LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 209 users in the forums

An UNSUNG HERO will RISE in the NFC Championship GAME

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by mug0mug:
I don't think it's gonna be some surprise player that blows up this game.

If the OP post is about the speech then this thread belongs in the Lot, but it is one of the best movie speeches of all time.

You're wrong in your mocking here RabidNiner, because it is one of the best speeches in film.

I'm sure the people on here who believe in eutopian ideals love Chaplin's speech from The Great Dictator, and Braveheart's is good, there's a good one in Gladiator, 300, the park bench in Good Will Hunting, LOTR, and others, but Pacino's speech in Any Given Sunday is one of the top 10 (so is his speech near the end of Scent of a Woman).

If you can't see how it translates to the lives of all of us you aren't paying close enough attention because he makes it pretty clear in the speech. That's one of the main reasons I personally like the speech so much, because one of the reasons I've always loved football so much is because of how easily the game equates to life.

Even with pictures of 49ers I don't think the video really works though. It's much better in the original form:

It is arguably the best sports movie speech in all of film, and deserves a spot in the top 10 among all films.:

Which is what I pointed out in the first place the OP states it's the best "football speech", my argument is that it's a movie...therefore cannot be one of the best football speeches. Congrats on liking the movie and the "fake" speech but I could give 2 sh*ts about some false bravado when the director is yelling cut.

Hopefully this clarifies my position.

What a shallow PRlCK. Get laid or something dude.
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
What a shallow PRlCK. Get laid or something dude.

Dude, I get that you're a veteran on here who like to establish new usernames to troll, but why don't you go ahead and STFU
Wilson. Has 3 turnovers
dat n***a patton
Rafael Bush
my prediction is that someone scores their 1st career td on our O, patton, mcdonald, celek.
my weiner?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
If given a chance, I think the key guy on the offensive side of the ball should be LeMichael James or Jonathan Baldwin.

It makes me wonder sometimes why we do not go deep over the middle w/ Jonathan's size and speed.. With all the sorry-azz zebras' calling PASS interference left and right, we can get lucky and get one or two of those calls goin our way that can change the game..

Dont also forget that Seattle is missing the other starting CB.. and that his sub is not only short, but a rookie who is very raw and untested. The Cards did not shy away from him by using the size of both Fitzgerald and Floyd, so I say we do the same thing and use Jonathan Baldwin..

I say, he comes out of this game with 5 catches for 175 yards and 3 TDs..
  • thl408
Vance will come up with some critical chain moving catches.

With the FB position a question mark, I can see a lot of 1RB, 2TE, 2WR sets being used. Plus I just want to see Vance truck someone again.
Justin Smith out-beasting lynch

Originally posted by 9moon:
If given a chance, I think the key guy on the offensive side of the ball should be ; LeMichael James or Jonathan Baldwin.

Hi fans of Niners! I'm Jacques from France! I'm new to football's the sport and I saw that you have a countryman of mine on your group. You are now my official team. Go team. Viva France!
[ Edited by DatNyjerSireez on Jan 17, 2014 at 2:49 PM ]
Originally posted by ads_2006:
dat n***a patton

dis doe
Originally posted by mug0mug:
I don't think it's gonna be some surprise player that blows up this game.

If the OP post is about the speech then this thread belongs in the Lot, but it is one of the best movie speeches of all time.

You're wrong in your mocking here RabidNiner, because it is one of the best speeches in film.

I'm sure the people on here who believe in eutopian ideals love Chaplin's speech from The Great Dictator, and Braveheart's is good, there's a good one in Gladiator, 300, the park bench in Good Will Hunting, LOTR, and others, but Pacino's speech in Any Given Sunday is one of the top 10 (so is his speech near the end of Scent of a Woman).

If you can't see how it translates to the lives of all of us you aren't paying close enough attention because he makes it pretty clear in the speech. That's one of the main reasons I personally like the speech so much, because one of the reasons I've always loved football so much is because of how easily the game equates to life.

Even with pictures of 49ers I don't think the video really works though. It's much better in the original form:

It is arguably the best sports movie speech in all of film, and deserves a spot in the top 10 among all films.:

You notice Hall of Famer Jim Brown leaning against the wall arms crossed, like a Boss.

48 more hours til kickoff!!! Can't wait..
We need bowman and Willis to take over this game
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by eastie:
Try this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTjMqda19wk

Booooooo

America IS the greatest country in the world. Tired of this propaganda trying to make us feel ashamed of being American. This isn't the parking lot, so I'll stop there.

Pfft, propaganda? I find nothing wrong with that speech, it's filled with some constructive criticism and honesty. Not a bad thing to have some sense of national humility in concert with national pride.

Originally posted by eonblue:
Quintin Patton will make a huge reception to put us in FG range with time ticking down and Phil "Cash Money" Dawson seals the deal.

This, Patton will emerge as a threat eventually, why not this game. Clutch as he is, I hope we can manage to not make the game come down to Dawson's leg. He'll make it if it does, but we should aspire to more.
Share 49ersWebzone