There are 196 users in the forums

Be the Expert: How do we overcome these challenges vs. Seattle?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
49Allthetime....which aspect of my analysis do you disagree? I have SF WRs as superior to Seattle...Also TE. Perhaps you can argue that Harbaugh is better than Carol...I can be convinced...everything else is very debateable...I forgot to add home field advantage!
49Allthetime....which aspect of my analysis do you disagree? I have SF WRs as superior to Seattle...Also TE. Perhaps you can argue that Harbaugh is better than Carol...I can be convinced...everything else is very debateable...I forgot to add home field advantage!
Originally posted by Kelvin:
Come on guys...its more than taking care of the ball...think back to the last game...both sides for the most part (at least until the end of the game) took care of the ball...thats so cliche...I broke it down completely...I think we are better on offense ,...they are better on defense!

its not a cliche.
we left a lot of points on the board the last time we played.

and even in week 2 we blocked a punt was in the red zone and it ended with an interception.

when we don't turn the ball over with silly mistakes their defense can't do anything to us.

their offense getting 5 extra possessions while ours turns it over 5 times is the difference in the game.

look at the last game. if kap throws that out crab is in for a td and the game isn't even close anymore.

instead it's a turnover. and we don't extend the lead.

this time they will be ready there is no fear they will execute on offense and defense.
Turnovers is everything with two similar, evenly matched teams. We lost the turnover battle 5-1 in week 2, giving them a short field all game long, and we were blown out. Week 14 we take care of the ball, win a close ball game. Turnovers mean everything.
Originally posted by b9er37:
I hate to say it but we must play ball control. Even if gore isn't getting anything we must keep running. If we can keep it close at the end I have no doubt we will win. The coaches have to control their emotions up there.

why hate to say this? this is what we should do every game.
get the ball, put together a drive and score touchdowns.

the more snaps our offense takes, the less the defense takes and the fresher they are during the game.

look at our games won and games lost and the snap differential

in games we've won we'd have even or more snaps on offense than defense save for maybe 1 or 2

when we lose the other team sometimes has 20 more offensive snaps than our defense.

we keep the defensive snaps in the 50's that means our offense is controlling the ball converting and scoring it also means our defense is killing drives not giving up points and getting off the field.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Turnovers is everything with two similar, evenly matched teams. We lost the turnover battle 5-1 in week 2, giving them a short field all game long, and we were blown out. Week 14 we take care of the ball, win a close ball game. Turnovers mean everything.

if we don't turn the ball over last time we played we win by more points than we did.

it's really that simple. we need to force turnovers as well though. disrupt their offense and get them into 3rd and longs. 3rd and longs and keeping wilson in the cage which i believe we can do is key.

i see us putting it all together sunday and 2 weeks from then. something about this team, they just will, will themselves to victory and i believe kap is going to have a huge chip on his shoulder due to how he performed the 2 times he was up there.

The only thing you have is Noise
I really think we need to worry about next year! This year...we should just chalk it up to running into a team which was better. Next year perhaps!

Lets see...
RW > CK
Seattle Def > SF Def
Lynch > Gore
SF WRs > Sea WRs
Carrol=Harbaugh

Conclusion: Easy win for Seattle

I hate to say this given how much I love the Niners! GO NINERS!

Well, despite the fact that you are an obvious troll (btw, it's "Go Hawks!" not "Go Niners!"...Niner fans generally don't resort to that type of cliche at the end of their posts...) I will offer the following rebuttal:

Kap > Wilson. There was a time in the middle of this season that it looked pretty clear that Wilson was playing better than Kap. However, lately (to the chagrin of many) the tide has turned. Kap has been playing much better and Wilson has struggled. At this moment the stats would indicate that Kap is playing better than Wilson right now.

Defense. About equal. Perhaps a slight nod to Seattle, considering they are at home, but really, the Niners have been playing at an elite level the second half of this year. No way you can simply chalk this one up in the win column.

Lynch and Gore...well, both RB's have cooled off down the stretch. Suffice to say that San Fran finished 3rd this year and Seattle finished 4th this year in rushing yards. Looks pretty close to me.

SF WR's > Seattle WR's. That is a no-brainer.

Harbaugh > Carrol. Harbaugh's only equal is Bilicheck. He is an elite coach.

Factor in that the Niners are hot, and that they are as good on the road as they are at home. Yes, Seattle is a tough place to play, but you have never played the Niners at their best in the Clink. The Niners are and will be at their best. Good luck!
Come on now 49allthetime...what about Sherman...Crabtree will be negated by SHerman....also...Maxwell will take care of Bolden....and never mind those two guys...Kap would be facing so much pressure on the inside...he wont know whats hit him!
Come on now 49allthetime...what about Sherman...Crabtree will be negated by SHerman....also...Maxwell will take care of Bolden....and never mind those two guys...Kap would be facing so much pressure on the inside...he wont know whats hit him!

Sherman would have to cover Crabtree, because Boldin OWNED Sherman earlier this year!

so what happened the last game...you are living in the past
Forget the X's & O's it's about the Jim's and Joe's. Total team effort. Every one contributes.

My final thought on this game - Sometimes you just got to punch the bully right in the mouth..
And that's what I expect to see..

maxwell can't cover boldin or they would have put him on him
also remember that crabtree was 2nd week back crabtree. not this full crabtree to go with boldin. you forget about vernon davis as well or is that just an easy cover?

and who's front is more dangerous seattle's? or the team we just played who had the most sacks in the entire nfl?

keep em coming kelvin
Wisconsin thank you for the intelligent and articulate response.

Kap > WIlson you say....shouldnt you look at the whole body of work? i.e their entire 2 years?....if you say that Kap has better WRs around him...doesnt that make Wilson the better QB.

Defense: Agree with you that the margin of advantage is slight! But a reminder to you...the Seahawks will be getting KJ Wright back and that guys a stud!

Lynch > Gore...You failed to say it...Lynch is considerably better...he was the reason why Seattle beat the Saints...Gore is getting old!

SF WR > Seattle WR...No brainer...but dont underestimate the role Percy Harvin has....

Harbaugh > Carol: I will give you this one!

SF is hotter than Seattle : Agree with you there too!

Here is another one for you to ponder....
SF has had to travel alot in the last 2 weeks: Lets see...
SF to GB...4 hour flight, SF to Carolina....5 hour flight.... SF to Seattle....2 hour flight!
mods can you do your jobs please.
Share 49ersWebzone