LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 426 users in the forums

An UNSUNG HERO will RISE in the NFC Championship GAME

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Joe the Toe Nedney
The General will do something big I think if..ONLY Roman will call it. I think Kap trusts him already it's just that everyone healthy he got a hella lot receivers to throw to..

Got to get Gire running. I'm betting JH/Roman comes out calling the offense just like teh Cards & Panthers games; quick hitters, slants, the works and no long snap counts.. fuk it.. GO NINERS!!! Defense BRing the PAIN to Wilson...NINERS!

Jezzzz...is it Sunday yet? I'm gonna have freakin heart attack
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I think it'll be Patton. Got a good feeling about this kid.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
Al Pacino's Any Given Sunday speech is the best ever?

If you understood the meaning of that speech? obviously you don't. You're clueless if that speech doesn't get your adrenaline going. You prb have Jim Caldwells demeanor.

Go SF!!!

OK Fanboy. What about the Braveheart speech, doesn't that get your juices flowing?

I don't think it's gonna be some surprise player that blows up this game.

If the OP post is about the speech then this thread belongs in the Lot, but it is one of the best movie speeches of all time.

You're wrong in your mocking here RabidNiner, because it is one of the best speeches in film.

I'm sure the people on here who believe in eutopian ideals love Chaplin's speech from The Great Dictator, and Braveheart's is good, there's a good one in Gladiator, 300, the park bench in Good Will Hunting, LOTR, and others, but Pacino's speech in Any Given Sunday is one of the top 10 (so is his speech near the end of Scent of a Woman).

If you can't see how it translates to the lives of all of us you aren't paying close enough attention because he makes it pretty clear in the speech. That's one of the main reasons I personally like the speech so much, because one of the reasons I've always loved football so much is because of how easily the game equates to life.

Even with pictures of 49ers I don't think the video really works though. It's much better in the original form:

It is arguably the best sports movie speech in all of film, and deserves a spot in the top 10 among all films.:

[ Edited by mug0mug on Jan 17, 2014 at 4:16 AM ]
It will be Kap! Kap will be our hero! Go Niners! (Had to wipe a tear from my eye). He just has to pass pass pass.
T Brock with the pick 6!
Originally posted by mug0mug:
Originally posted by 9erTilDeath:
Al Pacino's Any Given Sunday speech is the best ever?

If you understood the meaning of that speech? obviously you don't. You're clueless if that speech doesn't get your adrenaline going. You prb have Jim Caldwells demeanor.

Go SF!!!

OK Fanboy. What about the Braveheart speech, doesn't that get your juices flowing?

I don't think it's gonna be some surprise player that blows up this game.

If the OP post is about the speech then this thread belongs in the Lot, but it is one of the best movie speeches of all time.

You're wrong in your mocking here RabidNiner, because it is one of the best speeches in film.

I'm sure the people on here who believe in eutopian ideals love Chaplin's speech from The Great Dictator, and Braveheart's is good, there's a good one in Gladiator, 300, the park bench in Good Will Hunting, LOTR, and others, but Pacino's speech in Any Given Sunday is one of the top 10 (so is his speech near the end of Scent of a Woman).

If you can't see how it translates to the lives of all of us you aren't paying close enough attention because he makes it pretty clear in the speech. That's one of the main reasons I personally like the speech so much, because one of the reasons I've always loved football so much is because of how easily the game equates to life.

Even with pictures of 49ers I don't think the video really works though. It's much better in the original form:

It is arguably the best sports movie speech in all of film, and deserves a spot in the top 10 among all films.:

There is.. nothing better than that ..look I'll spell it out; Any Given Sunday speech, and as far as I'm concerned no better football film. Tired of freaking high school or low college football films.. Any Given Sunday the best, speech in da best, Niners da best, fuk the Seahags.. I'm calling Patton. Kap, NOT Keap (he himself already said this is what he prefers, get with the program ya!), trusts him and makes plays late in the game when he settles down..sweet.. Is it Sunday yet..!!! NINERS!!
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
There is.. nothing better than that ..look I'll spell it out; Any Given Sunday speech, and as far as I'm concerned no better football film. Tired of freaking high school or low college football films.. Any Given Sunday the best, speech in da best, Niners da best, fuk the Seahags.. I'm calling Patton. Kap, NOT Keap (he himself already said this is what he prefers, get with the program ya!), trusts him and makes plays late in the game when he settles down..sweet.. Is it Sunday yet..!!! NINERS!!

This! A real football movie addressing the professional game in a very honest depiction and a very motivational speech. I would have run through a wall for that guy or walked on a bed of fire with a beehive on my head
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by xela510:
I dont trust LMJ at all and Seattles special team is the best in the league. Its possible but I wouldnt be waiting for it to happen. Now I can see Patton being a huge factor with most of the secondaries attention being on Crab/Q/VD.

Nope. Their punt coverage has great numbers, but that is primarily because Ryan intentionally punts high and short to benefit the coverage.

Their net isn't that much different than ours.

Short punt, no return or long punt, possible return. Just coaching strategy. I like ours better. At least we get a chance to back them up.
link

Yes I realize everyone has seen it a ton of times but this video is still worth a watch before the game...I look forward to the new one for this season

Could well be a ST guy...Dixon, Spillman or Osgood.
THE GENERAL !!!!!!!!!
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Redemption is coming

SKUTA
Originally posted by SoCold:
Redemption is coming

SKUTA

I lol when Skuta kicked the shoe
Originally posted by SoCold:
Redemption is coming

SKUTA

I was thinking the same thing. This time, when he goes to crush Wilson in the pocket he won't get called for a helmet to helmet hit because his helmet will be way above Wilson's helmet (sorry, I'm usually not big on "short" jokes, but I couldn't resist that one).
[ Edited by 49erphan on Jan 17, 2014 at 7:05 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone