LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Inside source:if we lose Sunday, Roman is going to Cleveland

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by buck:
If I remember correctly that interview after the Green Bay game was with a college team.

I am completely sure that neither Roman or Tomsula go to the Browns, which probably means that is exactly what will happen.

To be honest Buck, I have no idea who is going where, I am just stirring the pot, who do I look like Adam Schefter or something
Originally posted by SixtyMins:
Roman stayed behind to be interviewed after the GreenBay Game..........We thought it was to interview with the Vikings, which was wrong because the Vikings came to Carolina to interview Roman and Tomsula. Roman is going to be the coach of the Browns and he will probably take Tomsula as his DC

He can't just "take" Tomsula. DL coach to coordinator is not a promotion. I believe Tomsula still has another year on his contract, 49ers can block him from going anywhere the same way they blocked Donatell from even interviewing with another team.

Donatell on the other hand would be a freebie, his contract is up, teams don't need the 49ers permission to interview or hire him as a DC.
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
He stayed back for penn st I believe, definitely not Cleveland. I remember seeing a reporter tweet about it. Cleveland is all about waiting for gase the OC of Denver

No Fred he is going to Cleveland, just you watch. ..................all kidding aside..........I dont want to lose our OC at all. We are a team that has been to three straight Conf Championships so at this moment I will pass on any change
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
He can't just "take" Tomsula. DL coach to coordinator is not a promotion. I believe Tomsula still has another year on his contract, 49ers can block him from going anywhere the same way they blocked Donatell from even interviewing with another team.

Donatell on the other hand would be a freebie, his contract is up, teams don't need the 49ers permission to interview or hire him as a DC.

I could be wrong here, but I believe a DC is a promotion from DL coach, a DL coach reports to the DC........but I could be wrong
  • dugo
  • Veteran
If we lose???
Penn State was foolish not to hire Roman, The guy can coach and is good at taking advantage of defensive tendencies quickly. With that said i think Harbs will look for a more pass friendly OC if he goes.
I could be wrong here, but I believe a DC is a promotion from DL coach, a DL coach reports to the DC........but I could be wrong

This. It is a promotion.
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
My buddy who babysits for the Worthingtons 6 y/o son on Saturday evenings, girlfriends father knows a janitor by the name of Jeff Salsbury who works at the local high school off bull way in oro grande said that the girl he dated 14 years ago named Sally "Shake n bake" Cunninghaminski is related to a former gang member turned public speaker, Jackson Cowabunga (legally changed his last name when the teenage mutant ninja turtles were big) who once spoke to a group of children in the greater north dakota area who ran into Fluffy Evans who is a sports agent for the late great Willie Upton (Professional Curler) said that the Brownsville Brownies were intrested in Roman... Jus saying..

LMFAO!
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
So what? You guys don't like him all year anyway. Now he is leaving and you are nervous? LOL. Harbaugh can be the default OC, QB coach too. And he kind of is. Plus he can call the plays if need be.

He's been OK since Crabtree returned. Before that he was terrible. I don't care if he leaves or not.
If roman leaves, he's gonna purge our staff fer shure

My buddy, Fuzzbutt the talking mouse, told me today that Alicia Keys has the hots for me.
Irrelevant. We aint losing
Originally posted by socalniner:
Irrelevant. We aint losing

We agree on something? Marvelous!
Originally posted by pdizo916:
If roman leaves, he's gonna purge our staff fer shure

Guarantee he'll make tomsula his DC
Originally posted by SportsFan:

This. It is a promotion.
Def a promotion, def a promotion that can be blocked by the team.

Only going from position/coord spot to head coach is non-blockable.

Just last season, Donatell was blocked from taking a DC pos.
[ Edited by Shorteous on Jan 15, 2014 at 3:15 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone