There are 108 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

71-16

last two games are meaningless
Originally posted by NickSh49:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The 12th man is perfect against our offense. That is the reason the scores have been that way. Our offense does so much crap before the snap that the ultra noise makes it all break down.

Jim Harbaugh says his team is prepared for Seattle.
We have been MUCH MUCH better with all the pre-snap stuff since the first three weeks of the season and we have been improving steadily.

It seemed that early on in Carolina, Kaep was just running the first play he called in the huddle. Quicker snaps. There wasn't a lot of KILL KILL KILL.

Hopefully, that trend continues.

Absolutely. We have been improving every week with this pre-snap stuff. Last week was one of the best games of the year in this regard.

The three timeouts we spent on that one drive were borderline OK. Because we were up by 10 I think, and those were CRITICAL 3rd and shorts that we needed to convert on. Might as well make sure we get it right.
good points. i remember in the beginning of the season, we was really hurt by playclock penalties and general penalties. It seems that we cleaned that up pretty nice. This game reminds of the Patriots/steelers game in 2004 where the pats jumped to a VERY QUICK 14-0 lead and never looked back. What that did was three things.

1-silenced the rowdy crowd
2-put pittsburgh in a postion where they were not familiar with
3-Big ben did not have the ability to bring them back in the game with his arm. They were a run heavy team.

This SEA team reminds me of PIT in 2004. If the niners can jump to a 14-0 lead, this could erase lynch in the equation and will force Wilson to bring them back.
[ Edited by pdizo916 on Jan 13, 2014 at 6:02 PM ]
they should have that number posted all over the locker room as motivation, this time will be different, we cant make stupid mistakes and settle for field goals, we have to have a fast start and take the crowd out of the game and try and make Wilson play from behind so our pass rush can get to him!!! Go Niners!!! GO NINERS!!!! GO CAPS LOCK!!!!! GO EXCLAMTION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
JH is still nuts but he has matured from the stand point, I am glad to see he is focused in on the next game and is not letting the media suck him into any silly petty things like he vs pete or him vs sherman. I really was pissed at JH this year when , after the green bay game, he "seemed" to be spending the entire next week b***hing about clay mathews and not focusing in on seattle and we saw what happened. i think the focus of the entire team starting with the head coach is so much better now than what it was earlier in my opinion
Originally posted by adacosta24:
they should have that number posted all over the locker room as motivation, this time will be different, we cant make stupid mistakes and settle for field goals, we have to have a fast start and take the crowd out of the game and try and make Wilson play from behind so our pass rush can get to him!!! Go Niners!!! GO NINERS!!!! GO CAPS LOCK!!!!! GO EXCLAMTION POINTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This. Hopefully the 71-16 repetition fills our guys with purpose and fills the Seahawks with complacency.
[ Edited by swayze on Jan 13, 2014 at 7:25 PM ]
All we have to do is come out and hit them in the mouth. convert on the opportunities.
week 2 we came out, blocked a punt and it ended in an int.
we come out get 7 or 3 it puts pressure.

I believe once we see the ball go in the end zone.. the dams are going to break.
I'm not worried about the defense, Aaron Rodgers and that offense was the best we were going to see on this side of the nfl. all those deadly wr's and deadly lacy.

We need to handle lynch which I believe we can if we force them to 3rd and longs and keep wilson in the cage

offensively the saints were gashing the seahawks with an undrafted rookie. we just need to commit to it.

also when we pass we need 4 options, they cannot shade coverage to 1 or the other anymore. they're going man to man and i believe our guys will win those match ups they embrace the contact and holding unlike other receiving corps in the nfl. that will be the difference.

that and patton's ability to catch block and not be scared of the moment.

this team is not going to lay down. 1 game between them and a chance at the ultimate chance.

i think due to arrogance seattle is going to overlook us.
and that is going to be their fatal mistake.
harbaugh said that they'll be ready and i believe him.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickSh49:
What I find funny is that they actually keep track of the number of points scored in their wins.

Who does that?!?

Only a CAWK sucker...
Niners can win this they just got to NOT BE INTIMIDATED it seems like the last few games they let the crowd get in there heads then the wheels came off. If they keep there composure and just play there game like they have the last few weeks. The crowd in Arizona Green Bay in the freezing cold and Carolina did not keep them from going out and executing there game plan and taking care of business this week has to be the same.
I think this is gonna be the final score on Sunday night.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
good points. i remember in the beginning of the season, we was really hurt by playclock penalties and general penalties. It seems that we cleaned that up pretty nice. This game reminds of the Patriots/steelers game in 2004 where the pats jumped to a VERY QUICK 14-0 lead and never looked back. What that did was three things.

