There are 113 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL against the quest for 6?

Originally posted by vamphunter23:
From what i've noticed.....Refs hate JH .......JH does his fair share of "bringing it on him/ourselves" .......But the refs should remain unbiased, some don't though......do you see that ?

What makes you think they hate him...the bad calls? Every team has those. Have you never noticed how many coaches will get knee-deep into an officials s***, particularly Line and Side Judges? Granted, Harbaugh is probably one of the more animated coaches, and I have no doubt that there are refs who don't cotton to his act. And although I think it's a stretch, there is the possibility that a ref might have a borderline call and chuck the flag on the 49ers because he doesn't like Jim Harbaugh. Even if that has happened--which if it has is extremely rare--that doesn't equate to the NFL purposely picking winners and losers.
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
Good grief...I never said a word about nor implied "Niners and Pats to make the super bowl every year". It was strictly in the context of the four remaining teams, which of course renders your Cowboys "theory" as moot and pointless as the rest of your screed. Seattle is a friggin' outpost on the frontier as far as the NFL and networks are concerned, if they had their druthers and really were pulling strings, the Seahawks would not be in the SB. There is no script, no conspiracies, no puppet masters...it's a simple matter of a business entity (the NFL) being hyper-sensitive to litigation, combined with a Byzatine rule book and the referees who have to officiate according to it, and sometimes they just flat-out get it wrong.


Your comprehension is holding you back. The Cowboys Pats super bowl was more fitting to your logic as they are the highest markets in the NFL. Which would prove my point that the highest market theory is not the focal point here. Simplifying the situation does not prove anything but short sightedness.
Originally posted by bpg4980:
So you don't think it's WAY more likely that Seattle just got lucky and had the calls go their way? Or maybe the officials simply (without meaning to) gave the benefit of the doubt to the home team? If you really believe there is even a remote chance that the league and refs are predetermining outcomes then I don't believe I can talk you out of that. I just can't see how anyone can believe that, and if they did I can't understand why they'd watch. The point about enjoying scripted shows is moot b/c we watch scripted shows knowing full well they are 100% fantasy. We watch sports because it is NOT scripted in any way, and the outcome is therefore far less predictable I'm guessing ownership/league management knows this. They can simply let the games play out and have a very, very popular product, or they can risk their entire reputation trying to fix/script games. Some games end up exciting like the Niner/Hawk game, some are boring like the NE/Denver game. But most people only watch sports because they believe it is an authentic athletic competition. Otherwise they'd watch WWE. Just so you know, this isn't just my opinion, just about everyone in the world besides you seems to believe that. By all means, feel free keep believing whatever you want to believe, but there is a reason why you are a lone wolf here. It's going to be hard to convince football fans that what they are watching isn't authentic. If you say this kind of thing, people on message boards are going to tell you that you're nuts. You may be an exception who'd watch anyway, but I am very comfortable saying that the VAST majority of fans would not watch if we didn't believe what we were seeing was 100% legit. And that if it wasn't that a whistle blower wouldn't have come forward by now. Anyway I have made my points and you have made yours, we will just agree to disagree. You're right that I don't have any proof that the whole thing isn't a sham, just like you have none that it is. Nor do you or I have proof that what scientists tell us is legit, or the government, or our wives or our children for that matter. All I have is my common sense. I don't need "behind the scenes information" to be convinced of what basically everyone else accepts. And if I did how could I know my inside source wasn't lying to me? The fact that a lot of games between teams that are similarly talented end being close is simply logical, and in no way a reason to doubt the games validity, especially when there are still plenty of blowouts every week.


Nooo people watch sports because they ASSUME they are not scripted, therefore not taking away the dramatic affect of not knowing the outcome. You can continue to believe that stating that a "vast majority" does it somehow gives it validity and righteousness, but it really doesn't. As I stated before, We do not have to know the conclusion of the script to understand that it may be scripted. If it isn't,then great. But if it is, no surprise. In the end at least I am not naïve enough to throw out certain possibilities simply based on a desire to not want to believe. That comes off as immature and child like. And BTW, there are thousands if not millions coming to the realization that their past times and popular beliefs are not beyond reproof and under some holy truth that have been somehow purged and purified. And yes impretty sure that its is waaaay more easy and much more soothing to believe the programmers because hey, they create the standard and the who's and what's of reality right? SMH.
[ Edited by Puckdaddy on Jan 22, 2014 at 10:35 PM ]
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Nooo people watch sports because they ASSUME they are not scripted, therefore not taking away the dramatic affect of not knowing the outcome. You can continue to believe that stating that a "vast majority" does it somehow gives it validity and righteousness, but it really doesn't. As I stated before. We do not have to know the conclusion of the script to understand that it may be scripted. If it isn't,then great . But if it is, no surprise. In the end at least I am not naïve enough to throw out certain possibilities simply based on a desire to not want to believe. That comes off as immature and child like. And BTW, there are thousands if not millions coming to the realization that their past times and popular beliefs are not beyond reproof and under some holy truth that have been somehow purged and purified. And yes its is waaaay more easy to believe the programmers because hey, they create the standard and the who's and what's of reality right? SMH.

