LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 265 users in the forums

Carlos Rogers RELEASED

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by reasonable1:
Originally posted by DeUh:
It should not be so easy to say that a man should lose his job. But man does he go on my nerves with those comments about most snaps etc. He played solid for us. But that doesnt change the fact that he is the weakest link in the secondary.

Every big play Seattle got in the CG had Rogers on the other end of it. Time to go. Thanks for 3 solid (1 great) years Carlos.

They knew he was the weak link and went after him.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:
Only time this dude gives everything he's got is 1) in his contract year and 2) once he gets burned a few times and the spotlight is on him

Other than that, he plays half-assed at best.

I admit, I hadn't noticed it before but I just re-watched all our games this season and a chunk of games from 2011-2012...dude is flat-out LAZY unless the fire is on his ass. I can see what the Washington fans were complaining about now when he played for them. They told us he basically coasted his whole time but we as 49ers fans were just happy to not have Nate Clements back there gettin burned, we settled.

He needs to go. It will give Culliver extra incentive to win that job back too..
I'm not sure if the timing has anything to do w/the cap ramifications.

Resigning this guy is a non-starter.
He was a nice pick-up when we got him and he has been valuable but, we need to move on and allow someone else to develop. It would be nice if we can keep Whitner to help bring someone along.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
don't currrrrr
Originally posted by SaksV:
Only time this dude gives everything he's got is 1) in his contract year and 2) once he gets burned a few times and the spotlight is on him

I admit, I hadn't noticed it before but I just re-watched all our games this season and a chunk of games from 2011-2012...dude is flat-out LAZY unless the fire is on his ass. I can see what the Washington fans were complaining about now when he played for them. They told us he basically coasted his whole time but we as 49ers fans were just happy to not have Nate Clements back there gettin burned, we settled.

He needs to go. It will give Culliver extra incentive to win that job back too..

Dude has/had all the talent in the world too. He just doesn't have the passion or heart. He got his contract (6 INT's in his contract year) and a collective 3 since. And it's not even that...like you said, if you just spot-watch him, it stands out like a sore thumb. Donatell needed to stay on this dude or replace him. It cost us in the NFCCG (as was the decision to start him over Cox).
Wouldn't bring him back for a bag of chips. Drop his ass like we have no choice. He's old, gets burned in coverage and is a liability in big games, and has coasted ever since he got paid. He makes far too much money to be the weak link and his lack of heart and half assed effort pisses me off . Cut him and inject some young blood in our secondary with kids that are hungry and willing to play hard and give 100% each game. I've already penciled in my preferred replacement for Rogers - TCU CB Jason Verrett, Bay Area guy born and raised. Adios Carlos!

Washington fans tried to tell us. They said he has stone hands, terrible vision, and struggles locating the ball. How right they were.
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by crabman82:
so when does this guy get cut?

Hope we give him the mooch version of being released.

what's the mooch version?
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If anyone wants to do research here is a good place.. 2014 is the 1st link and 2015 is the 2nd link
http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=49ers&Year=2014
http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=49ers&Year=2015

Click the cap savings button will show you biggest amount saved if cut. If in parenthesis you don't save any money you lose money if you cut them. Click dead money that will order it by most dead money if cut. You can look who has the biggest cap amount, etc.

Otherwise, here is AB's website although you cant re-sort his by any category you wish. His are sorted by biggest cap amount.
http://ninercaphell.com/2014-salaries/
http://ninercaphell.com/2015-salaries/

Why does AJ Jenkins have dead money? We traded the player and the contract. There shouldn't be any dead money linked to him.

Originally posted by NeonNiner:

Washington fans tried to tell us. They said he has stone hands, terrible vision, and struggles locating the ball. How right they were.

Fans are usually pretty honest a few days after a trade or loss. And usually spot on.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheGoldDiggerrrr:
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
link

lol link, what! go read all the articles on the front page if you don't your dead to me as a niner fan...

Excuse me, but some of us 49er fans are slow, intellectually challenged. Links are nice for us slow ones.

But, what frigging link are you two talking about here. Forgive me but I am also tired.
[ Edited by buck on Mar 4, 2014 at 2:20 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erTravis:
Originally posted by Gore_21:
If anyone wants to do research here is a good place.. 2014 is the 1st link and 2015 is the 2nd link
http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=49ers&Year=2014
http://overthecap.com/teamcap.php?Team=49ers&Year=2015

Click the cap savings button will show you biggest amount saved if cut. If in parenthesis you don't save any money you lose money if you cut them. Click dead money that will order it by most dead money if cut. You can look who has the biggest cap amount, etc.

Otherwise, here is AB's website although you cant re-sort his by any category you wish. His are sorted by biggest cap amount.
http://ninercaphell.com/2014-salaries/
http://ninercaphell.com/2015-salaries/

Why does AJ Jenkins have dead money? We traded the player and the contract. There shouldn't be any dead money linked to him.

Due to his bonus when signed, that was paid out when he signed his rookie deal, and after june 1, it prorates over 2 seasons.

Also NCH will be getting a new look come September at latest, hoping sooner.
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Due to his bonus when signed, that was paid out when he signed his rookie deal, and after june 1, it prorates over 2 seasons.

Also NCH will be getting a new look come September at latest, hoping sooner.

Ok I understand that, but we traded the contract and all rights to it. I thought dead money only applied to cut players. The Eagles need to pay that sum, not the niners, Please correct me if im wrong. Thanks....
Dare I suggest it. Browner?
Share 49ersWebzone