There are 230 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL against the quest for 6?

Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:Billions of dollars at stake...okay, and I might regret this, but tell me how billions were at stake if the 49ers would've made it instead of Seattle? I f we follow that line of reasoning, then wouldn't "they" have wanted an East Coast team in the SB, like say the Patriots? And who better to match them up against than the team that a Bay Area-raised Tom Brady was a fan of, with a chance for him to tie his idol with 4 SB rings? You're seeing things that aren't there. These were not bad calls borne out of some nefarious plot concocted by the NFL-Media complex, but rather judgement, incompetence, or just flat-out not seeing it.
You're veering pretty far out into left field when you start commingling MKUltra with the wants of the NFL.

Please do not throw a smokescreen and be disingenuous. The MK Ultra statement only shows that what we believe or want to believe does not matter. Only the actual truth so just saying "conspiracy theory" does not dismiss or discredit anything. All it does is make you seem narrow minded. No offense

Assuming that the measuring stick for determining a nefarious plot is any particular speculative reason is narrow minded. Why? I could use your same logic and say...."Yeah, we fell victim to another soap opera finish with the NFL manufacturing the best offense versus the best defense. The offense has a soon to retire Peyton Manning, squaring off against the villainous Sherman and the "vaunted" Seahawks defense". Not to add that the Seahawks has the most obnoxious fans and the NFL will accumulate more cash for this Super Bowl considering the way Broncos and Seahawks fans travel".

Im pretty sure my story sounds more lucrative and fitting when it comes to a manufactured conclusion. The worst thing you can do when critically thinking is have a preset assumption and deny the implication if it doesn't match a preset standard. As I said before, because we do not know the outcome we cannot give a foresighted conclusion, but because we have seen their actions IN PATTERNS we can pin point their intent.

I have a friend that is a fan of the Packers and he does not keep up with our team. So before we played the Packers a few weeks ago he made the statement that the 49ers are the NFL's version of a SAT assessment test. I wanted to see if we made it before I accepted the ugly truth. When I think back over my 25 years of watching the game, It dawned on me that what we have seen with our team is not new. Think about the early 2000's Eagles, the late 80's Broncos and 80's Dolphins, early 90's Bills (OMG!! how similar are we to them), mid 90's Steelers, early 2000's Titans. Fellas these things are happening IN PATTERNS. Coincidences do not manifest itself in patterns. think people.

Ahem.

I used to work for the league. It's not fixed.
Originally posted by obx49:
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by dave_n_ruth:
You do realize Seattle going to the SB is costing the NFL massive revenue. The ratings will be much lower than a Denver-S.F. game. Remember SB XL (a.k.a. the SB no one cared about)? Imagine if the Seahawks win, it would be an absolute train wreck. Seahawks gear has been hard to find all season because of the fair weather fans, and no way any company would invest money into manufacturing and distribution at this point. A Seattle win would be horrible for the NFL.

The hardest part for the NFL is trying to spend two weeks explaining away Richard Sherman. They are going to BS about his upbringing etc. He is going to cry in an interview and the whole 9 yards. It's going to be a real puke fest to see them make excuses for that pathetic piece of garbage.

his mom shouldve swallowed him

And spit him out.

Instead, she swallowed him, and shat him out, and now he's going to cry about it in an interview, and then they'll show him at a charity event with kids.

This is going to be a disgusting two weeks. The only remedy being a sound Seattle loss.
I think Shermans antics will draw viewers that wouldn't normally even watch the superbowl. "Theres a crazy black guy playing, lets tune in and see what he's gonna do!" Same type of people that made Kim Kardashian famous.
Goodell's theme:

Cheat to win first, then I'll just go punish your organization.
Originally posted by theduke85:
For the love of god, will people please stop talking about the NFL being for/against certain teams? Jesus christ.

I think u violated one of the 10 commandments!
I don't know about all that, Seattle stayed together and played tough . Their QB stayed within the system and didn't throw the game away. There were some judgment calls that went against us, are we saying the fix was in? Maybe, don't really know, but what is the motive?
Originally posted by T-9ers:
I don't know about all that, Seattle stayed together and played tough . Their QB stayed within the system and didn't throw the game away. There were some judgment calls that went against us, are we saying the fix was in? Maybe, don't really know, but what is the motive?

Maybe we should ask David Stern that same question since he was the mastermind of determining the outcomes during his years as the NBA commissioner.
Originally posted by KAPforPresident:
Originally posted by theduke85:
For the love of god, will people please stop talking about the NFL being for/against certain teams? Jesus christ.

