LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

Is Eric Wright In the Dog House?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
You don't practice you lose PT.. Plain and simple
It was probably related to effort. When Cox got signed back, Wright probably just assumed he had the job, and loafed it. Cox probably busted his butt to get back up to speed.

Harbaugh rewarded the effort by deciding Cox was better prepared.
Wright is better than cox. Wright was making plays when he was playing. Not sure what happened.
I think it's injury related meaning that he wasn't 100% when Cox came back and Cox outplayed him and now has the job, the "hot hand" thing we always hear about. I'm betting both these guys come back next year and compete, Brown and Rogers are probably gone & we know Culliver is coming back, I bet we bring back both vets to ensure we can draft the BPA in round 1 (probably either WR or CB, maybe even SS if Whitner leaves)
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
dude sucks. period.

while at tampa, he was one of the worst CB's in the league at giving up yards/completions.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I don't think he's in the doghouse, he's just been beaten out. Cox has done a tremendous job since coming back. Wright had a minor hamstring issue, and Cox used that opportunity to seize the job.

I like how the coaches play the guys who are simply performing the best. It even looks like Rogers is not going to get his starting job back. Brock and Brown remain the starters, Rogers will come in as the slot corner on passing downs.

No one is safe in the Harbaugh meritocracy. He called Josh Johnson a "beloved son" and cut him the same offseason he gave him a tryout roster spot. Harbaugh do not play yo.
Wright played well against seattle when the 49ers won. I will be curious to see who gets on the field since carlos will see limited action.
The best players play.

Kap over Alex.
http://www.ericwright21.com/blog/year-remember

Pretty good blog. Gives some insight to what Wright didn't play in playoffs. Seems like a team player and good fit w/ the Niners
[ Edited by Mertonschickendance on Feb 13, 2014 at 5:57 PM ]
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Pretty good blog. Gives some insight to what Wight didn't play in playoffs. Seems like a team player and good fit w/ the Niners

i read that earlier, he seems like a super nice dude actually

• SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lucky_49:
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:

Pretty good blog. Gives some insight to what Wight didn't play in playoffs. Seems like a team player and good fit w/ the Niners

i read that earlier, he seems like a super nice dude actually

Read it too. I enjoyed seeing him on the team. Would like to have him back.
Originally posted by SaksV:
Read it too. I enjoyed seeing him on the team. Would like to have him back.

I'd miss his twitter feed! He's good for some classics.
I still think he could be a very productive CB for us , as a nickel back , and he has proven he can start in a pinch ...don't know why we would rush a talented DB out the door?
  • Geeked
  • Veteran
Eric Wright got kicked off USC and finished his career at UNLV. He was kicked off when USC really couldn't afford to lose corners.

The guy has talent but demonstrates it inconsistently. He was a bone head at USC and was constantly getting in trouble for real stupid stuff. I'm unable to recall what was the last straw but I'm thinking he missed a class and the University told him to get lost.

Odd thing about USC is cutting class is one of the biggest No no's a player can commit. And if you are AE for more than a couple of semesters... by by.
Very cool read and provides some insight into the culture of our locker room. I hope he comes back and is allowed to compete for a starting spot next year. He's a very good player and seemed to get better and better the more he played on the field and within our system.
Share 49ersWebzone