LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 226 users in the forums

Inside source:if we lose Sunday, Roman is going to Cleveland

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by AUniner:
I think it'd be a good place for him. Draft best QB available. Start Hoyer or Campbell for a year. Get a RB - Kendall Hunter trade? Draft a TE at the end of the first. Bring in some Vet FA's. They've got picks to burn atm, play good defense and have some good players around the field.

The problem is he won't be able to bring in his own DC since the Browns signed Jim Schwartz to be the DC.
Originally posted by robniner:
I think it'd be a good place for him. Draft best QB available. Start Hoyer or Campbell for a year. Get a RB - Kendall Hunter trade? Draft a TE at the end of the first. Bring in some Vet FA's. They've got picks to burn atm, play good defense and have some good players around the field.

The problem is he won't be able to bring in his own DC since the Browns signed Jim Schwartz to be the DC.
i doubt any coach would want to go where things are already in place
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

That, I didn't know. I can't stand Schwartz.

Still, they probably have an agreement in place with one of 3 OC's still in the playoffs so it was probably discussed already. Roman is a logical choice coming from an underachieving team that is now a perennial contender. They just need a couple of pieces, QB, RB & TE to get started. Run the ball and take care of your young QB. Let him learn the game.

The OP has a 33% chance of being on the money.
  • GEEK
  • Veteran

He's rumored to be the DC, but I haven't seen any links that state he's officially the DC.
None of the quality HC candidates want to coach Cleveland. If you were among the dozen or so people getting discussed for NFL head coaching jobs, would you take the one where you head a crappy team in a crappy city where the front office may well fire you in a season or less if you don't work miracles? Or just hold onto the cache you've built up and wait until a good opportunity presents itself? I doubt he's desperate to get out of SF.
[ Edited by mug0mug on Jan 16, 2014 at 1:36 AM ]
The problem with Chud, he was not picked by mike lombardi who came in after chud was hired. Correct? So ML is going to draft a certain player type for offense and defense and the coaches have to fit that.

The browns and the redskins are the two worst to work for and maybe add in Jerry Jones.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

That, I didn't know. I can't stand Schwartz.

Still, they probably have an agreement in place with one of 3 OC's still in the playoffs so it was probably discussed already. Roman is a logical choice coming from an underachieving team that is now a perennial contender. They just need a couple of pieces, QB, RB & TE to get started. Run the ball and take care of your young QB. Let him learn the game.

The OP has a 33% chance of being on the money.

They might as well give the HC job to Schwartz. No one smart would take the job, but Schwartz might.
  • Jiks
@AdamSchefter

Browns now scheduling second interview with Bills DC Mike Pettine, and are considering Seahawks DC Dan Quinn as well as "other candidates."

Tell your source to SMD.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
@AdamSchefter

Browns now scheduling second interview with Bills DC Mike Pettine, and are considering Seahawks DC Dan Quinn as well as "other candidates."

Tell your source to SMD.
+1
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
locking this now.

Share 49ersWebzone