There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 turning point

i think the turning point for us was our last loss. After getting cheated out of the saints game our team got inspired to make sure that refs cant change the outcome of the game. and after that loss we knew that the cardinals were on our tails
signing Phil Dawson
Originally posted by jbeale49:
To me, without question, it was the Brooks hit on Brees. Backs were completely against the wall at 6 - 4 with a wavering lockeroom sentiment, it was Patrick Willis' words that got us here. Ahmad was saying he didn't know what he plays for and why he works so hard...

"Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty."

You summed my thoughts up perfectly. At that point, it was pretty clear that all of our players were very frustrated by the refs calling bogus personal fouls week in and week out.

Instead of folding, the team stuck together and seemingly has been more focused ever since.
All means nothing without the opportunity to play and win the SB
Originally posted by Allx9er:

Absolutely. They have to bring their all to this game.

This.
I'd say Crabtree coming back. It really seemed to open up our offense. Off the top of my head, I can think of numerous big plays since he's returned:
- his long catch against the Rams
- Davis with a 52-yard touchdown against the Bucs
- Boldin's long catch to the 3-yard line against the Panthers
- etc...

When we only had Boldin/Duke, I feel like they were able to contain our receivers and that we weren't really threats deep downfield. Now that's a real option available to us.
Not sure on the excat turning point.

But - we definitely haven't peaked yet.
There were many points this season that flipped the team back up, and I agree with pretty much every single one that has been said so far. However, I'm surprised more people haven't said the win against the Seahawks in week 14. That game really sparked this team in terms of being able to actually beat high-quality teams and win close games, something we were really only able to do way back in week 1 before the train wreck.
We haven't lost since. So it was the Brooks personal foul on Brees.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:

This.

I like your moves. I like your style.