LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 146 users in the forums

NFL against the quest for 6?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I feel like the NFL wants Seattle in the Super Bowl, just by the way they get every call.
Originally posted by sacninesixteen:
I feel like the NFL wants Seattle in the Super Bowl, just by the way they get every call.

blow them out then and dont let the refs two or three controversial calls f**k us over like in the superbowl. i hope we get atleast a two TD lead in this game at some point just so the refs can be out of it a little bit
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Niners have to get convincing first downs / TDs... anything that is inconclusive (for us or against us) will benefit Cheadderall. The FIX is in, the San Francisco 49ers are all on their own in this game--us against all crooks!!
NFL won.
Seattle had all of the luck this year. Wilson is in the mold of a golden boy with all of the right words like Brees, and we know the league loves him.
Seems like it, I hate to whine, but damn, what a poorly officiated game! When noted Niner haters, like Joe Buck, and Troy Aikmen are saying the niners got hosed on a call, you know it's bad call!
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I lost track of the bad calls in this game.
Always been a lurker on this site, but not anywhere near home and have nobody to vent to out here in the middle east, but here is my insight on why we lost. Despite any bad officiating (wasn't terrible, we've all seen much worse) the 9ers lost the game themselves due to costly mistakes. To name a few . . . . .

1. Complacency amongst Reid and Whitner on the deep pass to Baldwin early in the game
2. Allowing Zach Miller to gain 15 yards and back into FG range after RW's intentional grounding put them out of FG range, which led to the Kearse TD, which by the way was horrible coverage by Carlos Rogers.
3. Kaep's 3 turnovers
4. Horrible offensive game plan all around. Too many things I could complain about but maybe its above my football comprehension.

That, my fellow faithful, is why we lost today. At the end of the day, we're just fans. But on February 2nd, I will be routing for Peyton to win in Eli's house, exactly how Eli won in Peyton's 2 years ago . . . . . just as Roger planned it all along.
[ Edited by bleedREDpissGOLD on Jan 19, 2014 at 7:26 PM ]
Bad officiating didn't lose us this game... Kaps 3 turnovers did.
Originally posted by TexasGuero49:
Bad officiating didn't lose us this game... Kaps 3 turnovers did.

When I used to coach, I always told my players "good teams over come bad calls" It seemed like some players collapsed under the weight of those calls. Did the calls effect the game, yes, but it was still in reach, and we failed to grab it.

stop blaming the refs. We lost to the better team. They blew a few calls but we needed to take care of business and we didn't.

edit: there was a clear hold when baldwin brought back that kick.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Jan 19, 2014 at 7:33 PM ]
Originally posted by pdizo916:
stop blaming the refs. We lost to the better team. They blew a few calls but we needed to take care of business and we didn't.

edit: there was a clear hold when baldwin brought back that kick.

And the roughing the kicker allowed a drive that would never have happened... There were about 4 really bad calls, imo. Game was still winnable if Kaep didn't make his mistakes..or if the OL opened things up for gore...or any number of other items.
This was a great season just because of what we had to overcome, so many bad calls, injuries, Aldon's DUI etc. Hopefully Roman will get the Brown's job and we can get a new OC in here who can bring in a new prespective. I have no qualms against G.Ro but I don't think he is the best OC for Kap and this team. We have plenty of picks and lots of young talent so next year should be another super bowl contending run for us. I know I get hate for this but we need to reduce Gore's workload, we run him into the ground and then expect for him to go strong into the post season.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
And the roughing the kicker allowed a drive that would never have happened... There were about 4 really bad calls, imo. Game was still winnable if Kaep didn't make his mistakes..or if the OL opened things up for gore...or any number of other items.

No way was that even close to roughing the kicker. Dude fell onto the ground and slid to Lee's ankle. Running into the kicker was the right call.
Originally posted by drakan:
Originally posted by Jakemall:

No way was that even close to roughing the kicker. Dude fell onto the ground and slid to Lee's ankle. Running into the kicker was the right call.

That pereira dude even said that roughing the kicker, when you roll into and hit the kickers plant leg that's 15 yds, if you run into his kicking leg that's most likely the 5 yd unless you blatantly try to kill the guy
Share 49ersWebzone