There are 167 users in the forums

How to handle Seattle's secondary - Proven out by Broncos in first quarter

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Posted this concept earlier this week and a lot of the internet experts here poo-pooed it. Now we see New England do exactly what I said, right in the first quarter.

Wes Welker just targeted and knocked Aqib Talib out of the game with vicious cross shot to the ribs.

Niners should target Seattle secondary for vicious blocks and hits within the context of the called plays -- on screens, sweeps and crossing routes, DRILL their corners with blocks.

We should have our pulling lineman, tight ends and big receivers look to bury Seattle secondary's into the ground.

As a a former lower level player, I know that putting hats on skill players changes the game. How is Talib contributing on the sideline, out of the game?

Put a few big, legal shots on Sherman and crew, and they coverage will loosen up.
I approve. Nothing dirty. Just good, clean, physical football. I'm sure Boldin has no problem with knocking these DBs on their asses. Patton showed last week he likes to mix it up too.
It's not a bad idea. It makes them keep their head on a swivel instead of focusing on grabbing the WR.

Our guys need to watch for the same. They have cost two players their seasons with their cut blocks.
Like it.
OMG! You told us!! You're the man!!!
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

I like it.
You have to match physical with physical instead of standing around like sissies and just taking it one way like we usually do vs. the Seahawks.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
You have to match physical with physical instead of standing around like sissies and just taking it one way like we usually do vs. the Seahawks.

We were very physical last contest
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Well lets do that again and not play like the 1st game where we just allowed ourselves to get pushed all around.

Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Don't doubt him. He's Keena Turner!
Originally posted by Pillbusta:

Agree
I'd do it!
If they are going to be physical, be physical in return, a few hard body shots and they will have their head on a swivel the rest of the game.
This is likely a plan every week. WR love getting payback. And within the rules there is nothing wrong with good clean blocks.
Share 49ersWebzone