There are 305 users in the forums

Are the Niners good with a hurry-up offense?

• Jd925
  • Veteran
I don't recall them using it much at all during the season, but if they did I think it could help with the crowd noise. Unfortunately they'll probably keep their standard offense and wait until the last second to call time-outs and have defenses be able to time snaps. Hopefully the niners surprise me. Thoughts?
I don't wanna hear Kap yell "HURRY! HURRY!" 500x
Their version of a hurry up offense is snapping the ball with 5 seconds left on the play clock.
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:
Their version of a hurry up offense is snapping the ball with 5 seconds left on the play clock.

lol
Originally posted by Jd925:

lol

Sad but...LOL! Funny!

I don't care you are, that's funny right there.

Seriously though, I think a hurry-up even just for a set of downs within a single possession would be something good to try, i.e. pick up a 1st down, then go into a hurry-up, maybe pick up another 1st down or two, then perhaps go back into conventional. Just something to change up the tempo, hamper defensive substitutions, even could help quiet down the crowd a little. And doesn't even have to be a true "hurry-up", could just be a no-huddle, but still take the play clock down to about 1-2 secs so HaRo will still be happy.
[ Edited by DelCed2486 on Jan 18, 2014 at 1:52 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

What about Omaha?
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:

What about Omaha?

Manning is also an excellent business man...he's probably got it copyrighted.
Problem with the hurry up is that the plays have to be called in advance and this team has shown no ability to do this and line up in a timely manner. I've wanted them to do this all season because I think Kaepernick will kill defenses in a hurry up. What I'd love to see is the hurry up after a first down when Seattle is trying to change personnel. If they install two or three packages to use with Kaepernick just holding up a hand sign at the line...could be very effective.
Hurry up offense is so anti-Roman.
  • Jd925
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Problem with the hurry up is that the plays have to be called in advance and this team has shown no ability to do this and line up in a timely manner. I've wanted them to do this all season because I think Kaepernick will kill defenses in a hurry up. What I'd love to see is the hurry up after a first down when Seattle is trying to change personnel. If they install two or three packages to use with Kaepernick just holding up a hand sign at the line...could be very effective.

Good stuff. I agree. I just googled 'two-minute drill' and got this:
Successful two-minute drill puts 49ers ahead (vs Seahawks in Dec.)
Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/12/halftime-successful-two-minute-drill-puts-49ers-ahead.html#storylink=cpy

LOL. The ONLY touchdown the 49ers have scored against the Seahawks in two games this season was a two-minute drill!
ONE touchdown in TWO games and that came on a two-minute drill. WOW and OUCH!
Originally posted by Jd925:
Good stuff. I agree. I just googled 'two-minute drill' and got this:
Successful two-minute drill puts 49ers ahead (vs Seahawks in Dec.)
Read more here: http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2013/12/halftime-successful-two-minute-drill-puts-49ers-ahead.html#storylink=cpy

LOL. The ONLY touchdown the 49ers have scored against the Seahawks in two games this season was a two-minute drill!
ONE touchdown in TWO games and that came on a two-minute drill. WOW and OUCH!

Thanks for posting this! LOL...somehow I missed it!
Run hurry up let Kap get his audibls in and then jus sit there for 10secs leaving the crowed feelin "dumb by definition"
If I remember correctly we ran a semi-hurry up against the Seahawks in week 2 on the opening drive, but turned the ball over on an interception in the end zone.
They did do a little hurry up offense against the Cardinals in week 17 but very little. I don't know how we could ever run it when every play is snapped at 0 and were wasting about 4 time outs a game cause the play isn't called on time. A time out right after half time has even been called. If that stuff happens in Seattle tomorrow the crowd is going to jump all over it they need to fix it A.S.A.P. as in today!
[ Edited by Raul98 on Jan 18, 2014 at 3:42 PM ]
Share 49erswebzone