LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

Be the Expert: How do we overcome these challenges vs. Seattle?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Geeked:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
we need to run some screens (which we never do for some reason). play action roll outs, and Kaep has to buy some time for our WRs to get open.

take advantage of the defense being extra aggressive. we can draw some penalties or catch them off guard with some deep passes early on.

hopefully, we can actually make something happen on special teams. we need a a big return or two, even if it doesn't result in a TD.

Seahawks tend to blow up screens by playing like we do -- man to man and allow free roaming 'backers to rush and/or using stunts. I saw the Saints not have much success as far as this. The linebackers can redirect easier than linemen, and theirs are very talented and very athletic and can knife through pretty easily usually to shut down screens.

Seattle's defense is susceptible to the following:

- Quick players/quick routes.

- Crossing/drag routes (to an extent): They allow them, but it depends how much punishment or risk of punishment you want to take. You're going to have to successfully run some clear-out routes to avoid that. Seattle likes to punish you over the middle with their safeties and linebackers to discourage you from doing it often in the game.

- Double moves (if you have the time for them), which kind of applies to quick stuff because the Seattle secondary for the most part are not great at turning upfield quickly and defending deep passes.

And that's about it.

I think the 49ers have an answer for each of your points. Below in order:

- Crabtree and Patton

- AB and VD

- Crabtree

I think the key will be pass blocking. If the 49ers can pass block, this game changes, dramatically. Same goes for the Seahawks. If Wilson is given time to throw, he will find an open receiver with the 49ers secondary.

It's scary how the recipe for beating both teams seems to be identical.

The ground game will be important. Who can win the battle at the LOS. If Gore can run, that opens up a crapload of stuff as far as deep routes and double-moves.
1- Stop Marshawn Lynch..this is by far the most important challenge in the game, and the one that will put us closer to victory more than any other. (if we succeed)
2- Make Frank go, we need at least 22 carries for 85.
3- Unleash the zone read option or some new wrinkle but use kaps legs
4- Rush the midget
5- Win the special teams battle
Offense:

Really simple, get Kap runnin'.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
the biggest challenge in this game are things we can control

- secure the football and dont turn it over
- get the play in to Kaep quickly so were not forced to use TO's or get delay of game penalties.
- Maintain composure as both teams will want to set the physical tone early.
- make whatever adjustments are needed at the half (Excellent job at half vs. Carolina)

Personally i feel this will be a close game in the 4th Q. So the freshest team in the 4th Q will probably win. That being said, we need to limit the 3 and outs. Take whatever the defense gives you as every 2-3yd gain helps. Even 1 first down on a drive gives the defense another 5-10min of rest.

I am not concerned with what Seattle plans on doing. Both teams know eachother and it comes down to execution.

Agree
I hate to say it but we must play ball control. Even if gore isn't getting anything we must keep running. If we can keep it close at the end I have no doubt we will win. The coaches have to control their emotions up there.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Kap needs to continue to play for the first down instead of always looking for the big play. In our last game in Seattle, we had several chances where a simple checkdown could have worked, but Kap was intent on making a big play.

Every defense has weak spots....Kap needs to study hard and play sharp to find them and exploit them.
Originally posted by b9er37:
I hate to say it but we must play ball control. Even if gore isn't getting anything we must keep running. If we can keep it close at the end I have no doubt we will win. The coaches have to control their emotions up there.

Agree for the most part. If you can take a solid running game and good defense with you on the road, you have a great shot at beating anybody. The Seahawks' defense really thrives at home generating turnovers, rushing the passer, mugging receivers, and letting the crowd noise throw off the timing of the offense. Sticking with the run will help counter a lot of that.

But at the same time, we need to be balanced. That defense is too good to become one-dimensional. There will be instances when we have to throw to sustain drives. If Kap doesn't make the throws on key 3rd downs, we won't win.
[b]Simply Put, Our Defense has to win this game. They have to set the tone, even if it takes a 15 yard roughing penalty. Its gonna take turnovers and a bunch of Seattle 3 & outs to win this game. Ahmad Brooks and Aldon need to Bull rush and NOT speed rush in order to keep #3 in the pocket while Ray Mac and Justin get a good push up the middle.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
1 thru 5 = The offensive line has to take control and dominate... period!
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by cciowa:
bullet point number two is not worth answering

sounds like a troll to me with these how do's

lol... "Lock-down secondary" "Kaepernick's inability to go through progressions"

could be viewed as trollish

I really think we need to worry about next year! This year...we should just chalk it up to running into a team which was better. Next year perhaps!

Lets see...
RW > CK
Seattle Def > SF Def
Lynch > Gore
SF WRs > Sea WRs
Carrol=Harbaugh

Conclusion: Easy win for Seattle

I hate to say this given how much I love the Niners! GO NINERS!
simply take care of the football.

our offense does that there's really nothing they can do.
Come on guys...its more than taking care of the ball...think back to the last game...both sides for the most part (at least until the end of the game) took care of the ball...thats so cliche...I broke it down completely...I think we are better on offense ,...they are better on defense!
Originally posted by Kelvin:
I really think we need to worry about next year! This year...we should just chalk it up to running into a team which was better. Next year perhaps!

Lets see...
RW > CK
Seattle Def > SF Def
Lynch > Gore
SF WRs > Sea WRs
Carrol=Harbaugh

Originally posted by Kelvin:

Lets see...
RW > CK
Seattle Def > SF Def
Lynch > Gore
SF WRs > Sea WRs
Carrol=Harbaugh

Comedy
Share 49ersWebzone