at one time i woulda thought you belonged in the tinfoil hat crowd, but over the last 10 years or so....i gotta say. some weird ass s**t happens in playoff hunts/games. and a billion dollar sport refuses to get "real" refs.
im not sayin.....
im just sayin
[ Edited by GreenReaperTT on Jan 22, 2014 at 10:44 PM ]
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:
at one time i woulda thought you belonged in the tinfoil hat crowd, but over the last 10 years or so....i gotta say. some weird ass s**t happens in playoff hunts/games. and a billion dollar sport refuses to get "real" refs.
im not sayin.....
im just sayin


And im not necessarily saying that the NFL is without a doubt scripted, but im only stating the facts about weird happenings and patterns I see taking place in sports period.
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Wilson got away with way too many intentional groundings with only one called

As I sat watching the game I was counting the penalties. Things like the dead ball foul by Carlos Rogers really worked against the 49ers. Usually there will only be at most 15 penalties a game, and 15 penalties were called during this NFC Championship game. The Seahawks also averaged around 4 defensive penalties for each game during the 2013 season. So as the game progressed and the flags flew, at halftime there were 8 total penalties. Seahawks had 5, and the 49er's had 3. That left 7 remaining, and you could anticipate that the defense was going to start pushing the boundaries of the officials because they knew they were going to let them play. In total the 49'ers racked up 7 penalties, and each one they received was basically one less Seattle was going to get. After HalfTime there were 3 penalties called on Seattle, two offensive false starts and one special teams, ZERO on the Defense. The 49'ers had 4 penalties, and each one they received meant the Seahawks were going to get away with more.

I'm not saying this is how the game should be played, but this is how this game was played. Penalties simply kill you against the Seahawks, because it allows them to get away with more.

Just for reference,the first game against the Seahawks in Seattle had 22 total penalties and 12 were against the 49'ers. That included 3 personal foul penalties.
[ Edited by dave_n_ruth on Jan 23, 2014 at 12:43 AM ]
Originally posted by dave_n_ruth:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Wilson got away with way too many intentional groundings with only one called

As I sat watching the game I was counting the penalties. Things like the dead ball foul by Carlos Rogers really worked against the 49ers. Usually there will only be at most 15 penalties a game, and 15 penalties were called during this NFC Championship game. The Seahawks also averaged around 4 defensive penalties for each game during the 2013 season. So as the game progressed and the flags flew, at halftime there were 8 total penalties. Seahawks had 5, and the 49er's had 3. That left 7 remaining, and you could anticipate that the defense was going to start pushing the boundaries of the officials because they knew they were going to let them play. In total the 49'ers racked up 7 penalties, and each one they received was basically one less Seattle was going to get. After HalfTime there were 3 penalties called on Seattle, two offensive false starts and one special teams, ZERO on the Defense. The 49'ers had 4 penalties, and each one they received meant the Seahawks were going to get away with more.

I'm not saying this is how the game should be played, but this is how this game was played. Penalties simply kill you against the Seahawks, because it allows them to get away with more.

Just for reference,the first game against the Seahawks in Seattle had 22 total penalties and 12 were against the 49'ers. That included 3 personal foul penalties.
I think most are more upset with the non calls.
Originally posted by 4ML:
We've won 5 chips...and went to the Super Bowl last year. Stop whining about NFL is against us. Bad calls are part of the game...they will continue to be a part of the game just like a bad throw, bad coverage, bad tackle etc. There is no need to make up a conspiracy theory.

Well here's the deal..I'm long time crazed fan and watched all the SB in person or on tv (went to 3), all the FC Champ games won, NFC West cahmp games so many.this tema can't wint ehbig games, and I'm not sure if they ever will. It don't look good. All the games they have pst were on the line, not blow outs and were winable with time running out. But no they f**ked up horridly every time.

It's sad to say but after 3 days of contemplation, and kid of getting over the loss. I just odn't see this team, or is it the coaching staff winng anothing after..MAYBE the NFC Champ.. Pretty fuking sad it's come donw to this..

