There are 107 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I'm still proud of our team......

Aldon Smith MUST be priority number 1 in resigning. Then everyone else.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
9 yards away AGAIN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU



Kaep just needs to learn the checkdowns. THE REDZONE TWO MINUTE DRILL needs improvement.

If anything has to do with a ''window closing'' (like you guys said last year )



it's money.

Alot of overall number ones, Kaeps contract,Boldin,

You realize Roman made that call so Kap would throw to Crabs right? That's the point of trips on the opposite side, to draw coverage and make 1-1 on the other side of the field
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
The 49ers WON today's game. The score shows them having lost because the paid-off officials gave the game to the Seachickens, who couldn't win the game on their own abilities; they needed the help of corrupt and incompetent officials. The 49ers are the 2013 NFC Champions, regardless of what ESPN and the so-called sports world say, or what the history books show.



If you really believed this you would never watch another game. But you will watch, because you know that it isn't true. Which is why the petulant child act is so funny.
yah same here they played hard and gave it everything they had.


GO NINERS
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Its a full team loss Yea Kap took the fault but our defense played terrible we had those No Name Wrs making big plays. Carlos Rogers getting burned constantly and Whitner is likely Gone as well we need a real Corner our front 7 did NOT do a good job we got mauled a bad time to have a bad game overall imo

You bring up a good point about No Name WRs.

All season long we talked about how good the offense would be when Crabtree came back. Last night, and all this season, Seattle proved that you don't need great WRs if you have a good OC and QB.

Jerome Kearse was at the bottom of the depth chart in September. Doug Baldwin, the guy Harbaugh had at Stanford, was not good enough to even get an invite to tryout for the 49ers, yet he has played a key role in 3 49er losses in the last two years.

Why is it Seattle can get No Names to produce but the 49er cannot? Is Russell Wilson that much better than Colin Kaepernick? Is Darrell Bevell that much better than Greg Roman? Both?
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Aldon Smith MUST be priority number 1 in resigning. Then everyone else.

no doubt.
We got farther than i thought we would about mid-season. Niner4Lyfe.
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Its a full team loss Yea Kap took the fault but our defense played terrible we had those No Name Wrs making big plays. Carlos Rogers getting burned constantly and Whitner is likely Gone as well we need a real Corner our front 7 did NOT do a good job we got mauled a bad time to have a bad game overall imo

You bring up a good point about No Name WRs.

All season long we talked about how good the offense would be when Crabtree came back. Last night, and all this season, Seattle proved that you don't need great WRs if you have a good OC and QB.

Jerome Kearse was at the bottom of the depth chart in September. Doug Baldwin, the guy Harbaugh had at Stanford, was not good enough to even get an invite to tryout for the 49ers, yet he has played a key role in 3 49er losses in the last two years.

Why is it Seattle can get No Names to produce but the 49er cannot? Is Russell Wilson that much better than Colin Kaepernick? Is Darrell Bevell that much better than Greg Roman? Both?

Or maybe they're better at identifying talent at WR. Their receivers are also fast. Our receivers are slow. When Kap is scrambling around I don't see any of our receivers move around and try to give him an open target downfield. When Wilson scrambles it seems he always finds a wide open receiver for an explosive play. Maybe that also has to do with the play of our DBs.
Not sure if window is closing, but the core players on defense (outside of Aldon), are getting toward the back end of their career. Cowboy is on borrowed time at 35 when the season begins, Patrick is not as explosive as a few years ago and will turn 29 next week, McDonald declined from 2012 and will be 30 this year, and Brooks will be 30 in two months. Gore will be 31 this summer, an ancient age for a starting RB, and even Vernon Davis turns 30 next week and Staley 30 over the summer.

In other words, our core guys are in their 30s now, and even a slight decline for a stud player levels the playing field for younger players on other rosters.

For the Niners to keep at the top long term, they need some of the draftees from 2013 to contribute in the next couple of years, and see new rookies jump into major roles. This league flips quickly.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
Its a full team loss Yea Kap took the fault but our defense played terrible we had those No Name Wrs making big plays. Carlos Rogers getting burned constantly and Whitner is likely Gone as well we need a real Corner our front 7 did NOT do a good job we got mauled a bad time to have a bad game overall imo

You bring up a good point about No Name WRs.

