There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

I'm still proud of our team......

window wont close as long as harbs is there, but we wont keep making it back to championship game after championship game like we have been. But i also have been saying that for the past two years and the niners keep proving me wrong
Once the Seahawks lose the Super Bowl all will be right in 49er land and Quest for Six will be back in full force.
Originally posted by real9erfan:
Originally posted by socalniner:
Kap just has to be bigger than he was this game. I'd rather we had a game manager in the 4th qtr than whatever the hell he was trying to do.

I don't think you can win with a game manager in that situation. We needed to score a TD. I just think he made a bad decision. There was no reason to go to Crabtree in that situation. We had 30 seconds and 2 timeouts left. Take your time and get closer to the end zone. Unless Crabtree was wide open, I don't see why he chose to test Sherman there on blanket coverage.

I am not worried about Kap's future. I think he will be a great QB for the 49ers. I just don't want to keep coming up shirt year after year. We need to win number 6.

It wasn't just that throw, I'm also referring to the 3 turnovers. I have no doubt he'll get better, but all he had to do was NOT turn it over and we would have had a better shot at winning.

Yes that is true. But also, other than Kap, no one was really doing much on offense. I think this caused him to press a little which led to the turnovers. I just think that on that last drive we had a real shot at scoring a TD. Why is he taking such a risk on first down from the 19 when we still have 30 seconds and 2 timeouts to punch it in?

at some point you've got to go for it. in the redzone as you get deeper it gets more condensed with less room. add it playing a great D and it was going to be hard to punch it in. he took a shot with his guy and the db made a great play. thats what happens when theres that much talent on the field at one time for both teams.
this was his slump year
remember that
rogers will be gone so there goes 80% of slot passes being completed included 4th down and forever
Kap just has to be bigger than he was this game. I'd rather we had a game manager in the 4th qtr than whatever the hell he was trying to do.

I don't think you can win with a game manager in that situation. We needed to score a TD. I just think he made a bad decision. There was no reason to go to Crabtree in that situation. We had 30 seconds and 2 timeouts left. Take your time and get closer to the end zone. Unless Crabtree was wide open, I don't see why he chose to test Sherman there on blanket coverage.

I am not worried about Kap's future. I think he will be a great QB for the 49ers. I just don't want to keep coming up shirt year after year. We need to win number 6.

It wasn't just that throw, I'm also referring to the 3 turnovers. I have no doubt he'll get better, but all he had to do was NOT turn it over and we would have had a better shot at winning.

Yes that is true. But also, other than Kap, no one was really doing much on offense. I think this caused him to press a little which led to the turnovers. I just think that on that last drive we had a real shot at scoring a TD. Why is he taking such a risk on first down from the 19 when we still have 30 seconds and 2 timeouts to punch it in?

Its a full team loss Yea Kap took the fault but our defense played terrible we had those No Name Wrs making big plays. Carlos Rogers getting burned constantly and Whitner is likely Gone as well we need a real Corner our front 7 did NOT do a good job we got mauled a bad time to have a bad game overall imo
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pfizz:
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Its amazing that people think a window has to close in 3 years. Did they miss the run the patriots, colts, etc. went on? Draft well, some key free agents, sign the right folks have great leadership and coaches and it keeps going.

Amazing it keeps coming up from a fan base who watched 16 straight years of winning 10 games or more.

Niners will be fine.

Go niners!

While I mainly agree with you those teams had elite QBs. Kap is not elite.
Also a good chunk of those 16 straight years of winning 10+ was spent during pre 1995 where we had no salary cap and a free spending owner. Eddie D gave us a big edge. If you pushed that area forward 10 years part two never happens. You could not afford a Steve Young as a back up in the salary cap era, he would have been gone as soon as he showed ability in his few starts in the late 80's.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
With a few tweaks here and there, I don't see any reason why this team won't be in contention next year. And we don't need to replace our QB either. This team has stability and will bounce back accordingly.
Originally posted by Janitor:
Flacco is elite? Eli Manning is elite?

Uhm neither of those teams have had sustained success like the two teams that were listed(colts with peyton and patriots with tom).

lol wut? 7 playoff appearances in a row for the Ravens, with a SB win. 2 SB wins for the Giants.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
There is no window. We're stable, with room for improvement. All we need is a bit more grease on the hinges and this window everyone speaks of stays open.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Flacco is elite? Eli Manning is elite?

Uhm neither of those teams have had sustained success like the two teams that were listed(colts with peyton and patriots with tom).

lol wut? 7 playoff appearances in a row for the Ravens, with a SB win. 2 SB wins for the Giants.

The Eagles of 2000-2010 with Donovan McNabb (not an elite QB) were pretty good as well....
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Was a very good season all things considered, they overcame a lot of adversity, with Crabs being injured, then VD a few games, and Aldon in rehab. They also caught some bad breaks with the Saints loss and the bad penalty. But they overcame and made is the NFC championship and played well in one of the toughest places to play and losing there All-Pro LB Bow. Tough loss, but the team will get better and make another run next season!

Go Niners!
The window is closing is bulls-t!

We'll be in the money sooner than later.

Kap is not yet elite but as all the tools, potential and MOST important he has the work ethic to improve.

Add to that Baalke getting another stellar draft and we'll be just fine.
It was a good season but we need to plant a few kilos of coke in Sherman's home.
9 yards away AGAIN?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Kaep just needs to learn the checkdowns. THE REDZONE TWO MINUTE DRILL needs improvement.

If anything has to do with a ''window closing'' (like you guys said last year )

it's money.

Alot of overall number ones, Kaeps contract,Boldin,
  • dj43
  • Veteran
It is hard to keep a window open. The NFL is set up for mediocrity. Worst teams draft first. Best teams last. Drafting becomes critical.

The key, and this year's playoffs were a great example, is; who has the best QB?

We saw two very different Championship games yesterday. In the first game there were two great QBs who have carried their team all year long. Though Brady, lost, without him the Patriots were nothing. Manning is Manning. These two teams will both stay at or near the top as long as Brady and Manning can haul their creeping bones out onto the field.

The second game showed two QBs whose teams carried them much of the season. In yesterday's game, Russell Wilson was more efficient than Colin Kaepernick although you couldn't say he carried his team. However, Wilson did make several key plays. The future of both of those teams will depend on which quarterback can develop into a consistently good NFL quarterback. For the 49ers, to get that 6th Lombardi, it will rest largely on CK's shoulders to see if he can get to the level where he is at least a near-elite level as a passer. If he can do that, the window will stay open.