I mean like 3 tries nad all losses. That falls in the LOSER" catagorey..

This is all pretty still raw, but....dn't know what part of this team/organization is the part holding it back from winning a BIG game..

On point, many love the Niners and many do not, and..the NFL runs on money (smart eh), so that speaks to them wanting new blood. Niners are old blood on the scale of what they have done...

I forgo; FUK the NFL these days and especially Goodall for caving into liberal BS..of "ooh he so hurt", controls of the style of play hitting wise and defender wise..

Think I'll grab another dink and try to get the stench of our most recent loss outta what's left of my mind,,,

San Francisco 49ers..to the end.. BUT not Santa Clara 49ers. You guys see already some people are calling this team the Santa Clara 49ers..god damn sad as hell.. KIll em all. let God sort it out..bleah...
Originally posted by leebert81:
Originally posted by dave_n_ruth:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
Wilson got away with way too many intentional groundings with only one called

As I sat watching the game I was counting the penalties. Things like the dead ball foul by Carlos Rogers really worked against the 49ers. Usually there will only be at most 15 penalties a game, and 15 penalties were called during this NFC Championship game. The Seahawks also averaged around 4 defensive penalties for each game during the 2013 season. So as the game progressed and the flags flew, at halftime there were 8 total penalties. Seahawks had 5, and the 49er's had 3. That left 7 remaining, and you could anticipate that the defense was going to start pushing the boundaries of the officials because they knew they were going to let them play. In total the 49'ers racked up 7 penalties, and each one they received was basically one less Seattle was going to get. After HalfTime there were 3 penalties called on Seattle, two offensive false starts and one special teams, ZERO on the Defense. The 49'ers had 4 penalties, and each one they received meant the Seahawks were going to get away with more.

I'm not saying this is how the game should be played, but this is how this game was played. Penalties simply kill you against the Seahawks, because it allows them to get away with more.

Just for reference,the first game against the Seahawks in Seattle had 22 total penalties and 12 were against the 49'ers. That included 3 personal foul penalties.
I think most are more upset with the non calls.

Exactly the point. When there are only going to be about 15 penalties called in a game, and the 49'ers commit ridiculous penalties, then how can you be surprised with the way the momentum swung. 49'ers committed 5 penalties that could have been avoided, to include two unnecessary roughness calls one false start, and two defensive offsides. If they had been able to at least eliminate the unnecessary roughness calls then you would figure Seattle would probably have been hit with at least two more penalties, probably occurring on the Defense. Seattle uses this strategy against teams. They goat people into retaliating (a.k.a. the Bruno Giocomini Special) by the way they play. San Francisco had 7 unnecessary (taunting/unsportsmanlike conducts/unnecessary roughness) calls against Seattle in the three games this year when Seattle only had 3 against S.F. (taunting/personal foul/unsportsmanlike conduct), and the last taunting penalty was committed by Sherman after the deflected/interception at the end of the game. It was Seattle's intent to get S.F. to commit these kind of penalties in order to allow the defense to be able to get away with more.

The colts only committed 4 penalties against Seattle, to include one taunting penalty and ended up winning with Seattle having 8 penalties. In the 3 games Seattle lost the opponents committed a total of 7 discipline related penalties (to include false starts/offsides, and unsportsmanlike conduct/personal fouls), while Seattle committed 11 similar penalties. If teams are able to play a more disciplined game against the Seahawks, rather than working against themselves, then they have the advantage, as Seattle will ultimately be called for more penalties. Seattle had 12 Defensive penalties, 27 total penalties, called in their 3 losses.
Something to ponder.

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/video.php?v=wshhs03U5ys3du70T9YW
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Something to ponder.

http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/video.php?v=wshhs03U5ys3du70T9YW

This video is everywhere lol. Even Maiocco had to write an article on it for CSN Bay Area.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
This video is everywhere lol. Even Maiocco had to write an article on it for CSN Bay Area.


LOL didn't know
Still this video should raise red flags
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
Still this video should raise red flags

To me it raises red flags of how horrible the NFL officiating is. I won't say it's a conspiracy but it comes off that way when it goes down like this in a big time game, and all the calls swing in favor of the home team.
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
To me it raises red flags of how horrible the NFL officiating is. I won't say it's a conspiracy but it comes off that way when it goes down like this in a big time game, and all the calls swing in favor of the home team.


I understand your view. But what brings me past this stage is the fact that the calls came in a one sided package. We can say that maybe its bad officiating and coincidence ONLY if the bad calls are non discriminate and not in patterns of good timing that tweak the momentum of the game.