There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL against the quest for 6?

Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
Originally posted by drakan:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
And the roughing the kicker allowed a drive that would never have happened... There were about 4 really bad calls, imo. Game was still winnable if Kaep didn't make his mistakes..or if the OL opened things up for gore...or any number of other items.

No way was that even close to roughing the kicker. Dude fell onto the ground and slid to Lee's ankle. Running into the kicker was the right call.

That pereira dude even said that roughing the kicker, when you roll into and hit the kickers plant leg that's 15 yds, if you run into his kicking leg that's most likely the 5 yd unless you blatantly try to kill the guy

This. It's a simple rule that should have been enforced correctly.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by jeepzilla:
For the love of god, will people please stop talking about the NFL being for/against certain teams? Jesus christ.

Cause with BILLIONS of dollars bet on the NFL that would be an unreasonable thought?
It's sour grapes and it's pathetic.

This is all it boils down to: if you really think the NFL is rigged, then the 49ers are winning because the league wants them to.

See how that works? it's common sense. People are so ridiculous with these conspiracies that it's downright pathetic. If the 49ers win, they did it completely legitimately. If the 49ers lose, it's because there's possibly some conspiracy.

I don't know if you guys are dense or didn't watch the game last week, but many calls went in the 49ers' favor last week.

Thank you. Pretty pathetic to see how biased our fan base is. Because of the evolving of the rules to favor the offense a lot of calls are now very subjective and hard to make. Calls against defenders and blockers were cut and dried back before the rule changes starting in the late 70's. If a blocker's hands were not close to his jersey a flag was getting thrown. If a receiver was not tackled before the ball was in the air, no flag! You could hit people in the head, clothesline tackle, and hit anyone anywhere except a kicker before the whistle blew. Far few questionable calls in those days but your average fan doesn't like 13-10 games. What you biased, blind homers are not seeing is that the missed calls balance out, the officiating crews are graded by the league. The poor ones are weeded out. The refs don't call games based on slow motion TV replays while sitting on their couch. On field level at full speed with 22 guys running all around it is a tough game to officiate.
Kapernick (3) turnovers in the 4th quarter. You can't blame the refs for that....sorry but it was his poor performance that cost us, not the refs.
i think the refs hate harbaugh, thus taking it out on our team
Refs are graded on performance, and as a reward for getting calls right are given the more high profile games the next season (supposedly). Such as prime time and playoff games.

The problem is the grading system is cr*p because it's not enforced. It's just grades on refs so the league can say they take their refs seriously and have a system in place to ensure "quality".

Last years Super Bowl ref team was changed, surprisingly to a team that had given the Raven's above average calls in their favor. And we all know how well that turned out.
Originally posted by rominjoe:
After watching last years Super Bowl, and the previous 2 Niner games, Im having an internal struggle with the idea that the nfl might be rigged. i keep wondering if one day an official will play whistleblower to the whole thing. Call me crazy but these things do happen and ever since the NFL moved toward a parity driven league, more and more games are decided by refs calls bc more games are so close where subjective calls can change a teams season.

this weekend i watched 30 minute replay of seahawks steelers SB, and I was amazed at how that game was called in favor of that SB's media darling steelers (I had to work the night actual game was played). I don't care how much you call me a conspiracy theorist, but if before the game is even played, nfl officials are only highlighting niner chippiness and erroneous calls in our favor (rarely happens) while seattle's cocky and brazen and often illegal behavior gets no attention, then I cannot help but believe that the league is discouraging objective behavior from the refs.

I agree, throw any names they want, but when the facts are presented critical thinking suggest unfairness.
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:

Don't blame them if they do hate him.. I'd hate him if I weren't a niner fan. He needs to learn to chill the f**k out.
Originally posted by BobS:
For the love of god, will people please stop talking about the NFL being for/against certain teams? Jesus christ.

Cause with BILLIONS of dollars bet on the NFL that would be an unreasonable thought?

This is all it boils down to: if you really think the NFL is rigged, then the 49ers are winning because the league wants them to.

See how that works? it's common sense. People are so ridiculous with these conspiracies that it's downright pathetic. If the 49ers win, they did it completely legitimately. If the 49ers lose, it's because there's possibly some conspiracy.

I don't know if you guys are dense or didn't watch the game last week, but many calls went in the 49ers' favor last week.

Thank you. Pretty pathetic to see how biased our fan base is. Because of the evolving of the rules to favor the offense a lot of calls are now very subjective and hard to make. Calls against defenders and blockers were cut and dried back before the rule changes starting in the late 70's. If a blocker's hands were not close to his jersey a flag was getting thrown. If a receiver was not tackled before the ball was in the air, no flag! You could hit people in the head, clothesline tackle, and hit anyone anywhere except a kicker before the whistle blew. Far few questionable calls in those days but your average fan doesn't like 13-10 games. What you biased, blind homers are not seeing is that the missed calls balance out, the officiating crews are graded by the league. The poor ones are weeded out. The refs don't call games based on slow motion TV replays while sitting on their couch. On field level at full speed with 22 guys running all around it is a tough game to officiate.

