There are 69 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I'm still proud of our team......

You get a better perspective of the game after a few days. Kap was the whole offense, period. Did anyone on offense or special teams make a play? Our running attack was stopped at the line of scrimmage. Look at Seattle, five or six guys made plays. The 49er D was lights out and kept coming back. I thought we were dead several times in the 4th quarter but the D dug down deep. We played them even at their place with no calls going our way. Has the window closed on this team, definitely not. Watch what happens when we move into Levi Stadium, we'll be unbeatable. I am looking forward to Manning giving the Seahawks a little religion.
This is what it boils down to for me: Kaep has been making peanuts for far. Soon, he will be making $15-20m. When his salary is low, we have the luxury of surrounding him with more talent. Surrounding him with more talent means that we can mask some of his inefficiencies or weaknesses; the rest of the team can pick up the slack that he leaves. Well, when his salary skyrockets, we're going to have to clear cap space to retain him. Maybe that means letting go of someone like Boldin. Maybe it means losing someone like Iupati. Maybe it means losing Crabs.

Anyway, whether or not our window closes hinges a lot on Kaep's development. The roster will get weaker, in all likelihood. The question is, can Kaep develop to compensate for that? If he becomes, say, a better pocket passer that's better at going through progressions, we don't need three star receiving threats like Crab/Boldin/Davis -- we'll be able to get by with less (sort of like how Russell Wilson put up comparable numbers to Kaep with good-but-mediocre weapons).

However, if Kaep does not develop, or he stagnates a little bit, then we might be in trouble. Then the roster gets weaker, but quarterback play remains largely the same. That's a recipe for trouble. We might be closer to an 8-10 win team instead of a 10-12 win team.

If Kaep develops... we're fine. If not... then, sadly, I think our window may have closed. At least our window of being a clear-cut juggernaut. Not saying that if Kaep keeps playing like this that we'll be a 4-win team or something.
Originally posted by NeKro:
I was watching the game at beachfront 301 in hunthingbeach and man was there a lot of heartbreak there. I actually thought we were going to pull it off, Me in my kaep jersey and my girl with crab jersey on. I though we were going to be the best couple at the bar..... now excuse me while i have my glass of whiskey to ease the pain at least a little bit.

Time heals all wounds, man.
The window will close only if the offense does not evolve. This is NOT a west coast offense in any shape or form. Rather, Jim Harbaugh's offense is pretty much that neanderthal crap Ditka ran in Chicago. Credit to Jim though, his offense does use a lot of motion, which is a step up for Ditka's garbage. You can get away with running this stuff if you have the talent. However, when talent is not enough, when opposing defenses can scheme against it, it leaves much to be desired.

You know your offensive scheme and play calling is in trouble when the bulk of the offensive production falls on one guy--Mr. Kaepernick. It doesn't help that Boldin and Davis can't hold on to balls that hit them in the hands. It doesn't help that your blocking scheme in the running game is like a sieve. It is time to go back to the drawing board and innovate. Innovation is born out of crisis, and this offense is in crisis.
Originally posted by Beeker:
Originally posted by The49erMan:
I love Niners, but they are the new Eagles....aka Chokers. 1-2 in NFC Championship games is pathetic, not to mention losing the SB...if anything they will be remember for the unit that ended the perfect record in the SB. Love my team, but I don't like chokers. I think the window closed last night. 8 or 9 win team next season.

I can name 29 other teams that would LOVE to have the past 3 seasons the 49ers have had.

You are correct.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SoCold:
My brother from another puts his stamp of approval on the thread.

Thank you kind, sir.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Up against all odds, they fought their asses off until under a minute in the game, and lost on a tipped int in the endzone in the conference championship. I'm still proud of our team. I'm still 49ers Faithful until the end. Sucks to lose, but it happens. Congrats to the seattle. They kept fighting and pulled out the win late in the game. I wished Kap woulda just ran with it. It was working all game, but whatevs. Don't hate on our team just because they lost.

Absolutely This!
I love Niners, but they are the new Eagles....aka Chokers. 1-2 in NFC Championship games is pathetic, not to mention losing the SB...if anything they will be remember for the unit that ended the perfect record in the SB. Love my team, but I don't like chokers. I think the window closed last night. 8 or 9 win team next season.

Someone get this troll out of here. Anyone who compares us to that Eagles team obviously has no real knowledge of this team and the way it has been built and the stability we have at the top of our orginization. Teams like the Bills went to 3 straight super bowls in a NON-SALARY CAP ERA, so that completely makes them uncomparable to todays teams. If we were uncapped we would still have ICE, RJF, Goldson, Delanie, etc.... man we would be flat out rediculous.

The Eagles on the other hand make 3 straight NFC championships in a weak NFC East and the NFC period at that time was down. We have had to fight off the Giants (two time SB champs), Packers (SB champs), Saints (SB Champs) and to an certain extent the Seahawks. Yet and still we rise to the occasion every season and have still have LOTS of room to improve and we have the means to do so.
  • SoCold
  • Veteran
you're welcome

I love you
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Deadspin ‏@Deadspin

A 49ers fan allegedly shot two men after they accused him of being a bandwagoner: http://deadsp.in/sCMOQGG

I clearly remember hearing the exact same things after 2011 and 2012. There is no window. There is only next year and we will reload and climb the mountain again. We've seen heartbreak before (83, 87, 90, 11, 12 &13) and we'll see it again. This is what happens when you compete at the top levels of the greatest sport ever. Hopefully we break through next year . . . and GO BRONCO'S!!
Thanks to the team for giving us fans a great season. I'm looking forward to next year.

LOL... Really?

Chokers? the niners overacheived in 2011, arguably overachieved after choking against atlanta down 17 in 2012 with virtually a rookie qb, and chocked against a seattle team, who were at home, with the best defense in the league, trying to win our fourth straight road game in as many weeks. Remember, this was a five-seed, not a one or two seed in a superior conference. If you dont want take a more nuanced approach to our season and the game, just go away.