There are 92 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL against the quest for 6?

Originally posted by NickSh49:
Ahem.

I used to work for the league. It's not fixed.

Oh and I used to work at a restaurant in the airport....They never do anything that would alarm the health department. LOL that is not sufficient.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
You are delusional. Maybe remove the tin foil when you watch "Dooomsday Preppers".

Substantial evidence goes a long way. Like Sherman told Skip Bayless......"you have no valid points, which make your statements just opinions". Thank you.
[ Edited by Puckdaddy on Jan 22, 2014 at 10:06 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
this is just so f**king stupid and what is worse, some people actually believe this. just a built in excuse which makes some feel better . rather than look in the mirror at little things we did or did not do, you blame the ref , i guess if it makes you feel better knock yourself out. Then do not roll out the shock and awe campaign when other fans of other teams accuse our fan base of whining.

No. If they have evidence to feel so, who are any of us to deny their facts? We are apart of the POTENTIAL script.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
this is just so f**king stupid and what is worse, some people actually believe this. just a built in excuse which makes some feel better . rather than look in the mirror at little things we did or did not do, you blame the ref , i guess if it makes you feel better knock yourself out. Then do not roll out the shock and awe campaign when other fans of other teams accuse our fan base of whining.

No. If they have evidence to feel so, who are any of us to deny their facts? We are apart of the POTENTIAL script.
it is all about how you choose to connect dots. to think the nfl has a conspiracy against us is just laughable no matter the grassy knoll evidence you trot out. now if you can show my the roger g's palm print on the yellow flags thrown at the niners then you may have something, until then how about if we just take responsibility for mistakes made, bad play calls, missed tackles, brain farts and just errors we make that lead to a loss. i also have no idea what your statement about being part of a script means and I really do not want to know either
tom brady is going to win it next year

Goodell likes seeing his stars go out on top
  • kush
  • Veteran
(1.)this is just so f**king stupid and what is worse, some people actually believe this. just a built in excuse which makes some feel better . (2.)rather than look in the mirror at little things we did or did not do, you blame the ref , i guess if it makes you feel better knock yourself out. (3.)Then do not roll out the shock and awe campaign when other fans of other teams accuse our fan base of whining.
1. Yes, people do actually believe this and not every one who believes it is f**king stupid or some junky fan who's in denial and can't stand his or her team losing.

2. Kap had three chances to win this game, even with the s**tty calls from the referees, and blew it. Our team lost this game. Thinking the refs kept Seattle in the game with b******t calls is not the same as thinking SF had no chance because the refs stole the game. This game was certainly winnable.

3. Go around to other forums and you'll see a ton of people (with no affiliation to the 49ers) saying the league gave the game to Seattle. Saints fans, Cardinals fans, Rams fans, Falcons fans, Cowboys fans, Jets fans, have at it. Are they whiners too?

I don't see this as black and white, like you do. In my head, it's not so obvious that, if someone doesn't think the refs are impacting the game, I think they're a retard and will let them know it. I, and I'm sure others who feel the way I do have an open mind and am willing to consider all possibilities.

Can you at least admit this: The NFL makes a LOT more $ when a game is close. We're talking A LOT MORE $. There is, at the very least, motivation for the league to keep games close.
[ Edited by kush on Jan 22, 2014 at 10:23 AM ]
Originally posted by kush:
(1.)this is just so f**king stupid and what is worse, some people actually believe this. just a built in excuse which makes some feel better . (2.)rather than look in the mirror at little things we did or did not do, you blame the ref , i guess if it makes you feel better knock yourself out. (3.)Then do not roll out the shock and awe campaign when other fans of other teams accuse our fan base of whining.
1. Yes, people do actually believe this and not every one who believes it is f**king stupid or some junky fan who's in denial and can't stand his or her team losing.

2. Kap had three chances to win this game, even with the s**tty calls from the referees, and blew it. Our team lost this game. Thinking the refs kept Seattle in the game with b******t calls is not the same as thinking SF had no chance because the refs stole the game. This game was certainly winnable.

3. Go around to other forums and you'll see a ton of people (with no affiliation to the 49ers) saying the league gave the game to Seattle. Saints fans, Cardinals fans, Rams fans, Falcons fans, Cowboys fans, Jets fans, have at it. Are they whiners too?

I don't see this as black and white, like you do. In my head, it's not so obvious that, if someone doesn't think the refs are impacting the game, I think they're a retard and will let them know it. I, and I'm sure others who feel the way I do have an open mind and am willing to consider all possibilities.

Can you at least admit this: The NFL makes a LOT more $ when a game is close. We're talking A LOT MORE $. There is, at the very least, motivation for the league to keep games close.

