Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carlos Rogers RELEASED

Nolan Carroll Dolphins, 6'1" 205.

Say Adios Carlos!
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:

Say Adios Carlos!

Would be a classic Baalke, under the radar move. Carroll was pretty good last year.
Barrows has said we're not going to ask Rogers to take a pay cut (or release him) until after the draft.
I want Carlos to return, but realistically we need to get younger overall.
Originally posted by SFrush:
Barrows has said we're not going to ask Rogers to take a pay cut (or release him) until after the draft.

June 1st cut in other words
Originally posted by Harbaalke:

June 1st cut in other words

I think CBA rules allow teams to designate a player as a "June 1st" cut, without having to actually wait until June 1st. That prevents the player from getting screwed over and missing the initial free agency period.

I'm cool with the team taking a wait and see approach on this. We have to find out what happens with Brown, and whether we find a good CB early in the draft. We're not desperate for cap space at the moment.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

Basically saying, if our CB is not there when we pick, Rogers will be dealt with then.
Originally posted by Kolohe:

Basically saying, if our CB is not there when we pick, Rogers will be dealt with then.

Yeah. Which is logical
Can we trade Carlos and avoid any cap ramifications?
Can we trade Carlos and avoid any cap ramifications?

I think we'll probably take a cap hit for any prorated(guaranteed) money that is left on the deal. Same if we cut him.
What is taking us so long to release him?
Originally posted by SofaKing:

Say Adios Carlos!

Would be a classic Baalke, under the radar move. Carroll was pretty good last year.

Absolutely. You guys are thinking like Baalke and this is a Baalke-like move. Great eye for (cheap) talent.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I don't want to re-sign any old farts.
Corey Graham of the Baltimore Ravens is a player that I would be excited to see us sign if the price is right. Played mostly as a nickel corner with the Raven's last year. Great size and speed. Something old man Rogers is lacking these days.
I think we see how the draft goes and how free agency goes then designate him as a June 1st cut so we can split the 2.989 in dead money over 2 years. If we lose Whitner and Brown probably a better chance we keep him but that being said I think we will ask him to be around 2-2.5 mil for 1-2 years and he will decline. So I think he is gone and when we designate him as a June 1st cut some time after the draft we then can use his 6.6 mil towards an extension(s) for next year's FAs.