All season long we talked about how good the offense would be when Crabtree came back. Last night, and all this season, Seattle proved that you don't need great WRs if you have a good OC and QB.

Jerome Kearse was at the bottom of the depth chart in September. Doug Baldwin, the guy Harbaugh had at Stanford, was not good enough to even get an invite to tryout for the 49ers, yet he has played a key role in 3 49er losses in the last two years.

Why is it Seattle can get No Names to produce but the 49er cannot? Is Russell Wilson that much better than Colin Kaepernick? Is Darrell Bevell that much better than Greg Roman? Both?

Or maybe they're better at identifying talent at WR. Their receivers are also fast. Our receivers are slow. When Kap is scrambling around I don't see any of our receivers move around and try to give him an open target downfield. When Wilson scrambles it seems he always finds a wide open receiver for an explosive play. Maybe that also has to do with the play of our DBs.

There has definitely been a problem at WR on this team for years. We got lucky with Crabtree and Boldin was a gift. Other than that, the staff just doesn't seem to have any feel for how to draft/coach/develop WRs. To get burned by Doug Baldwin almost every time we play the Seahawks, and have our passing game so inept suggests there is a flaw here that goes beyond just the WRs on the roster.

The fact that Wilson always seems to have his eyes upfield while scrambling seems to be a coaching point that has not been stressed with Kaepernick.

One answer may be that Harbaugh seems to demand that WRs be very good blockers and pass catching is secondary on many plays. I don't get that but it is what seems to be the priority. Other teams seem to be able to get WRs to do both. smh
Originally posted by pfizz:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Its amazing that people think a window has to close in 3 years. Did they miss the run the patriots, colts, etc. went on? Draft well, some key free agents, sign the right folks have great leadership and coaches and it keeps going.

Amazing it keeps coming up from a fan base who watched 16 straight years of winning 10 games or more.

Niners will be fine.

Go niners!


While I mainly agree with you those teams had elite QBs. Kap is not elite.

Neither was Young after a season and a half starting in the NFL
Not sure on the window.

IMO, we were the best team in the league in 2012 and 2013. We have absolutely jack to show for it.

Not sure how long we can keep it up.

It's riveting, to say the least.
We have 3/5 of our O-line and our linebackers locked up on team-friendly contracts for the next 2-6 years. We have a back-up in place already for Gore and Justin Smith. We have a good young safety, and two good, young CBs (Brock/Culliver). We just need to resign Kap and spend the money we've got left on WRs and D-line depth, and draft secondary and O-line.
  • NeKro
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 278
Originally posted by socalniner:
Originally posted by socalfan21:
Aldon Smith MUST be priority number 1 in resigning. Then everyone else.

no doubt.

He is key to our D, we must keep him.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Not sure if window is closing, but the core players on defense (outside of Aldon), are getting toward the back end of their career. Cowboy is on borrowed time at 35 when the season begins, Patrick is not as explosive as a few years ago and will turn 29 next week, McDonald declined from 2012 and will be 30 this year, and Brooks will be 30 in two months. Gore will be 31 this summer, an ancient age for a starting RB, and even Vernon Davis turns 30 next week and Staley 30 over the summer.

In other words, our core guys are in their 30s now, and even a slight decline for a stud player levels the playing field for younger players on other rosters.

For the Niners to keep at the top long term, they need some of the draftees from 2013 to contribute in the next couple of years, and see new rookies jump into major roles. This league flips quickly.

Good point. Bill Walsh used to say that the first sign of decline was injury, not just age per se. Willis was definitely impacted this season.

The DL was certainly not as dominant this season. All the play time last season may have taken a toll. That is a rough, demanding position to play. Let's hope Dial and Carradine can be the player we all hope.

This upcoming draft will be critical. Baalke will have to be on his game like no other this time. 2012 was a bust and 2013 was all about injury recovery and future potential (apart from Reid). This draft will have to produce quality now.