There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ahmad Brooks Goal Line Stand

Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Brooks in the middle is what Fangio calls "the meat package".

Someone say "meat package"?

Looks like a Village People Moustache
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Don't let a couple of goal line stands sway you to think he should/could be a MLB. I'm sure he could do it, but just so happens we have a couple of "pretty good" ILB's. Besides that, Ahmad's value as a pass rusher is off-the-charts. Let's face it, he could play any of the LB positions and thrive.

Again not permanently jus at the goal line within the 5.
Originally posted by fryet:
Yes, I believe the 49ers will stick with it. Presumably brooks weighs more than Willis/Bowman, so putting him in the middle, gives added defense of runs up the middle. The risk is probably runs to the outside. With only 5 on the line of scrimmage, it will be easier for a tackle/tight end to seal the edge. I assume in that situation, the 49ers are depending on the speed of Willis/Bowman to reach the edge before the RB does. Against a speed rusher like Chris Johnson, I bet they would go back to a 6-2 alignment.

Yea that was the only thing I was ifs bout since Ahmad cant run side line to side line or at least I dont think so?
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Don't let a couple of goal line stands sway you to think he should/could be a MLB. I'm sure he could do it, but just so happens we have a couple of "pretty good" ILB's. Besides that, Ahmad's value as a pass rusher is off-the-charts. Let's face it, he could play any of the LB positions and thrive.

Again not permanently jus at the goal line within the 5.
And hey WHY not pull a madden and set Willie at OLB!?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home