There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL against the quest for 6?

Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Oh brother. It's a combination of a rule book that rivals the tax code, large humans moving at incredible speeds, a wanton desire to make the game "safer", and officials who just at times make a bad call, and yes, there are some officials who do it more often than others to the point of incompetency (looking at you, Triplette). Have the 49ers actually benefitted from bad calls? Yes. Have the 49ers been on the receiving end of multiple bad calls in some very big games? Also yes. But there is no fix to ensure "certain" teams make it to the SB, no conspiracy against the 49ers.


How can you make this assumption without ignoring the facts that are already given? How can you deny the notion based on those variables if none of the given variable give substantive evidence to deny the possibility of favor? Its just the typical smokescreen reasoning whose only purpose is serve as a means to under mind or deny any alternate agenda. Just as before the Church Committee investigation, the MKUltra program that came from German scientist were just conspiracy theories from "nut jobs". Operation paper clip, Unit 731 scientists being granted immunity for their information, hell Tim Donaghy (the NBA ref) before he was ultimately caught. Coincidence normally does not manifest itself very often in controlled situations such as a professional football game, where billions of dollars are at stake. These types of manipulation are never purged, it only reinvents itself. I normally do not subscribe to old sayings, but I seriously believe that "where there's smoke, there's fire".

To just try and place it inside of some simple black and white area is intellectually lazy. (No offense to you as you seem to be very astute).
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Oh brother. It's a combination of a rule book that rivals the tax code, large humans moving at incredible speeds, a wanton desire to make the game "safer", and officials who just at times make a bad call, and yes, there are some officials who do it more often than others to the point of incompetency (looking at you, Triplette). Have the 49ers actually benefitted from bad calls? Yes. Have the 49ers been on the receiving end of multiple bad calls in some very big games? Also yes. But there is no fix to ensure "certain" teams make it to the SB, no conspiracy against the 49ers.

How can you make this assumption without ignoring the facts that are already given? How can you deny the notion based on those variables if none of the given variable give substantive evidence to deny the possibility of favor? Its just the typical smokescreen reasoning whose only purpose is serve as a means to under mind or deny any alternate agenda. Just as before the Church Committee investigation, the MKUltra program that came from German scientist were just conspiracy theories from "nut jobs". Operation paper clip, Unit 731 scientists being granted immunity for their information, hell Tim Donaghy (the NBA ref) before he was ultimately caught. Coincidence normally does not manifest itself very often in controlled situations such as a professional football game, where billions of dollars are at stake. These types of manipulation are never purged, it only reinvents itself. I normally do not subscribe to old sayings, but I seriously believe that "where there's smoke, there's fire".

To just try and place it inside of some simple black and white area is intellectually lazy. (No offense to you as you seem to be very astute).
You do realize Seattle going to the SB is costing the NFL massive revenue. The ratings will be much lower than a Denver-S.F. game. Remember SB XL (a.k.a. the SB no one cared about)? Imagine if the Seahawks win, it would be an absolute train wreck. Seahawks gear has been hard to find all season because of the fair weather fans, and no way any company would invest money into manufacturing and distribution at this point. A Seattle win would be horrible for the NFL.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Oh brother. It's a combination of a rule book that rivals the tax code, large humans moving at incredible speeds, a wanton desire to make the game "safer", and officials who just at times make a bad call, and yes, there are some officials who do it more often than others to the point of incompetency (looking at you, Triplette). Have the 49ers actually benefitted from bad calls? Yes. Have the 49ers been on the receiving end of multiple bad calls in some very big games? Also yes. But there is no fix to ensure "certain" teams make it to the SB, no conspiracy against the 49ers.


How can you make this assumption without ignoring the facts that are already given? How can you deny the notion based on those variables if none of the given variable give substantive evidence to deny the possibility of favor? Its just the typical smokescreen reasoning whose only purpose is serve as a means to under mind or deny any alternate agenda. Just as before the Church Committee investigation, the MKUltra program that came from German scientist were just conspiracy theories from "nut jobs". Operation paper clip, Unit 731 scientists being granted immunity for their information, hell Tim Donaghy (the NBA ref) before he was ultimately caught. Coincidence normally does not manifest itself very often in controlled situations such as a professional football game, where billions of dollars are at stake. These types of manipulation are never purged, it only reinvents itself. I normally do not subscribe to old sayings, but I seriously believe that "where there's smoke, there's fire".

To just try and place it inside of some simple black and white area is intellectually lazy. (No offense to you as you seem to be very astute).

You're veering pretty far out into left field when you start commingling MKUltra with the wants of the NFL.

Billions of dollars at stake...okay, and I might regret this, but tell me how billions were at stake if the 49ers would've made it instead of Seattle? If we follow that line of reasoning, then wouldn't "they" have wanted an East Coast team in the SB, like say the Patriots? And who better to match them up against than the team that a Bay Area-raised Tom Brady was a fan of, with a chance for him to tie his idol with 4 SB rings? You're seeing things that aren't there. These were not bad calls borne out of some nefarious plot concocted by the NFL-Media complex, but rather judgement, incompetence, or just flat-out not seeing it.
No, the NFL is not against the 49ers winning another SB.
IF anything, they want us to win it. We are a big market and have the guy who has the number one selling jersey in the league. Chicks dig Kaepernick.

