There are 158 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

offensive plays of the past!

Bootleg with the TE drag near the goal line giving Colin a run pass option.
How about the Wr on the blitz side turns around for the ball ?
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Our linemen are not quick enough to throw screens. We are a power running football team.

Really? Then explain how it is they are fast and athletic enough to get out front on pulls and stretch plays. The handful of screens they did run this year had middling success. I believe it's a simple case of the screen game is just not a highly-valued weapon in the arsenal and as such, rarely gets practiced....screens are a play that relies on feel and timing between all involved: OL, QB, RB/WR...just not something you can expect great results if you only dial it up once every few games. I wish that would change, because I think they'd be d*** good at it, but there hasn't been much to indicate that HaRo are too keen on it.
Our linemen are not quick enough to throw screens. We are a power running football team.

I think bubble screens to receivers are more effective. Just no stretch run plays for the love of god.... they will blow that s**t up..
The wrap-around draw. And the pass out of a wrap-around draw. Always worked for Montana and Craig.
Originally posted by Paul_Hofer:
The wrap-around draw. And the pass out of a wrap-around draw. Always worked for Montana and Craig.

Good catch. I almost forgot about that one. They used to run it three or four times a game and it often worked because the LB's would start moving back as soon as the QB got beyond the RB.
Originally posted by defenderDX:

I think bubble screens to receivers are more effective. Just no stretch run plays for the love of god.... they will blow that s**t up..

Saints had success on stretch plays...not saying to plan on making a living on it vs SEA, but I'd like to see them stop a few before I'd abandon the idea. And I'd probably want to mix Hunter in since stretch runs aren't really Gore's thing.
SPRINT RIGHT OPTION
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
We have never been a screen team under Harbaugh, I think we ran a screen against the Rams once this year , but thats it ....Maybe Jim will surprise them and throw a couple screens when they blitz us

I've paid attention, not counting a handful of WR bubble screens...that was the lone screen and i'm not even convinced it wasn't just busted protection. Screens keep teams honest, even failed ones. Just like to see us run a screen now and again to keep teams on the their toes. Same thing with a 9 route, stretch the field for the sake of keeping the safety a few yards further from the LOS. Even if they fail!
Would like to see some quick passes like in the Arizona game week 17 just to get Kaepernick going & on point with his receivers to loosen up the defense.