There are 84 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL against the quest for 6?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000314924/article/nfl-asks-officials-to-set-tone-early-for-ninersseahawks .....

What kind of crap is this? Tape is being sent to officials of the Carolina game of things we did that won't be tolerated? A lot of these calls are subjective in the first place, so why would they have refs pinpointing our team? Why not have officials checking for Cheattles blatent holding and pass interference that they consistantly get away with. This is mind blowing, im already expecting a one sided called game. Any thoughts?
Don't think it was just for us
I don't believe I am being a homer here. The Panthers were doing a lot of chippy stuff early. The ONLY thing that they could complain about was the head butt with Boldin, but even that was different than the one they got flagged on. Crabs had his head leaning way back when he got butted and the one with Boldin, both players were leaning forward
Its an image thing. But the media definitely seems anti-niner 80% of the time. That article was crap.
For the love of god, will people please stop talking about the NFL being for/against certain teams? Jesus christ.
Originally posted by theduke85:
For the love of god, will people please stop talking about the NFL being for/against certain teams? Jesus christ.

no
Commissioner against dynasties.
Commissioner against dynasties.
Watching that game, it was remarkable to see how the intensity was on the Carolina D and SF Offense. Our D let our play do the talking and Steve Smith is Steve Smith. I think our offense had to respond the way they did. It was reactionary on our part. It was Carolina's gameplan and even admitted to looking to ramp up physicality/intensity.

The NFL loves the Cleveland Browns. Yeah, I said it!! So unfair.
Nobody cheats worse than the CHEATHAWKS. That's how they go from 8 - 8 to 13 - 3. The former being their real talent level without all the Adderal, Roids, Cheathawk stadium that reflects sound, holding, grabbing, turning, pulling, tackling guys 50 yards downfield.
That article was one of the most biased pieces of trash I've read in quite a while. The jist was the 49ers got away with all kinds of things that should have been called a penalty and let's rub the officials noses in it to be sure those pesky 49ers don't get away with anything this week (including a win). Terribly biased opinion piece and the comments are chocked full of Hawks and Panthers fan whining about how the refs single-handedly got the 49ers to the NFC Championship.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 5280High:

no

yes
Originally posted by ltrain:
That article was one of the most biased pieces of trash I've read in quite a while. The jist was the 49ers got away with all kinds of things that should have been called a penalty and let's rub the officials noses in it to be sure those pesky 49ers don't get away with anything this week (including a win). Terribly biased opinion piece and the comments are chocked full of Hawks and Panthers fan whining about how the refs single-handedly got the 49ers to the NFC Championship.

#truth, it was written from the viewpoint of a jaded fanbase.... never mentioning the Skuta sack penalty or the multiple taunting calls in the first 2 quarters. I rewatched the game a few times and really only AB was getting in the skirmishes and when he did it was because the CB had previously taunted for the most part. Its sad how much Aikmans comments during a game can influence so many sheep in a fanbase.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 5280High:

no

yes

negatory