Chicks vomit when they see Sherman.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Jan 21, 2014 at 7:44 PM ]
i farted
threads like this are so estoopet
Originally posted by DelCed2486:Billions of dollars at stake...okay, and I might regret this, but tell me how billions were at stake if the 49ers would've made it instead of Seattle? I f we follow that line of reasoning, then wouldn't "they" have wanted an East Coast team in the SB, like say the Patriots? And who better to match them up against than the team that a Bay Area-raised Tom Brady was a fan of, with a chance for him to tie his idol with 4 SB rings? You're seeing things that aren't there. These were not bad calls borne out of some nefarious plot concocted by the NFL-Media complex, but rather judgement, incompetence, or just flat-out not seeing it.
You're veering pretty far out into left field when you start commingling MKUltra with the wants of the NFL.


Please do not throw a smokescreen and be disingenuous. The MK Ultra statement only shows that what we believe or want to believe does not matter. Only the actual truth so just saying "conspiracy theory" does not dismiss or discredit anything. All it does is make you seem narrow minded. No offense

Assuming that the measuring stick for determining a nefarious plot is any particular speculative reason is narrow minded. Why? I could use your same logic and say...."Yeah, we fell victim to another soap opera finish with the NFL manufacturing the best offense versus the best defense. The offense has a soon to retire Peyton Manning, squaring off against the villainous Sherman and the "vaunted" Seahawks defense". Not to add that the Seahawks has the most obnoxious fans and the NFL will accumulate more cash for this Super Bowl considering the way Broncos and Seahawks fans travel".

Im pretty sure my story sounds more lucrative and fitting when it comes to a manufactured conclusion. The worst thing you can do when critically thinking is have a preset assumption and deny the implication if it doesn't match a preset standard. As I said before, because we do not know the outcome we cannot give a foresighted conclusion, but because we have seen their actions IN PATTERNS we can pin point their intent.

I have a friend that is a fan of the Packers and he does not keep up with our team. So before we played the Packers a few weeks ago he made the statement that the 49ers are the NFL's version of a SAT assessment test. I wanted to see if we made it before I accepted the ugly truth. When I think back over my 25 years of watching the game, It dawned on me that what we have seen with our team is not new. Think about the early 2000's Eagles, the late 80's Broncos and 80's Dolphins, early 90's Bills (OMG!! how similar are we to them), mid 90's Steelers, early 2000's Titans. Fellas these things are happening IN PATTERNS. Coincidences do not manifest itself in patterns. think people.
[ Edited by Puckdaddy on Jan 21, 2014 at 11:07 PM ]
Originally posted by dave_n_ruth:
You do realize Seattle going to the SB is costing the NFL massive revenue. The ratings will be much lower than a Denver-S.F. game. Remember SB XL (a.k.a. the SB no one cared about)? Imagine if the Seahawks win, it would be an absolute train wreck. Seahawks gear has been hard to find all season because of the fair weather fans, and no way any company would invest money into manufacturing and distribution at this point. A Seattle win would be horrible for the NFL.


You sir are wrong on so many levels.
i dont think so.

but i do think Paul Allen (microsoft part owner and billionaire) maybe had some influence on the NFL in getting some calls to go in favor of the seahawks playing in seattle.

just a conspiracy theory to throw out there..
Originally posted by dave_n_ruth:
You do realize Seattle going to the SB is costing the NFL massive revenue. The ratings will be much lower than a Denver-S.F. game. Remember SB XL (a.k.a. the SB no one cared about)? Imagine if the Seahawks win, it would be an absolute train wreck. Seahawks gear has been hard to find all season because of the fair weather fans, and no way any company would invest money into manufacturing and distribution at this point. A Seattle win would be horrible for the NFL.


The hardest part for the NFL is trying to spend two weeks explaining away Richard Sherman. They are going to BS about his upbringing etc. He is going to cry in an interview and the whole 9 yards. It's going to be a real puke fest to see them make excuses for that pathetic piece of garbage.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
i dont think so.

but i do think Paul Allen (microsoft part owner and billionaire) maybe had some influence on the NFL in getting some calls to go in favor of the seahawks playing in seattle.

just a conspiracy theory to throw out there..

If money in a local area determined the SB, dont you think the 49ers would win the Super Bowl every year? Silicon Valley is home to almost every multi-billion dollar tech company out there.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by dave_n_ruth:
You do realize Seattle going to the SB is costing the NFL massive revenue. The ratings will be much lower than a Denver-S.F. game. Remember SB XL (a.k.a. the SB no one cared about)? Imagine if the Seahawks win, it would be an absolute train wreck. Seahawks gear has been hard to find all season because of the fair weather fans, and no way any company would invest money into manufacturing and distribution at this point. A Seattle win would be horrible for the NFL.


The hardest part for the NFL is trying to spend two weeks explaining away Richard Sherman. They are going to BS about his upbringing etc. He is going to cry in an interview and the whole 9 yards. It's going to be a real puke fest to see them make excuses for that pathetic piece of garbage.

his mom shouldve swallowed him
  • obx49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,415
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by dave_n_ruth:
You do realize Seattle going to the SB is costing the NFL massive revenue. The ratings will be much lower than a Denver-S.F. game. Remember SB XL (a.k.a. the SB no one cared about)? Imagine if the Seahawks win, it would be an absolute train wreck. Seahawks gear has been hard to find all season because of the fair weather fans, and no way any company would invest money into manufacturing and distribution at this point. A Seattle win would be horrible for the NFL.


The hardest part for the NFL is trying to spend two weeks explaining away Richard Sherman. They are going to BS about his upbringing etc. He is going to cry in an interview and the whole 9 yards. It's going to be a real puke fest to see them make excuses for that pathetic piece of garbage.

his mom shouldve swallowed him

And spit him out.