There are 294 users in the forums

Be the Expert: How do we overcome these challenges vs. Seattle?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Find Seattle's PED stash and replace it with estrogen pills.
Establishing the run is essential. I would force Seattle to declare early by shifting Sherman's receiver to the opposite side, and keeping an unbalanced line on the other. If they are in man, Sherman moves across. If zone, he'll keep the edge on his side. If in man, it is a perfect opportunity to run away from the receiver side with the read option. If zone, flood Sherman's side with Davis and Gore - short passes. Force Seattle to defend side line to side line.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by cciowa:
bullet point number two is not worth answering

sounds like a troll to me with these how do's
on a side note whenever you see a post that starts out...."am i the only one".. you know it will not end well. i hope we get off to a good start on offense with just a simple first down. a quick three and out will have those head lice infested people foaming at the mouth
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
bullet point number two is not worth answering

sounds like a troll to me with these how do's
on a side note whenever you see a post that starts out...."am i the only one".. you know it will not end well. i hope we get off to a good start on offense with just a simple first down. a quick three and out will have those head lice infested people foaming at the mouth
with all four questions...it does not sound like a person who follows the team
Offensively get the play into Kap fast and establish the running game. Seahawks db's like to to jam and hold off the line so a quick slant will help counter this and more likely draw a flag. Defensively wrap up tackles, keep wilson in pocket, avoid giving up the big play.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
we need to run some screens (which we never do for some reason). play action roll outs, and Kaep has to buy some time for our WRs to get open.

take advantage of the defense being extra aggressive. we can draw some penalties or catch them off guard with some deep passes early on.

hopefully, we can actually make something happen on special teams. we need a a big return or two, even if it doesn't result in a TD.

Screen passes are meant to take advantage of a blind, lift the gates and release the hounds, pass rush. Against Colin Kaepernick teams try and do a very disciplined rush where they stay in their lanes and do not over-run the pocket. Teams also employ a spy LB who will see a screen coming from a mile away as he watches Kap. Screen passes for the 49ers to a RB would generally be a wasted play... maybe it could go big if the defense misses tackles but more often than not the defense is going to sniff it out with how they defend Kap.

Half Time
[ Edited by Since07 on Jan 14, 2014 at 7:00 PM ]
Biggest issue will be the Seahawks DB's allowed to mug our receivers. Refs are letting these guys in the playoffs and the Seahawks excel at mugging receiver down the field
Originally posted by midrdan:
Establishing the run is essential. I would force Seattle to declare early by shifting Sherman's receiver to the opposite side, and keeping an unbalanced line on the other. If they are in man, Sherman moves across. If zone, he'll keep the edge on his side. If in man, it is a perfect opportunity to run away from the receiver side with the read option. If zone, flood Sherman's side with Davis and Gore - short passes. Force Seattle to defend side line to side line.

We can't come out and just expect to run the ball. That won't happen. Has to be like against Green Bay and esspecially Carolina. The passing game will open up the running game
Just keep doing what has gotten us here, play sound, fundamental football. We are the better team.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Just keep doing what has gotten us here, play sound, fundamental football. We are the better team.

do not let seattle get in our heads , kind of like how carolina allowed our players to get inside of their heads. so far it sounds like there are no silly distractions coming out of niner headquarters this week. Jh is not letting himself get sucked into him vs pete or him vs sherman. complete focus
Call in bomb threats at key roadways to the C-Lunk to prevent the Texas A&M Aggies from entering the stadium. But far enough so the game goes on.

That should deal with the noise.
Spike the seahawks Gatorade with weed.
The technology is there, why don't they put speakers in the helmets?
the biggest challenge in this game are things we can control

- secure the football and dont turn it over
- get the play in to Kaep quickly so were not forced to use TO's or get delay of game penalties.
- Maintain composure as both teams will want to set the physical tone early.
- make whatever adjustments are needed at the half (Excellent job at half vs. Carolina)

Personally i feel this will be a close game in the 4th Q. So the freshest team in the 4th Q will probably win. That being said, we need to limit the 3 and outs. Take whatever the defense gives you as every 2-3yd gain helps. Even 1 first down on a drive gives the defense another 5-10min of rest.

I am not concerned with what Seattle plans on doing. Both teams know eachother and it comes down to execution.
Share 49ersWebzone