There are 191 users in the forums

71-16

Shop Find 49ers gear online
let them talk. I hope we beat them by just 1 point on sunday so it hurts that much more
71-16 yes very true, in the regular season. But In the playoffs 0-0.
I live up in Portland Oregon, we are sadly a Seaf*gs town, so all the sports talk radio hacks, callers, and experts are crowing about 71-16, every 5 minutes.
Here are a few of the talking points I heard today:
Russell Wilson is a better leader then Kaep
Russell Wilson will not need a good game to beat us, 125 passing and a TD would be enough
We can't stop the beast mode, he will carry the seaf*gs with 150 an a TD
The seaf*gs need only to score 13-17 points, then they can coast
Their DBs can and will shutdown, Boldin, Crabs, and VD, with no troube
Kaep, can't handle the 12th man
Kaep takes all the credit in post game pressers, unless we lose, then he blames everyone else, unlike Wilson, who does the exact opposite.
Frak Gore doesn't have anything left in the tank this time of year, and we have no run game with out him

And on and on and on…

Oh and SF fans are lucky they can't waste money on tickets, cause they won't have any fun at the game anyway, basically saying that Niner fans are being saved two ass kickings, one on the field, one in the stands…

I can take the rain, and the cold weather, but this crap is getting to be a little much, and it's only monday!
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Jan 13, 2014 at 2:34 PM ]
Originally posted by biggiep:
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
LOL....they've even kept track of how many points their defense allowed against us in the Carroll/Harbaugh era.

Even the obnoxious NY Giants fans never were "49-3" after the '86 playoffs.

The funny thing is a win on Sunday by the 49ers, even by 1 point would erase that 71-16 and make it even more trivial than it is now.

How beautiful would "28-27" be?

You also likely didn't have a computer much less internet back in 1986. Did you even have Giants fans in your proximity to taunt you about 49-3 back in '86?

I had moved from SF to NYC in late '85.

In reality, real life people I know in NY/NJ that are Giants fans are 1000 times more polite/respectful about the 49ers. If anything, maybe they take subtle jabs.

But reading their forums, holy s**** it feels like reading .NET.

There is either a difference between typical fans and forum hardcore fans, or maybe they are expressing true feelings?
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
I had moved from SF to NYC in late '85.

In reality, real life people I know in NY/NJ that are Giants fans are 1000 times more polite/respectful about the 49ers. If anything, maybe they take subtle jabs.

But reading their forums, holy s**** it feels like reading .NET.

There is either a difference between typical fans and forum hardcore fans, or maybe they are expressing true feelings?

I believe it is just the negative side of the internet. The fans of other teams that you know in real life will talk a little trash and stuff like that but it rarely gets out of hand unless someone is just a jerk and that doesn't last long because most people just stop hanging out with jerks like that. On the internet people take on this false personality because there is absolutely no real consequence for their behavior, its the internet tough guy syndrome. Those trolls would never go to a sports bar and barge into a group of 10 or more rival fans and make personal attacks at the fans while talking crap about their team... but on the internet it is "funny" to rile up rival fans and blah blah.
Originally posted by verb1der:
You hate to hear it, but start a thread for it...lulz

lol
Originally posted by LB49ers:
If i hear that stat one more time I am going to freaking lose my sh!t. Nobody brings up the fact that it was 5-0 at the half and was a one score game in the fourth quarter. People keep talking like it was 30-0 at the half. We were driving that first drive and was a tipped pass from taking a 7-0 lead.

I get your point. I'm sick of hearing it as well.. However, once we win, who gives a s**t
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
let them talk. I hope we beat them by just 1 point on sunday so it hurts that much more

My ideal scenario would be that it's clear the Niners are going to win when there is still 8 to 10 more minutes on the clock. Then the 12th man has to sit there in shock and awe while the network cameras keep showing the world the stunned, disappointed looks on their faces as the Niners high-five each other on the sidelines - Harbaugh smiling and shaking hands, Seahawk players stewing and sulking on the other sideline, Carroll slack-jawed, mouth open, no longer chewing that gum. Kaepernick with his flat-brimmed hat on backwards while McCoy does clean-up and takes a knee. That would be just glorious.
You also likely didn't have a computer much less internet back in 1986. Did you even have Giants fans in your proximity to taunt you about 49-3 back in '86?

I live in Connecticut. I can't walk down the street without hearing 49 - 3. It's the 5th Lombardi Trophy in this land of the NFL's most delusional fans. Of course, 44 - 3 in LT's last game in '93 isn't ever far from the tip of my tongue.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
its true they whooped our asses but sunday is a new day

It wasn't a one-possession game in the fourth quarter. It was a 9-point game.

Calm down.

Why? Why do you have to bring that up? I am finally able to sleep through the night after all these years and NOW you have to bring it up. Damn it, man!! Well, it back to the pills. Thanks a lot. Yeah, thanks a lot.
Never Forget
Let's look at it what we're really talking about here.

We're talking about a good team that's 2-4 against us in the last three seasons. They were losing to us in Seattle, and the delayed the game for 90 minutes for rain.

I don't see what the big deal was, doesn't it rain up there all the time?

Let them think they are so superior to us. Let them celebrate their regular season wins. Let them think this will be another "Glorified Scrimmage" It'll be that much more entertaining when they have to answer those questions after the game.

"Are you shocked?"

"Did you guys think you could lose this game?"

The revenge tour continues....
[ Edited by FrenchMontana on Jan 13, 2014 at 4:07 PM ]
soccer......thats the sport where aggregate means something
Share 49ersWebzone