LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 258 users in the forums

2013 turning point

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jbeale49:
To me, without question, it was the Brooks hit on Brees. Backs were completely against the wall at 6 - 4 with a wavering lockeroom sentiment, it was Patrick Willis' words that got us here. Ahmad was saying he didn't know what he plays for and why he works so hard...

"Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty."

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
The turning point was the New Orleans game. The moment Ahmad Brooks was penalized for a great play, and we lost because of it, something clicked.

As if to say, we ought to win in spite of officiating.

this. theres a lot of rage about that play and if we do win it all theres no doubt in my mind history will remember it as the moment that fueled the rest.
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:
Originally posted by jbeale49:
To me, without question, it was the Brooks hit on Brees. Backs were completely against the wall at 6 - 4 with a wavering lockeroom sentiment, it was Patrick Willis' words that got us here. Ahmad was saying he didn't know what he plays for and why he works so hard...

"Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty."

Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
The turning point was the New Orleans game. The moment Ahmad Brooks was penalized for a great play, and we lost because of it, something clicked.

As if to say, we ought to win in spite of officiating.

this. theres a lot of rage about that play and if we do win it all theres no doubt in my mind history will remember it as the moment that fueled the rest.

Definitely this. Haven't lost since this game and have been building momentum ever since.
The bad call on Brooks was a blessing because it made people forget how mediocre we played that day. We were lucky to be in that game, really.

The turning point of this season will be if we win the Super Bowl.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Tomorrow, when we go into Seattle and win.
Originally posted by Beeker:

Nuff Said

Now that I think about it, Wilson hasn't quite been the same since that hit.
the turning point is where that idiot ref screwed us in NO. Not only that cost us the division but homefield. Since then, their backs were on the wall and responded rather well.
id say the 2nd seattle game. we beat them, and we continued in playoff mode until now. our momentum has been getting stronger and stronger and we have risen to every challenge so far.
Crabtree coming back was huge but for me the return of Aldon Smith was something that concerned me. I did know if he was going to make it back and keep getting better with his level of play , his emotional situation, which from my experience going thru his situation involves many difficult moments for him. I expect this kid to tear up some Beach/Bird ass. I got a feeling he is going to make some very important plays in this game.......Charles Haley type of s**t ! I think at the end of the game when they interview him and the first question he is asked he will respond by saying I'M A BAD MAN !!!
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
The Bowman pick six against Atlanta. We went from backs against the wall to make the playoffs to clinching a spot and also getting the 5th spot which made our road a little easier.

I don't know if it was the turning point but it showed the team had magic. The game winning drive against the Pack and the second half shutdown of the Panthers tells me something is going on.
I don't know about "turning point", but I really thought a very KEY play was the Whitner pick vs the Rams way back in Week 4. The Niners had just lost 2 straight blowouts, and were going on the road in a Thurs night nationally televised game against a division rival WITHOUT Aldon Smith and Willis.

This was a chance for this season to really start growing hair and turn ugly...49ers were sluggish at first, they were up 7-3 late 2nd qtr but Rams were on a long drive and were at about the 49er 30 when Bradford threw for the end zone...can't remember who (Brock?) tipped the pass and Whitner made a great play to come up with the INT. 49ers drive down, Gore TD just before half and that pretty much did it...Bowman went nuts and took the game over, Niners go on to win 5 straight.

Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
There hasn't been a turning point. We haven't put it all together yet.

I think it's both. The team accelerated through a turn as players like Aldon, Crabtree, Iupati and Patton came back and Kap began to get more confidence in his passing game. And then when the playoffs hit, they hit the nitro button that is Kap's legs. I understand why Jim Harbaugh is so happy lately. The team is getting really good results and there are still a lot of areas of where the team is likely to improve (mostly offensively) - how could a coach not love that!
[ Edited by 49erphan on Jan 18, 2014 at 2:38 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerjok:
To me it was the thorough annihilation of the Rams on the road with a short-ass turnaround for that game. We had inexplicably lost to Indy at home and the players basically took it upon themselves to kick ass and take names, but I have a couple turning points in the season. The 2nd was after getting royally f**ked by the refs penalizing Ahmad's legal strip-sack of Brees that gave Saints the game. That's when the team got super pissed-off again. It gave Seadderall a seemingly insurmountable division lead but the Niners didn't give in knowing there was a slim chance of winning it if they ran the table from that point which they did. Everything nearly fell into place coming up just a little short. However, this resulted in the team going into playoff mode ever since.

The early STL game gets my vote as well.

We were on the brink of flushing the entire season down the tank with an offense that didn't work.

The team "manned up" and just willed their way to victory on that TNF game and that attitude has carried forward
Originally posted by Tigerlaw:
The early STL game gets my vote as well.

We were on the brink of flushing the entire season down the tank with an offense that didn't work.

The team "manned up" and just willed their way to victory on that TNF game and that attitude has carried forward
That was the game Roman realized we had no WRs other than Boldin and we decided to run the football more. Hell this was evident vs IND with VD out and Crab.

I am going for the NO post game turning point though. We've been on fire since and have retooled as well. We even fired KW!
I think it was bows pick six against atlanta. All three phases have been playing phenomenal football since then. I think that was the spark
Thursday night Rams game after two straight losses. A little doubt was creeping up. Very important win for us and we dominated. Everyone kind of felt like things will be okay after that game
Share 49ersWebzone