There are 300 users in the forums

Film Analysis: @Seattle Seahawks Week 2 *REQUEST*

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by eonblue:
Honestly I like the plays concept. This is essentially a cover 0 which means there's no safety over the top and tons of space behind the CB the only problem the press is so good that by time Boldin beats it the entire defense sees that Kaep has kept it and Thomas is able to make up the ground. Really Kaep could've made that throw too but IMO that is not his strongest throw and he didn't feel confidant with it. This is what you have to do to Seattle. Test those corners on the boundary. If Boldin beats that press sooner then he's wide open over the top for days. Maybe this play was doomed to fail but in general I hope they isolate those corners and really try to expose them in man. Browner is gone and I know Maxwell isn't near as good as him. All it's going to take is a couple of big completions to deflate that secondaries bravado and shut that crowd up.

This could be a key to the game. My impression is that Maxwell tries to be physical like Sherman except that Sherman is smart enough and talented enough to take his physicality just up to the boundaries of what the refs are likely to call and Maxwell isn't as smart or talented so his efforts at physicality too often turn into outright mauling the receiver. If the refs let him get away with it (think of how he got away with mauling Crabtree on that pass on the sideline near the goal line in the last game), then it will be that much harder for the 9ers to win. If they call pass interference the way they are called in most games, then Maxwell could end up being the achilles heel of the Seahawks secondary.
Originally posted by trogdor:
I still remember that TD when Lynch just sauntered into the end zone. I get that you want to showboat a little bit when you're wide open for a TD, but what he did was just disrespectful. Bunch of pricks on that team.

Thanks for the analysis.

I think every team has some of that, don't know what the fake punt was about VS the Panthers. Still, Lynch will *NOT* be doing any of that come sunday night. GUARANTEED
I still remember that TD when Lynch just sauntered into the end zone. I get that you want to showboat a little bit when you're wide open for a TD, but what he did was just disrespectful. Bunch of pricks on that team.

Thanks for the analysis.

What Lynch did on that all out blitz was brilliant. I wish we did the same thing (football play...not the saunter).

He saw he couldn't pick up ALL of them so instead of blocking he flared out for a hot route.

Remember the CAR game last week when we opened the game and they sent too many people for Gore to block? How nice would it be if we recognized blitzes like that and got a pass to the backs?
I would be popping the corner backs with my tight ends all day long and set up what looks like a passing formation and let the corners hold, blocking themselves out of the play. Anything to beat up that secondary and wear them out by the 4th quarter.
Swing passes to the backs with WR clearing out should be effective and end up forcing SEA out of their normal coverage.

When you have a QB running as deadly as Kap, the swing passes get open due to the spy on Kap.
both games are airing on NFL replay today on NFL network, check your local listings or contact you current television provider for air times
I also believe that it wouldn't be too hard to get into Sherman's head, with Boldin jawing him all day. Children with ADHD often have episodes where they have no control over their emotions. Sherman is two ticks away from having such an episode on the field. I say work him physically and verbally all day and watch Sherman lose his composure and emotionally take himself out of the game.
Originally posted by xela510:
Originally posted by thl408:
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/176105-analysis-seahawks-game-coaches-film/

Thats week 14. I was wondering if we can do one for the week 2 match up.

x2 this
Originally posted by enchantedskillz:
I think every team has some of that, don't know what the fake punt was about VS the Panthers. Still, Lynch will *NOT* be doing any of that come sunday night. GUARANTEED

they were rushing 11. instead of taking a chance on Andy getting killed, we opted for a quick pass to the wide open gunner. not that complicated and not really all that unsportsmanlike either.
[ Edited by swayze on Jan 14, 2014 at 7:52 AM ]
As Romo would put it... "This is a stretcher game"

Originally posted by vermonator:
I also believe that it wouldn't be too hard to get into Sherman's head, with Boldin jawing him all day. Children with ADHD often have episodes where they have no control over their emotions. Sherman is two ticks away from having such an episode on the field. I say work him physically and verbally all day and watch Sherman lose his composure and emotionally take himself out of the game.

LOL! Yes! Its what I would do. Drive him bat$hit crazy.

Thanks for the analysis.

You think the fake punt was about showboating? It was about trying to prevent injuries and protect the punter. CAR was selling out to block it, they had no returner deep so there was a risk they could block it and potentially injure Andy Lee. If the Niners convert that they can take a knee and not risk any freak injuries on Carolina's last few desperation plays.

I agree that all teams have some of that (Boldin), but the Seahawks seem to just ooze sleaziness from the coach on down. Can't think of a single player I like on the team. I don't hate them all, but don't like any of them which is a first, because every team usually has one or two classy players you can like even if they beat your team.
[ Edited by trogdor on Jan 14, 2014 at 8:03 AM ]
  • thl408
Originally posted by Joecool:
Swing passes to the backs with WR clearing out should be effective and end up forcing SEA out of their normal coverage.

When you have a QB running as deadly as Kap, the swing passes get open due to the spy on Kap.

This makes a lot of sense. When SEA plays cover3, which they did often in week 14, that leaves 4 defenders to cover the 6 underneath zones (flat/curl/hook x 2). This is for the standard rush 4 while dropping 7 into coverage. If SF wants to show something new, throw it to the RBs. I've been b***hing about this all year. It's the reason Kap's completion percentage is on the low side. Whereas many other QBs are getting these easy completions, Kap would rather scramble. Not a bad choice in its own right, but throwing it to the RBs will force the LBs to adjust/cheat a bit opening up other areas.
Originally posted by swayze:

they were rushing 11. instead of taking a chance on Andy getting killed, we opted for a quick pass to the wide open gunner. not that complicated and not really all that unsportsmanlike either.

Yea, it was Just to get the first down and get down. Game would have been over.
[ Edited by darkknight49 on Jan 14, 2014 at 8:38 AM ]
Originally posted by thl408:
This makes a lot of sense. When SEA plays cover3, which they did often in week 14, that leaves 4 defenders to cover the 6 underneath zones (flat/curl/hook x 2). This is for the standard rush 4 while dropping 7 into coverage. If SF wants to show something new, throw it to the RBs. I've been b***hing about this all year. It's the reason Kap's completion percentage is on the low side. Whereas many other QBs are getting these easy completions, Kap would rather scramble. Not a bad choice in its own right, but throwing it to the RBs will force the LBs to adjust/cheat a bit opening up other areas.

Good point on hitting Gore underneath the zone. I really wish Kaep would do this more just to stay ahead of the chains.
Share 49ersWebzone