I think u violated one of the 10 commandments!

I bet the duke takes the same stance when it comes to the NBA as well.
That's a negative.
The NFL isn't against our quest for six our own players and coaches are against our quest for six. 2011 alex smith couldn't convert a single 3rd down in the 2nd half and kyle williams gives the game away. 2012 we make the superbowl and don't even show up until the lights go out then terrible play calling costs us the game. 2013 were handed a gift on the first play of the game and we don't capitalize then fall apart in the 3rd and 4th quarter and still have a chance to win but roman calls a fade to crabtree with plenty of time left and 2 time outs and wide open receivers on the route that kaep never even looked at. It sounds like we beat ourselves out of getting number six.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:Billions of dollars at stake...okay, and I might regret this, but tell me how billions were at stake if the 49ers would've made it instead of Seattle? I f we follow that line of reasoning, then wouldn't "they" have wanted an East Coast team in the SB, like say the Patriots? And who better to match them up against than the team that a Bay Area-raised Tom Brady was a fan of, with a chance for him to tie his idol with 4 SB rings? You're seeing things that aren't there. These were not bad calls borne out of some nefarious plot concocted by the NFL-Media complex, but rather judgement, incompetence, or just flat-out not seeing it.
You're veering pretty far out into left field when you start commingling MKUltra with the wants of the NFL.

Please do not throw a smokescreen and be disingenuous. The MK Ultra statement only shows that what we believe or want to believe does not matter. Only the actual truth so just saying "conspiracy theory" does not dismiss or discredit anything. All it does is make you seem narrow minded. No offense

Assuming that the measuring stick for determining a nefarious plot is any particular speculative reason is narrow minded. Why? I could use your same logic and say...."Yeah, we fell victim to another soap opera finish with the NFL manufacturing the best offense versus the best defense. The offense has a soon to retire Peyton Manning, squaring off against the villainous Sherman and the "vaunted" Seahawks defense". Not to add that the Seahawks has the most obnoxious fans and the NFL will accumulate more cash for this Super Bowl considering the way Broncos and Seahawks fans travel".

Im pretty sure my story sounds more lucrative and fitting when it comes to a manufactured conclusion. The worst thing you can do when critically thinking is have a preset assumption and deny the implication if it doesn't match a preset standard. As I said before, because we do not know the outcome we cannot give a foresighted conclusion, but because we have seen their actions IN PATTERNS we can pin point their intent.

I have a friend that is a fan of the Packers and he does not keep up with our team. So before we played the Packers a few weeks ago he made the statement that the 49ers are the NFL's version of a SAT assessment test. I wanted to see if we made it before I accepted the ugly truth. When I think back over my 25 years of watching the game, It dawned on me that what we have seen with our team is not new. Think about the early 2000's Eagles, the late 80's Broncos and 80's Dolphins, early 90's Bills (OMG!! how similar are we to them), mid 90's Steelers, early 2000's Titans. Fellas these things are happening IN PATTERNS. Coincidences do not manifest itself in patterns. think people.

You are delusional. Maybe remove the tin foil when you watch "Dooomsday Preppers".
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Jan 22, 2014 at 9:03 AM ]
Originally posted by dave_n_ruth:
You do realize Seattle going to the SB is costing the NFL massive revenue. The ratings will be much lower than a Denver-S.F. game. Remember SB XL (a.k.a. the SB no one cared about)? Imagine if the Seahawks win, it would be an absolute train wreck. Seahawks gear has been hard to find all season because of the fair weather fans, and no way any company would invest money into manufacturing and distribution at this point. A Seattle win would be horrible for the NFL.

You sir are wrong on so many levels.

Awesome retort, so chock-full of facts and analysis to support your "argument".
  • kush
  • Veteran
I don't think the fix was necessarily about letting Seattle win so much as not letting them get blown out. The last 7 NFCCG have all been decided by one score. What a wonderful coincidence for the league. I'm positive that the NFL loses out on a ton of advertising dollars during blowouts because casual fans will turn it to something else if the game is out of hand.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
this is just so f**king stupid and what is worse, some people actually believe this. just a built in excuse which makes some feel better . rather than look in the mirror at little things we did or did not do, you blame the ref , i guess if it makes you feel better knock yourself out. Then do not roll out the shock and awe campaign when other fans of other teams accuse our fan base of whining.