LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Ahmad Brooks Goal Line Stand

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by KungFuJoe:
I'm all for it gets rid of the other two scrubs in the middle.

this
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:

lol thread fail. I wasnt trying to suggest permanently set Ahmad at MLB jus at the goaline,
Brooks is slowly becoming a big game legend.
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Yes, I believe the 49ers will stick with it. Presumably brooks weighs more than Willis/Bowman, so putting him in the middle, gives added defense of runs up the middle. The risk is probably runs to the outside. With only 5 on the line of scrimmage, it will be easier for a tackle/tight end to seal the edge. I assume in that situation, the 49ers are depending on the speed of Willis/Bowman to reach the edge before the RB does. Against a speed rusher like Chris Johnson, I bet they would go back to a 6-2 alignment.
Brooks in the middle is what Fangio calls "the meat package".
Originally posted by FourNine49:
dumb

Not dumb. In those situations at least, Fangio was a genius doing that.
That contract extension was so worth it
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Nothing new for him. He played some middle linebacker in college, and was also the Bengals starting middle linebacker before he got injured and we claimed him off waivers.

He was a middle linebacker in college. Didn't just spend time there and he was pretty darn good as I recall.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Not sure what the OP is suggesting...
Originally posted by verb1der:

Someone say "meat package"?

Versatile LB that fell in the draft because he smoked freaking weed. Big damn deal. Thank god he was in the rotation for the joint in college. We got a steal. Dude has been so awesome this year.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Versatile LB that fell in the draft because he smoked freaking weed. Big damn deal. Thank god he was in the rotation for the joint in college. We got a steal. Dude has been so awesome this year.

thanks Cinci for giving up on him too early
Don't let a couple of goal line stands sway you to think he should/could be a MLB. I'm sure he could do it, but just so happens we have a couple of "pretty good" ILB's. Besides that, Ahmad's value as a pass rusher is off-the-charts. Let's face it, he could play any of the LB positions and thrive.
On almost any other team Brooks would make a good ILB...he played the position in college and with the Bungles. We converted him because we had Willis.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20091219/sports/912199985
[ Edited by Jakemall on Jan 15, 2014 at 1:54 PM ]
Originally posted by DontSitOnTheHood:
Originally posted by verb1der:

Someone say "meat package"?

Looks like a Village People Moustache
Share 49ersWebzone