LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 265 users in the forums

Carlos Rogers RELEASED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Rogers is a great tackler. He will be needed for this game in any role. I welcome him back with open arms
He could have a big game, he more physical than Brock and brown cause he a bigger db, that could help outside contain on lynch, plus he had about 3 weeks rest, he has fresh legs, would be valuable when kearse,Tate, Baldwin are out there
Has anyone been watching the last 2 49ers games? Cox has looked horrible. You can tell they throw his way almost every time, guy can't cover, not the best tackler. I was getting frustrated with Cox during the green bay game, Rodgers got his best passes on him. But come on.

I would much rather Wright or Rogers playing nickel instead of Cox, Not like Cox earned it, he came in on an injured backfield.

Either way after this season, we can say bye to Rogers, Cox, and maybe even Brown, because Culliver and Brock will be our feature CB's, assuming Culliver bounces back from injury, guy was gonna kill it this year, and it would have already been Culliver and Brock.

and keep Wright at nickel or slot, and we still got the rookie morris this year.

Maybe last year for whitner? who knows.
Originally posted by eonblue:
You guys are ridiculous. Cox over Rogers? HA! Have you not seen Cox tackle in space. Hes awful and he gets pushed off in the run game. fa
Fact. After rewatching both the Seattle games Rogers is clearly the best option at NB. He was excellent at tackling in space and he's the best run support corner on the roster. Say what you will about his coverage but all our DBs have been getting beat. None of them our lockdown CBs. Brown gave up that TD to Smith. Plus Rogers had good coverage against Seattle so that may be a good WR core for him to cover. Ultimately we need his run stopping abilitg on the field as much as possible to prevent Lynch from breaking off any big ones.

This, are people actually watching the game with both eyes open? Cox has played "meh" for the most part. He's done a mediocre job when the 49ers REALLY needed someone to do a decent job. I still take Rogers over Cox, no doubt about it.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 15, 2014 at 7:19 AM ]
Originally posted by NinerDreamer11:
Has anyone been watching the last 2 49ers games? Cox has looked horrible. You can tell they throw his way almost every time, guy can't cover, not the best tackler. I was getting frustrated with Cox during the green bay game, Rodgers got his best passes on him. But come on.

I would much rather Wright or Rogers playing nickel instead of Cox, Not like Cox earned it, he came in on an injured backfield.

Either way after this season, we can say bye to Rogers, Cox, and maybe even Brown, because Culliver and Brock will be our feature CB's, assuming Culliver bounces back from injury, guy was gonna kill it this year, and it would have already been Culliver and Brock.

and keep Wright at nickel or slot, and we still got the rookie morris this year.

Maybe last year for whitner? who knows.

I would not say Cox has played horrible but certainly if we could get Rogers back to cover the slot guy that would be a significant upgrade.

I am still curious what Eric Wright did to get knocked down on the depth chart over a guy who was just picked up off the street
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I thought Cox played pretty well. He got burned on one play by their tight end. But otherwise broke up a deep pass and played solid for the most part.

The way our defense is designed...we'll give up some underneath yards.
Brock and Brown have the outside positions locked up i think. Rogers coming back will create competition for playing time out of the slot CB position.

To me, you play the CB (Rogers, Cox, Wright) based of course on health, but Who is the better tackler of the 3. Seattle will be running 25+ times in this game with Lynch. Whoever the coaches feel most confident in coming up to tackle Lynch will be the one who plays.

Seattle offensively is similar to carolina. How many times did Carolina target their 3rd WR? Prob very few. So the most important thing for that CB position to be able to do in this game is tackle the RB Lynch, and even Wilson the QB. Assuming Harvin is out, i think seattles WRs are: Tate, Baldwin and Kearse.

Watching Seattles games its clear that they target Tate the most, but on important 3rd downs they like to throw the ball 10+yds to Baldwin who has made some clutch catches for them.
In JH I trust.
Originally posted by eonblue:
You guys are ridiculous. Cox over Rogers? HA! Have you not seen Cox tackle in space. Hes awful and he gets pushed off in the run game. fa
Fact. After rewatching both the Seattle games Rogers is clearly the best option at NB. He was excellent at tackling in space and he's the best run support corner on the roster. Say what you will about his coverage but all our DBs have been getting beat. None of them our lockdown CBs. Brown gave up that TD to Smith. Plus Rogers had good coverage against Seattle so that may be a good WR core for him to cover. Ultimately we need his run stopping abilitg on the field as much as possible to prevent Lynch from breaking off any big ones.

all ive seen is RW pick on Rogers ..especially the last game.

Rogers is good with Run support and tackling

Cox is better at staying close to the WR and making the QB hesitate
Originally posted by JackPardeePants:
Rogers is a great tackler.

Originally posted by Ballistic:

He is. Just look at the tackle he made on Tony Gonzalez on a key 3rd down spot last year in the NFC Championship game
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
If Rogers has a great week of practice let him play, but I swear if I see him get beat for huge plays for 1 series his ass better be replaced. Our other cbs give up their share of plays but none do like Rogers. Our secondary and d as a whole gave Rodgers his lowest yds in his career during the playoffs at lambeau without Rogers and last Sunday held the panthers to 10.

Yup.
Rotate him in ... but if he gets torched ! Yank him

Were finally jelin !
Originally posted by redrazer45:
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
If Rogers has a great week of practice let him play, but I swear if I see him get beat for huge plays for 1 series his ass better be replaced. Our other cbs give up their share of plays but none do like Rogers. Our secondary and d as a whole gave Rodgers his lowest yds in his career during the playoffs at lambeau without Rogers and last Sunday held the panthers to 10.

Yup.
Rotate him in ... but if he gets torched ! Yank him

Were finally jelin !

Wouldn't have a problem with this at all.
  • mod
  • Veteran
I cant be the only one that doesnt remember Rogers sucking ass all of a sudden? You guys would play Cox over rogers?
Rogers is finished, waste of cap space and a roster spot. too slow and cannot tackle or cover. don't activate him.
Share 49ersWebzone