTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Good post - still in the dumps.

As of right now if Roman stays and JH keeps games close I'm not confident of getting in the Super Bowl

Oh yes good point, because Seattle consistently gets blown out, especially at home LOL
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
we're going 13-3 next year. book it.

just hope that seattle does worse, can't afford to play @seattle in the nfcc game again

eh. that crowd noise didn't seem to affect the offense at all. It was kindda strange. No where near as loud as it should have been considering the way the game was playing out.