There are 106 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carlos Rogers RELEASED

Originally posted by baltien:
Not that I'm defending him, but he did make the Pro Bowl upon arriving here. Just saying that his time as a 49er wasn't all bad.

Not only was it not all bad, it was mostly good. He shut down HOF WR's more than a handful of times.

The dude isn't as good as he once was but he's still a better than average DB. He'd be at the very worst the #2 CB on a lot of teams.
Carlos is a good DB. He was just coming back from two weeks off. The pass to Kearse was perfect, literally. He was there, stuck his hand in, but it was near indefensible.

With that said, he's not worth the doe he is making. We either need to cut his salary in half or cut him and spread the doe around, maybe some to T.Brown.

I like Brown, Brock and Cully at the primaries.
Fact is, Carlos has regressed significantly from his Pro Bowl year and he's not going to get any better.

I'd say he played his last game in a Niner uniform, he needs to go.
Hes got to go. Ive respected his game, his achievements. But 50%, and I mean 50%, of all big plays given up to opposing offenses is directly because of Rogers.

Ive watched him so intently these past two months and he is by far the weak link. Remember the 750 yards passing given up to Ryan and Palmer to end the season. Yeah, Rogers was on the field trailing most of the time. We needed clutch plays from others to just get in to the playoffs. Then, we locked down the passing games of Rodgers and Newton without him.

Sorry but we need to put the $8 mil into bigger playmakers for the Niners. Ive never wanted to see Kyle Williams gone like I want to see Rogers out of here.
[ Edited by SFL49ER on Jan 20, 2014 at 6:09 PM ]
Originally posted by KungFuJoe:
Carlos is a good DB. He was just coming back from two weeks off. The pass to Kearse was perfect, literally. He was there, stuck his hand in, but it was near indefensible.

With that said, he's not worth the doe he is making. We either need to cut his salary in half or cut him and spread the doe around,

I don't disagree with this. He is a good DB and he was right there on the Kearse TD. Couldn't have played it better. I think he'd be good to keep around but his cap number makes it impossible unless he agrees to a big pay cut he's gone. But he knows that and I don't doubt he'd be willing to renegotiate.

Brown on the other hand is definitely gone.
From the time he almost got burn in the 1st quarter on a corner pattern, I knew Rogers would be a liability..

What I don't understand is how our DL stopped after committing that off sides and penalty... they shoulda kept rushing and not allow Wilson to test that bomb downfield.

With that said, he's not worth the doe he is making. We either need to cut his salary in half or cut him and spread the doe around, maybe some to T.Brown.

I like Brown, Brock and Cully at the primaries.

That ball was NOT indefensible.

He just sucks. That's it. Every time our defense needed a big stop and we get burned on a passing play, #22 was always the culprit.

It's gotta take some pretty damn thick homerism to stand behind this dude.
[ Edited by TyCore on Jan 21, 2014 at 8:56 AM ]
Originally posted by Gavintech:

With that said, he's not worth the doe he is making. We either need to cut his salary in half or cut him and spread the doe around,

I don't disagree with this. He is a good DB and he was right there on the Kearse TD. Couldn't have played it better. I think he'd be good to keep around but his cap number makes it impossible unless he agrees to a big pay cut he's gone. But he knows that and I don't doubt he'd be willing to renegotiate.

Brown on the other hand is definitely gone.

Disagree with the bold. Make a play on the ball for ONCE. We need guys in the secondary who can generate turnovers. I love what I saw out of Brock and Reid (two guys who are growing into their positions and playing solid overall). Rogers is no playmaker and has no ball skills.
He was good in the beginning of his time here, but he certainly lost at least a few steps this season.

I'm confident in Brock and Culliver, and Brown if he comes back.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Fact is, Carlos has regressed significantly from his Pro Bowl year and he's not going to get any better.

it does seem like when a DB starts declining they dont go slow. its more like BAM, they suck now.
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:

it does seem like when a DB starts declining they dont go slow. its more like BAM, they suck now.

dude had an injury the last couple of weeks, sheesh.
Rogers will likely be gone, unless he signs a much reduced contract. The team needs to find a young replacement and perhaps bring in a younger vet in FAcy.
Originally posted by kujon11:
Originally posted by GreenReaperTT:

dude had an injury the last couple of weeks, sheesh.

Not sure how his recent injury is relevant considering he was burnt toast even before getting injured.

Point still stands that he's steadily regressed ever since his one pro bowl year and we paid him that fat paycheck.
  • dara
Cut him and give Boldin his contract
Too slow, too old, and too expensive.