There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

replacing laMichael James (redo)

I told you fools! !#$@@

THIS IS WHY I told you last month that I cringe when James returns punts!
All you guys called me a bandwagoner and idiot and the mods deleted my post. I demand a apology!
Flawless for weeks and one muff..."The sky is falling!"
Thanks for your input Kyle Williams
Free thread!!!!
N replace him with who then ?????
Iupati's out so he can't do it...
  • sfout
  • Veteran
no apology. He muffed one punt and it was recovered by our team, end of story.

Kap threw two dumb INTs, one literally cost us a chance at the SB again. Do you want to replace him?

GTFO.
If we had kept Ted Ginn, we would've gotten more production out of our returns and been able to stretch the field. I think that hurt our special teams play. If I'm not mistaken, we didn't have a single kickoff or punt returned for a TD this year.
Originally posted by Psinex:
If we had kept Ted Ginn, we would've gotten more production out of our returns and been able to stretch the field. I think that hurt our special teams play. If I'm not mistaken, we didn't have a single kickoff or punt returned for a TD this year.

We didn't last year either. Ginn was rejuvenated in Carolina. He didn't look so good at the end of 2012. Let's no revise history.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

We didn't last year either. Ginn was rejuvenated in Carolina. He didn't look so good at the end of 2012. Let's no revise history.

for real. Need I remind anybody promoting Ginn that James' longest returns of kicks in 2012 was 30 yards longer(61 yards compared to 31 by Ginn) than Ginn's best with the same ST players. In 2013 James best PR was 40 compared to 41 by Ginn.

Ginn's best kick return of 2013 was 38 yards.....James' was 41. End of discussion.
LMJ's one muffed punt did not cost us the game, u sound stupid.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

for real. Need I remind anybody promoting Ginn that James' longest returns of kicks in 2012 was 30 yards longer(61 yards compared to 31 by Ginn) than Ginn's best with the same ST players. In 2013 James best PR was 40 compared to 41 by Ginn.

Ginn's best kick return of 2013 was 38 yards.....James' was 41. End of discussion.

I'd still take Ginn on the roster over Kyle Williams, A.J. Jenkins and Jon Baldwin, who were on it to start the season.
james>williams.

But in the draft, we need an explosive receiver that can return punts ala tevon austin. We need someone who can stretch the field. Kap can throw the deep ball pretty well IMO
  • sfout
  • Veteran
So we'd have 5 WRs active on game days. Who would Ginn replace? None of our O-line, none of our TEs, none of our DL, none of our LBs, or DBs. You're basically saying that we should just let James ride the pine which is a waste of a roster spot and a 2nd round draft pick. Let it go the coaches and execs knew what they were doing, especially because James' contributions as a RB and returner far outweigh the returns we have gotten from Ginn or would've gotten from him.
james>williams.

But in the draft, we need an explosive receiver that can return punts ala tevon austin. We need someone who can stretch the field. Kap can throw the deep ball pretty well IMO