Too funny...now we're using fan forums as some barometer for the veracity of crackpot conspiracy theories...hey, go check those same forums for their commentary on the 49ers-Panthers game and you'll see a bunch of "NFL wants 49er in the SB".
And I'm curious, so tell me, just how much more is a "LOT MORE $" that the NFL makes?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
refs can impact the game but elite teams find a way to overcome those things. sure the fumble thing was a bad call but we over came that by getting it back. we drove down the field with a chance to tie or win(wonder if they would have went for two had we scored or went for the tie) anyhoo we got a huge fourth down conversion and then ck just made a mistake. thats it, no conspiracy. sure they missed the call on the roughing the punter but that does not mean there is a conspiracy to prevent us from winning a super bowl. it is black and white if you go by the question of the original post. is the nfl against us in our quest for a super bowl. if you saw the men in black or the mothman at the game well maybe i would believe the conspiracy people but until then, play the game, make plays and take responsibility for your own play, big players make big plays,, you hate him but sherman made a big play on a mistake by ck. case closed, move forward

You're 100%, it is stupid and some people do actually believe it. But as for the whining being exclusive to 49er fans, it's not the case...just about every fan base, or at least on their online fan forums, will have their threads about "the refs/NFL/Goodell is against us". I think we might get tagged with it to a higher degree for no other reason than whiner rhymes with niner.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Too funny...now we're using fan forums as some barometer for the veracity of crackpot conspiracy theories...hey, go check those same forums for their commentary on the 49ers-Panthers game and you'll see a bunch of "NFL wants 49er in the SB".
And I'm curious, so tell me, just how much more is a "LOT MORE $" that the NFL makes?
and some of us (me) are actually engaging in a conversation about it, its l like i am being draw into their psychosis
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
You're 100%, it is stupid and some people do actually believe it. But as for the whining being exclusive to 49er fans, it's not the case...just about every fan base, or at least on their online fan forums, will have their threads about "the refs/NFL/Goodell is against us". I think we might get tagged with it to a higher degree for no other reason than whiner rhymes with niner.
you are probably right ,, i just do not visit any other forums ! i have tunnel vision when it comes to that and only stay on a niner forum i am sorry for calling our fan base whiners and you are right,, all fans of all teams are probably like that. in iowa i do know a combo of a vikings fan and a iowa hawkeye fan make for the biggest whiner, refs are against us type of person you can imagine
  • kush
  • Veteran
I don't think it's too much to ask to separate your thoughts from your emotions. I know assuming I'm some degenerate f**k must make you feel better but it does not make it true nor does it make your points any more valid.

Now then,

No, I'm not using it as a barometer for anything. I was responding to what CC said, "just a built in excuse which makes some feel better" My point is that a fan of a team other than SF or SEA had no reason to make an excuse to make them feel better.

As for your 49ers=Panther game comment, I didn't see anyone making mention to that game being fixed, but that game was already close. I'm sure you'd find carolinahuddle inundated with folks thinking their team was screwed, but it's non-biased fans' opinions I care about.

As for how much money is at stakes during these games, an advertiser who runs a commercial during a game pays per viewer. I can't tell you how many viewers you'd lose if it were a blowout, but you can imagine.
[ Edited by kush on Jan 22, 2014 at 11:01 AM ]
  • kush
  • Veteran
refs can impact the game but elite teams find a way to overcome those things. sure the fumble thing was a bad call but we over came that by getting it back. we drove down the field with a chance to tie or win(wonder if they would have went for two had we scored or went for the tie) anyhoo we got a huge fourth down conversion and then ck just made a mistake. thats it, no conspiracy. sure they missed the call on the roughing the punter but that does not mean there is a conspiracy to prevent us from winning a super bowl. it is black and white if you go by the question of the original post. is the nfl against us in our quest for a super bowl. if you saw the men in black or the mothman at the game well maybe i would believe the conspiracy people but until then, play the game, make plays and take responsibility for your own play, big players make big plays,, you hate him but sherman made a big play on a mistake by ck. case closed, move forward

I already conceded that we had a clear opportunity to win this game. We blew it. Nowhere in my post did I say that the NFL made us lose. I don't think there's a conspiracy against us. I think that the NFL wants close games. I laid out why I feel that way.

Good day to you two.
  • kem99
  • Veteran
If you watched any NFL games this year other than 49er games, it is pretty clear that the refs aren't trying to help 1 team win over another...they're just that bad. As the league has continued to make the rules more and more complicated, the refs get worse and worse each year. Did the refs not call roughing the punter against Seattle because they wanted the 49ers to lose or because they just blew the call? Every week there were missed and inconsistent calls in seemingly every game. Was the personal foul against Whitner a sign of the league being out to get Whitner or another example of any hard hit against a receiver is going to draw a flag and it just so happens that Whitner seemed to have one of those almost every game, much as Goldson did last year. The truth is that in close games, a bad call can go a long ways to deciding it but as things stand now, it is nearly random on a week to week basis as to whether your team will be the beneficiary of the bad call or hurt by the bad call.

The cry shouldn't be that there's a conspiracy at work. The cry should be that the league needs to do something about the officiating and consider making every play reviewable with a league official monitoring each game either from a booth in the stadium or in New York with the capability of buzzing the referee to stop the game and review a particular call.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
so when do these decisions to f**k the niners in the ass in each one of the losses we had this year get made? do they happen before the game with the refs together in a dark room with the shades drawn? are they on skype with roger g before the game. since the entire nfl is behind this then i would assume x niners who now work for the nfl like gene washington and merton hanks are in on it to. who is in the this inner circle that has decided the niners simply can not win a sixth super bowl? when are the meetings, what is said? do you think its interesting? does it happen before the season or is it weekly? sheesh