There are 61 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2013 turning point

In 2011 turning point of the season was clearly the Eagles game. 2012 was a bit murky. I think the Bears game where Kaep showed he can handle the starting job for Harbaugh. I'm even less sure about 2013....

I think the second game against Seattle. With Crabtree back in the line up. We were healthiest on offense all year. Wasn't a high scoring game but we played a very methodical game. One of the best managed game all year to get a win. Closing out the game at the end.

What's your turning point of 2013...?
Turning point was getting Crabtree, VD and Patton all back and healthy. Havent lost since..
The game against the Rams where Crabtree came back that was the first look of what the team was suppose to look like at the start of the season.
The Bowman pick six against Atlanta. We went from backs against the wall to make the playoffs to clinching a spot and also getting the 5th spot which made our road a little easier.
Originally posted by amir_tn80:
The Bowman pick six against Atlanta. We went from backs against the wall to make the playoffs to clinching a spot and also getting the 5th spot which made our road a little easier.

Yeah, good one.

Nuff Said
To me, without question, it was the Brooks hit on Brees. Backs were completely against the wall at 6 - 4 with a wavering lockeroom sentiment, it was Patrick Willis' words that got us here. Ahmad was saying he didn't know what he plays for and why he works so hard...

"Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty."
While getting Crabtree back and having Aldon return to the lineup solidified the team, I really think the turning point of the season was the first game in St. Louis. If we had lost that game, we would have been 1-3 and there would have been a danger of the season spinning out of control. But the guys showed up to play and pummeled the Rams, sparking a five game win streak that set the tone for the rest of the season.
[ Edited by real9erfan on Jan 18, 2014 at 10:36 AM ]
The turning point this season was specifically when Crabtree caught that long pass from Kap during the Rams game. I remember the crowd erupted and Crabtree just had the biggest smile. Everyone, players and coaches looked like they all knew, "ok, now the 49ers are back." It was a great defining moment imo. It was a POWERFUL moment. I had chills doen my spine.
Remember how bad we were struggling at WR before his return?
Originally posted by QBguru:
The turning point this season was specifically when Crabtree caught that long pass from Kap during the Rams game. I remember the crowd erupted and Crabtree just had the biggest smile. Everyone, players and coaches looked like they all knew, "ok, now the 49ers are back." It was a great defining moment imo. It was a POWERFUL moment. I had chills doen my spine.
Remember how bad we were struggling at WR before his return?

There hasn't been a turning point. We haven't put it all together yet.
The turning point was the New Orleans game. The moment Ahmad Brooks was penalized for a great play, and we lost because of it, something clicked.

As if to say, we ought to win in spite of officiating.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
There hasn't been a turning point. We haven't put it all together yet.

Zing

That will come early February
To me it was the thorough annihilation of the Rams on the road with a short-ass turnaround for that game. We had inexplicably lost to Indy at home and the players basically took it upon themselves to kick ass and take names, but I have a couple turning points in the season. The 2nd was after getting royally f**ked by the refs penalizing Ahmad's legal strip-sack of Brees that gave Saints the game. That's when the team got super pissed-off again. It gave Seadderall a seemingly insurmountable division lead but the Niners didn't give in knowing there was a slim chance of winning it if they ran the table from that point which they did. Everything nearly fell into place coming up just a little short. However, this resulted in the team going into playoff mode ever since.
Originally posted by jbeale49:
To me, without question, it was the Brooks hit on Brees. Backs were completely against the wall at 6 - 4 with a wavering lockeroom sentiment, it was Patrick Willis' words that got us here. Ahmad was saying he didn't know what he plays for and why he works so hard...

"Our most significant opportunities will be found in times of greatest difficulty."

this.