There are 214 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL against the quest for 6?

Yeah how about we send tape to the league on every play from Seattles cheating secondary. How about we crack down on that stupid ass NFL
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by theduke85:
For the love of god, will people please stop talking about the NFL being for/against certain teams? Jesus christ.

no

yes

negatory

lol theyre targeting the niners and theyre not targeting seattle whos notorious for being dirty? seems legit
Originally posted by Jcool:
For the love of god, will people please stop talking about the NFL being for/against certain teams? Jesus christ.

no

yes

negatory

After watching last years Super Bowl, and the previous 2 Niner games, Im having an internal struggle with the idea that the nfl might be rigged. i keep wondering if one day an official will play whistleblower to the whole thing. Call me crazy but these things do happen and ever since the NFL moved toward a parity driven league, more and more games are decided by refs calls bc more games are so close where subjective calls can change a teams season.

this weekend i watched 30 minute replay of seahawks steelers SB, and I was amazed at how that game was called in favor of that SB's media darling steelers (I had to work the night actual game was played). I don't care how much you call me a conspiracy theorist, but if before the game is even played, nfl officials are only highlighting niner chippiness and erroneous calls in our favor (rarely happens) while seattle's cocky and brazen and often illegal behavior gets no attention, then I cannot help but believe that the league is discouraging objective behavior from the refs.
[ Edited by rominjoe on Jan 19, 2014 at 10:54 AM ]
We've won 5 chips...and went to the Super Bowl last year. Stop whining about NFL is against us. Bad calls are part of the game...they will continue to be a part of the game just like a bad throw, bad coverage, bad tackle etc. There is no need to make up a conspiracy theory.
Gotta find a way to win in spite of the questionable calls. It can be done.
[ Edited by 602_JamestownAve on Jan 19, 2014 at 1:23 PM ]
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
lol theyre targeting the niners and theyre not targeting seattle whos notorious for being dirty? seems legit

It seems fair and even handed.

Cause with BILLIONS of dollars bet on the NFL that would be an unreasonable thought?
Originally posted by 4ML:
We've won 5 chips...and went to the Super Bowl last year. Stop whining about NFL is against us. Bad calls are part of the game...they will continue to be a part of the game just like a bad throw, bad coverage, bad tackle etc. There is no need to make up a conspiracy theory.

I call them how I see them.
Ayanbadejo's no call in last years Super Bowl that sprung JAcoby Jones while miller was getting raped by 3 different players
Again last years Super Bowl, holding by not 1 but EVERY SINGLE BLOCKER as the runner waited for niners to catch him i the end zone before the safety. No call
blatant no call against Mcdonald in GB game right in front of the official that eventually led to GB TD.
Niners had 1 game last week that not every nitpick call went against us and most of the WZ was shocked.

My conspiracy theory isn't just hypothesizing that the league is against the niners. Its that the league or media picks the team with the more beautiful story (i.e. ray lewis retirement or Jerome Bettis finishing w SB at home or whatever, perhaps for ratings--(yeah thats just crazy talk- no billion dollar industry would ever conceive of such madness) and the calls tend to lean in a direction. Also keep in mind I was saying this has become more noticeable since the league became parity driven meaning after the niners won their 5 chips.
Lets get something clear... Both teams hold on almost every play, some more blatant than others. That said, the Niners have nothing to worry about if they can keep their composure, as Seattle holds more often, and takes more chances, I think this hurts them more.
I just read that article too. It does bother me that the article is from NFL.com and it was VERY biased against the Niners. Not one mention of plays that went the other way?

Skuta's BS personal foul last week. The Rodgers "miraculous" play where McDonald being held was the only reason it happened.

Or how about we go all the way back to that Saints game that cost this team the number one seed in the NFC?
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I just read that article too. It does bother me that the article is from NFL.com and it was VERY biased against the Niners. Not one mention of plays that went the other way?

Skuta's BS personal foul last week. The Rodgers "miraculous" play where McDonald being held was the only reason it happened.

Or how about we go all the way back to that Saints game that cost this team the number one seed in the NFC?

Originally posted by rominjoe:
I call them how I see them.
Ayanbadejo's no call in last years Super Bowl that sprung JAcoby Jones while miller was getting raped by 3 different players
Again last years Super Bowl, holding by not 1 but EVERY SINGLE BLOCKER as the runner waited for niners to catch him i the end zone before the safety. No call
blatant no call against Mcdonald in GB game right in front of the official that eventually led to GB TD.
Niners had 1 game last week that not every nitpick call went against us and most of the WZ was shocked.

My conspiracy theory isn't just hypothesizing that the league is against the niners. Its that the league or media picks the team with the more beautiful story (i.e. ray lewis retirement or Jerome Bettis finishing w SB at home or whatever, perhaps for ratings--(yeah thats just crazy talk- no billion dollar industry would ever conceive of such madness) and the calls tend to lean in a direction. Also keep in mind I was saying this has become more noticeable since the league became parity driven meaning after the niners won their 5 chips.

You see what you want to see.
Seattle is gonna get away with a ton of murder, like they always do. -I even expect the refs to f**k us into wasting a timeout, forcing Harbaugh into something because of the crowd noise. A whistle can easily go ignored, happened in week 2.
Originally posted by 4ML:
You see what you want to see.

Hope you enjoy that game with your blindfold on. Those plays were blatant examples of egregious calls that had a major impact on the outcome of those specific games and in some cases the season. At a certain point the game feels less like the kind of games I grew up watching and playing and more like something akin to professional wrestling. Staged. It's not there yet but these things don't happen overnight either.