Dude there is no particular blueprints to when and how to actually fix an outcome. This is not math to where you can break the situation down objectively and conclude that if certain variables are here or there then the refs must want the 9ers to win if they want them to. You know that its feasible to manufacture an outcome right? Without blatantly sabotaging ALL games right? For instance, calling the PF on Ahmad in the Saints game did what???? Changed the entire playoff seeding. So there was no reason to sabotage anything else, as long as the desired outcome didn't get disrupted by any of those teams. Look at Seattle's entire secondary. They don't actually have to be athletes or work hard to create a "legion of boom", you simply allow them to go unpunished with excessive holding under the guise of "physical defense".

Now let's not forget that that same "physical play" translated into a PI in the SB last year that extended a scoring drive that arguably won the game. Which brings me the NFL's commitment to push the reason and importance of "judgement calls". They even go as far as to give an explanation for it. One in particular is the your take on the matter BobS. Now here's were I separate reason from bs. If we are going to reason with an inability to make calls in that situation, then either you are not fit for the job or don't call anything at all. Let's not leave out the fact that non of these judgement calls are contestable. Meaning that any bias that a ref may have for a player, team, or playing style ultimately dictates the game when it's all said and done. You must first accept and understand that telling yourself that the evidence must be blatant or it doesn't exist is voluntary ignorance.
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Dude there is no particular blueprints to when and how to actually fix an outcome. This is not math to where you can break the situation down objectively and conclude that if certain variables are here or there then the refs must want the 9ers to win if they want them to. You know that its feasible to manufacture an outcome right? Without blatantly sabotaging ALL games right? For instance, calling the PF on Ahmad in the Saints game did what???? Changed the entire playoff seeding. So there was no reason to sabotage anything else, as long as the desired outcome didn't get disrupted by any of those teams. Look at Seattle's entire secondary. They don't actually have to be athletes or work hard to create a "legion of boom", you simply allow them to go unpunished with excessive holding under the guise of "physical defense".
Yeah, I agree 100%.

Just like all of the borderline calls that went San Francisco's way in the Carolina game. A Carolina DB headbutts out player, we pick up a first down and get a free field goal out of it. Boldin headbutts a Carolina player and nothing is called. Because no call was made, we end up scoring a touchdown on that drive. It doesn't have to be blatant or obvious -- all that matters is that the refs subtly gave San Francisco a little help to ensure the league got the SF-SEA championship game everyone wanted.

I totally agree there is no blueprint. It's the little things like we saw in the Carolina game that helped us win.
Yeah, I agree 100%.

Just like all of the borderline calls that went San Francisco's way in the Carolina game. A Carolina DB headbutts out player, we pick up a first down and get a free field goal out of it. Boldin headbutts a Carolina player and nothing is called. Because no call was made, we end up scoring a touchdown on that drive. It doesn't have to be blatant or obvious -- all that matters is that the refs subtly gave San Francisco a little help to ensure the league got the SF-SEA championship game everyone wanted.

I totally agree there is no blueprint. It's the little things like we saw in the Carolina game that helped us win.
Yeah, I agree 100%.

They repeated it over and over "The NFL got exactly what they wanted, the road to the super bowl to come down this........A 49ers and Seahawks championship".
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by iluvdemniners:

Don't blame them if they do hate him.. I'd hate him if I weren't a niner fan. He needs to learn to chill the f**k out.

he does, but i dont see it happening. he has the scare with the heart last season and it didnt change anything. even kubiak and fox went down with heart or stroke issues, still didnt stop him. he could ne next if he doesnt lighten up a bit.
Nobody likes Harabugh besides Niner fans.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Nobody likes Harabugh besides Niner fans.

I cannot agree with this. I liked Harbaugh since his Colts days. And besides, every time I see Harbaugh go through labor (have a baby) on the field he usually has a reason to be on fire.
[ Edited by Puckdaddy on Jan 21, 2014 at 10:51 AM ]

Now let's not forget that that same "physical play" translated into a PI in the SB last year that extended a scoring drive that arguably won the game. Which brings me the NFL's commitment to push the reason and importance of "judgement calls". They even go as far as to give an explanation for it. One in particular is the your take on the matter BobS. Now here's were I separate reason from bs. If we are going to reason with an inability to make calls in that situation, then either you are not fit for the job or don't call anything at all. Let's not leave out the fact that non of these judgement calls are contestable. Meaning that any bias that a ref may have for a player, team, or playing style ultimately dictates the game when it's all said and done. You must first accept and understand that telling yourself that the evidence must be blatant or it doesn't exist is voluntary ignorance.

Oh brother. It's a combination of a rule book that rivals the tax code, large humans moving at incredible speeds, a wanton desire to make the game "safer", and officials who just at times make a bad call, and yes, there are some officials who do it more often than others to the point of incompetency (looking at you, Triplette). Have the 49ers actually benefitted from bad calls? Yes. Have the 49ers been on the receiving end of multiple bad calls in some very big games? Also yes. But there is no fix to ensure "certain" teams make it to the SB, no conspiracy against the 49ers.