1-silenced the rowdy crowd
2-put pittsburgh in a postion where they were not familiar with
3-Big ben did not have the ability to bring them back in the game with his arm. They were a run heavy team.

This SEA team reminds me of PIT in 2004. If the niners can jump to a 14-0 lead, this could erase lynch in the equation and will force Wilson to bring them back.

EXACTLY!

We need to turn all those early FGs into TDs, and make the hawks play from behind. It drives me nus settling for those FGs. Also, we better have our clock management, pre-snap game on point if we want to win this game.
Originally posted by smifunk:
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
We win 28-21.

Two great defenses and no FGs?

8 FGs and 2 Safeties to 7 FGs?
[ Edited by Beezy33 on Jan 13, 2014 at 11:04 PM ]
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
All we have to do is come out and hit them in the mouth. convert on the opportunities.
week 2 we came out, blocked a punt and it ended in an int.
we come out get 7 or 3 it puts pressure.

I believe once we see the ball go in the end zone.. the dams are going to break.
I'm not worried about the defense, Aaron Rodgers and that offense was the best we were going to see on this side of the nfl. all those deadly wr's and deadly lacy.

We need to handle lynch which I believe we can if we force them to 3rd and longs and keep wilson in the cage

offensively the saints were gashing the seahawks with an undrafted rookie. we just need to commit to it.

also when we pass we need 4 options, they cannot shade coverage to 1 or the other anymore. they're going man to man and i believe our guys will win those match ups they embrace the contact and holding unlike other receiving corps in the nfl. that will be the difference.

that and patton's ability to catch block and not be scared of the moment.

this team is not going to lay down. 1 game between them and a chance at the ultimate chance.

i think due to arrogance seattle is going to overlook us.
and that is going to be their fatal mistake.

You make some very great points. I also feel their defense will somehow overlook us, and EXPECT us to fold like we've done the last few times there, like "there's no wayyyyyyyyy they can beat us here because we OWN them". How quickly everyone forgets that Rodgers really beat them there last year, and Alex late in the 2011 season. Lastly, Arizona beat them there recently with a lousy performance by Palmer. The game will come down to Wilson having to make plays with his arm, and right now, he doesn't look the part. Given he's going to be at home, but something just isn't right about him. It almost looks like he's injured to me. I can't put a finger on it, hmmmm...

Anyway, if all they can point to is this 71-16 score and not the Xs and Os and toughness of this Sunday's match, they are going to regret it. I really hope we are run heavy this game, staying as balanced and possible to the edges, and even spread them out on some looks and run Kaep/Gore/Hunter from the Pistol. This worked wonders against the Panthers and tbh, I was scared of that front 7 based on their body of work for the season, including Week 10, but we absolutely wore them down the last 25min of that game. It's amazing how much having Q, Crabs, and VD all healthy and how it opens everything up, and while I don't think we'll see Kaep throw for more than 175yd, they will be quality yards.

Keep Lynch to under 100yd + Wilson only 1 pass td + No TOs on a short field for Kaep = SF win
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
I live up in Portland Oregon, we are sadly a Seaf*gs town, so all the sports talk radio hacks, callers, and experts are crowing about 71-16, every 5 minutes.
Here are a few of the talking points I heard today:
Russell Wilson is a better leader then Kaep
Russell Wilson will not need a good game to beat us, 125 passing and a TD would be enough
We can't stop the beast mode, he will carry the seaf*gs with 150 an a TD
The seaf*gs need only to score 13-17 points, then they can coast
Their DBs can and will shutdown, Boldin, Crabs, and VD, with no troube
Kaep, can't handle the 12th man
Kaep takes all the credit in post game pressers, unless we lose, then he blames everyone else, unlike Wilson, who does the exact opposite.
Frak Gore doesn't have anything left in the tank this time of year, and we have no run game with out him

And on and on and on…

Oh and SF fans are lucky they can't waste money on tickets, cause they won't have any fun at the game anyway, basically saying that Niner fans are being saved two ass kickings, one on the field, one in the stands…

I can take the rain, and the cold weather, but this crap is getting to be a little much, and it's only monday!

I get that crap all day at work since I use a Niner ID badge holder lol. I hate how the NFL force feeds the Seahawks on Portland when it should just be a neutral state especially when most of the southern area of Oregon is mostly Niner country.