There are 77 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Carlos Rogers RELEASED

Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
I'd rather take his brother Aaron

lol
Originally posted by tondiman:
I hope Rogers, Culliver, and Whitner go.

As much as I like Whitner (a lot), his penalties just ruin us (regardless if he's at fault or not) just like Goldston.

It would be hard to replace two DB's and a Saftey though..

U wot?

• titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tondiman:
I hope Rogers, Culliver, and Whitner go.

As much as I like Whitner (a lot), his penalties just ruin us (regardless if he's at fault or not) just like Goldston.

It would be hard to replace two DB's and a Saftey though..

That's the craziest thing I heard in a while! I wouldn't want to see any of them go but Rogers is the most likely. Whitner is one if our enforcers back there! And to say release him regardless it was a bad call makes that statement even worse.
Fred Gore will he return, he returns a Gire, father of the prophet Willisbeasts.
I want Rogers to be cut, we need to use his cap space to resign Boldin/use for extensions.

On a side note, I wonder how Rogers would do as a safety?
  • tjace
  • Veteran
Originally posted by matt49er:
I want Rogers to be cut, we need to use his cap space to resign Boldin/use for extensions.

On a side note, I wonder how Rogers would do as a safety?

Fangio seems to like Safety's that can help with the run too.

Personally I hope he and Brown don't come back next season. We draft Kyle Fuller in the 2nd and let Cully, Wright, Brock, and Fuller fight for spots.
so when does this guy get cut?
Originally posted by crabman82:
so when does this guy get cut?

Hope we give him the mooch version of being released.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
It should not be so easy to say that a man should lose his job. But man does he go on my nerves with those comments about most snaps etc. He played solid for us. But that doesnt change the fact that he is the weakest link in the secondary.
Originally posted by DeUh:
It should not be so easy to say that a man should lose his job. But man does he go on my nerves with those comments about most snaps etc. He played solid for us. But that doesnt change the fact that he is the weakest link in the secondary.

Every big play Seattle got in the CG had Rogers on the other end of it. Time to go. Thanks for 3 solid (1 great) years Carlos.
  • MarkD
  • Veteran
Should have released his dumb ass last year. In rewatching some of the games from this last season he clearly was not giving a 100% effort. Many occasions during games he would move out of the way instead of making the tackle.
The dude has clearly lost a few steps over the last few years. Not fair to cover a 24 year old speedy slot WR with 32 year old legs. In the words of Snoop Dogg....We need to "drop him like it's hot!"
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
I've finally joined the Cut Carlos Caravan
I wouldn't be surprised if Carlos took a pay cut and came back to compete for a roster spot? ....when he was a free agent last time, didn't he say "I don't wanna go play for some sorry team?" ....but it's obvious we need a couple more CB's with youth, speed and potential in the secondary
Originally posted by MarkD:
Should have released his dumb ass last year. In rewatching some of the games from this last season he clearly was not giving a 100% effort. Many occasions during games he would move out of the way instead of making the tackle.

Only time this dude gives everything he's got is 1) in his contract year and 2) once he gets burned a few times and the spotlight is on him

Other than that, he plays half-assed at best.