LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

I'm still proud of our team......

Shop Find 49ers gear online
When you put together a run we had from 1981-1998 there is a built in level of hatred from around the league. Now add in the fact that harbaugh is generally not liked across other fan bases and it leads to the negative tones that get thrown at the niners. As a fan just disregard it and take it as a compliment. Usually fans don't waste hate on "nobodies".
Originally posted by Rocket4989:
after being a 49ers for a long time, i got to see which team hate the 49ers and which team doesn't. What i don't understand is why are there people who watch football and doesn't root for a team hate the 49ers? the 49ers have been sucking for so long until 3 years ago and now everyone is hating. why?

Being over here on the east coast, just about every football fan I know is a fan of another team. The ones that hate the Niners tend to do so either because (1) we're good now and we've been a thorn in a lot of teams' sides over the past few years; or (2) they don't like the attitude of some of our players (Kaepernick is the most frequently mentioned) and/or newer fan base.
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
I was watching the game at beachfront 301 in hunthingbeach and man was there a lot of heartbreak there. I actually thought we were going to pull it off, Me in my kaep jersey and my girl with crab jersey on. I though we were going to be the best couple at the bar..... now excuse me while i have my glass of whiskey to ease the pain at least a little bit.
Look at it this way, Seattle just played in their third conference title game all time. Since 1988 there has been three times we've made it the 3 straight conference title games. Throw in 1997 and it's been 10 conference title games in 25 years. That in and of its self is impressive, but when you factor in we basically took a decade off it mind boggling.
i know a few people who don't root for any team but just hate the 49ers. just leave me scratching my head.lol guess they really like to hate.
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
winning = hate

Its all about this.
Originally posted by facestabber:
Who is hating? I don't have many 49er friends here in illinois and they were overwhelmingly against the Seahawks. But understand 5 SB wins will get some resentment/hate

I know a bunch of a*****e bandwagon type fans. Every year they start the season as Cowboys fans, Texans fans...when their team goes down the tubes, come playoff time they only thing they have is rooting for whatever team to beat the 49ers in the playoffs. They are totally ignorant as fans, know nothing about the teams they are supporting, they just want the 49ers to lose.
It's human nature.

Humans need to protect what is important to their self-concept (e.g., their respective team that they financially and emotionally invest in).

Some can achieve this by rationalizing their success, but in the event that a person's team underperforms, the alternative to protect what you value is to bring others down.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
A lot of it is media driven.
Fucc all those HATERS!

nobody hates the jaguars

look at it like that
I think 49ers have 2-4 years of elite play before transitioning to a new era.

Kaepernick needs to use his brain, dress like an adult, act like an adult, speak like an adult, and for the love of god learn to pass the ball. Being last place in yards all season is really hurting this team. Seriously, this team is stacked, and Colin is bottlenecking the 49ers. I know some people think he is a godsend, but when other teams don't blitz deliberately knowing Colin cannot throw, and he gets 17 yards all half as a result, something needs to change if this team wants to win a Superbowl. 3 turnovers in a row to end the season... shame.
[ Edited by NinersGiants on Jan 20, 2014 at 11:12 PM ]
5 rings.

You don't think Cowboy fans are mad we're good again while they keep mucking around with Jason Garrett, Tony Romo, & Jerry Jones?

You don't think Browns, Bills, & Lions fans are tired of being doormats?

We went from greatness to s**t to greatness again. And there was barely any time of us being mediocre.

With that kind of turnaround... haters gonna hate.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
With next year's weak schedule I can easily see us going 13-3 maybe 14-2

We have a weak schedule? We're in a ridiculously tough division...and Rams have two high draft picks. We're not going to have easy schedule anytime soon. If I'm correct...we have to play AFC West...which sent 3 teams to the playoffs.
Share 49ersWebzone