LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 221 users in the forums

offensive plays of the past!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think it would be very wise to throw in some screens plays against the Seahawks because they over run a lot of plays which will be huge of moving the chains down the field . Which plays of the past do you think the 49ers should bring out against the Seahawks?
/seattle
i dont know man, every screen the Saints ran against the seahawks was blown up for a loss.
I would like to see one or two "jap" plays as Parcells called them. No offense to the orientals. Maybe a flea flicker or wr reverse pass which they actually ran last week with Boldin. I remember the 2012 game @ SEA our first play was a long Play action post incomplete to manningham. Maybe they take another shot early in this one
I was re-watching the 4th Q of the Superbowl last year and noticed 2 things.
a) After we scored our last TD (Kaep run) to pull within 2 pts of Ravens and went for 2, they all out blitzed us forcing Kaep to throw an uncatchable ball to Moss.
This kept us 2pts down. Ravens then drove and got a FG. Now down by 5 needing a TD.

b) On 4th and goal, we all remember the incompletion to Crabtree. Well again, Ravens did an all out blitz.

Both times it seems we were unprepared to handle it and both plays didnt really have a chance. I wouldnt be surprised if Seattle came at us on some important 3rd downs like this forcing an incompletion / sack.
We have never been a screen team under Harbaugh, I think we ran a screen against the Rams once this year , but thats it ....Maybe Jim will surprise them and throw a couple screens when they blitz us
Our linemen are not quick enough to throw screens. We are a power running football team.
I just hope our offense isn't offensive on Sunday
Originally posted by bigmike55:
Our linemen are not quick enough to throw screens. We are a power running football team.

Yup ...Straight up Maulers & Grinders

Originally posted by ninerhippy:
i dont know man, every screen the Saints ran against the seahawks was blown up for a loss.

And yet they kept calling it over and over again at least 7 screens maybe more and none of them worked stupid play calling like that cost the Saints the game. Bad execution and game planning overall by the Saints.
I wanna see a couple Bill Walsh Style Quick Slants ....Crabtree and Boldin can get it done
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I wanna see a couple Bill Walsh Style Quick Slants ....Crabtree and Boldin can get it done

Yes, I want to see a few Walsh type passes where the TE or a WR or a RB finds a soft spot over the middle to help Kaepernick. Five or ten yards and room to run when the DBs are covering deep and the LBs are chasing or blitzing.

And I want to see Boldin draw a couple of holding penalties!
[ Edited by dtg_9er on Jan 16, 2014 at 7:42 AM ]
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:

Yes, I want to see a few Walsh type passes where the TE or a WR or a RB finds a soft spot over the middle to help Kaepernick. Five or ten yards and room to run when the DBs are covering deep and the LBs are chasing or blitzing.

And I want to see Boldin draw a couple of holding penalties!

Maybe "the Fly Sweep" with either LMJ or Patton
Sluggo
Share 49ersWebzone