There are 90 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

49ERS D

Originally posted by pdizo916:
To be honest, this D needs to step it up a notch further in SEA. They need to spy Russell Wilson. If we don't then he will run all over us.

But with that said, go D

Cam Newton isn't exactly a slug, and we handled him alright. The key will be not letting Willow get outside the tackles. That's the OLB's job to contain him so that he is forced to pass from the pocket. If he cuts up the middle, he will get drilled by #52 or #53.
Originally posted by threelittlebirds:
Originally posted by xtm059:
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
yea that pass was perfect!!!

I couldn't even be mad. I looked at it on the replay and thought, "Well, f**k. Let's hope that doesn't happen again."

Glad I wasn't the only one. I was the same way... "Well f**k, can't really have better defense than that." It was a perfect pass and Steve Smith is so good at waiting until the last second to get his hands up so the CB is slow to look back and slow to get his hands up.

I don't know what defense was called, but Tarrell Brown's body language was running as if he was anticipating a back-shoulder throw. It wasn't, and that slight shade combined with a perfect throw was just enough for the TD.

Good defense, better offense. I wasn't even mad.
Originally posted by pdizo916:
To be honest, this D needs to step it up a notch further in SEA. They need to spy Russell Wilson. If we don't then he will run all over us.

But with that said, go D

First read option . BET #55 Will blast him
Originally posted by sanjo49er:
First read option . BET #55 Will blast him

Dan The Man Skuta
cam is more of power runner than wilson is tho, i dont think their scrambling style is comparable. cam runs for yardage, wilson runs to get his receivers open for a pass. gotta close him into the pocket and let him get wrecked and toss picks while he cant see over his linemen
Just wanna say our d line rotation has really surprised me...they are far better than I anticipated them to be...being able to give cowboy and ray Mac a breather here and there has really payed off and they have stepped up big time

Let's go niners!! f*ck the Seahawks!!!!
Bowman will spy wilson and cement his DPOY by shutting him down
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

I think the votes were in before the playoffs started.

Russell Wilson hasnt been playing all that great lately. Its why the Seahawks have looked beatable. People dont remember it because of the circumstances, but he actually wasnt doing crap against our D for most of the week 2 game.

We just need to hold their run game in check, and protect the football on offense. If we can hang with them until halftime, I think we have a shot at pulling ahead in the 2nd half like we did to Carolina.

SEA is actually very similar to CAR. The main difference is Lynch. Wilson and Newton are dangerous, mobile QB's, both without many weapons to throw to. Newton has a better OL, but SEA has the RB advantage. Both have devastating defenses. CAR is more front 7 heavy, while SEA is the secondary.

Teams like CAR have always been our kryptonite. Teams that have big, physical defenses always give us issues. If you look at our losses under Harbaugh, almost every one was to those teams built like us. Giants x2, Ravens x2, Seahawks x2, Rams x1, Panthers x1, Cardinals x1, Colts x1, Vikings x1 (2011 Vikings).

Our only 2 losses to teams that arent built like us, were against Dallas in week 2 of 2011. WAY back. And the bogus Saints loss this year with the Brooks sack fumble. 13 losses under Harbaugh, only 2 against "finesse" type teams.

The fact that we beat a TOUGH, hard nosed Panthers D on the road in the playoffs shows were adapting.

Were peaking at the right time, and Seattle is probably as beatable as theyve been all year. K.J. Wright is out, who specialized in taking away opposing TE. Harvin will be out. Wilson not playing his best football. the OL not looking that good, etc.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

I couldn't even be mad. I looked at it on the replay and thought, "Well, f**k. Let's hope that doesn't happen again."

Glad I wasn't the only one. I was the same way... "Well f**k, can't really have better defense than that." It was a perfect pass and Steve Smith is so good at waiting until the last second to get his hands up so the CB is slow to look back and slow to get his hands up.

I don't know what defense was called, but Tarrell Brown's body language was running as if he was anticipating a back-shoulder throw. It wasn't, and that slight shade combined with a perfect throw was just enough for the TD.

Props where props are due. Hellofa throw and great body work by Smith.

That said, WOOOOOOOOOOOOO NINERS!!!! On to the big fight in Seattle. Any word on the reffing crew?
Originally posted by Igotta:
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:

Props where props are due. Hellofa throw and great body work by Smith.

That said, WOOOOOOOOOOOOO NINERS!!!! On to the big fight in Seattle. Any word on the reffing crew?

Anybody but Jerome Boger.
Dan Skuta has impressed the heck out of me when he gets playing time. What a nice pick up. I thought he was more effective than Aldon against Gross yesterday.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:

I think the votes were in before the playoffs started.

Russell Wilson hasnt been playing all that great lately. Its why the Seahawks have looked beatable. People dont remember it because of the circumstances, but he actually wasnt doing crap against our D for most of the week 2 game.

We just need to hold their run game in check, and protect the football on offense. If we can hang with them until halftime, I think we have a shot at pulling ahead in the 2nd half like we did to Carolina.

SEA is actually very similar to CAR. The main difference is Lynch. Wilson and Newton are dangerous, mobile QB's, both without many weapons to throw to. Newton has a better OL, but SEA has the RB advantage. Both have devastating defenses. CAR is more front 7 heavy, while SEA is the secondary.

Teams like CAR have always been our kryptonite. Teams that have big, physical defenses always give us issues. If you look at our losses under Harbaugh, almost every one was to those teams built like us. Giants x2, Ravens x2, Seahawks x2, Rams x1, Panthers x1, Cardinals x1, Colts x1, Vikings x1 (2011 Vikings).

Our only 2 losses to teams that arent built like us, were against Dallas in week 2 of 2011. WAY back. And the bogus Saints loss this year with the Brooks sack fumble. 13 losses under Harbaugh, only 2 against "finesse" type teams.

The fact that we beat a TOUGH, hard nosed Panthers D on the road in the playoffs shows were adapting.

Were peaking at the right time, and Seattle is probably as beatable as theyve been all year. K.J. Wright is out, who specialized in taking away opposing TE. Harvin will be out. Wilson not playing his best football. the OL not looking that good, etc.
I think THE most important thing is that the offense protects the football. Seattle has lived off of turnovers against us. If we do not give them the ball, our D should hold them to 17 points. I see maybe 20 at the most. We have to contain Marshawn Lynch. It probably will not happen, but if we can at least keep him under 4 yards a carry (which we have done), keep Russell Wilson in the pocket, and play sound pass defense, the Seahawks will have a very hard time moving the ball.
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Dan Skuta has impressed the heck out of me when he gets playing time. What a nice pick up. I thought he was more effective than Aldon against Gross yesterday.

ya, skuta definitely makes the most of his opportunities. Even on that incomplete deep pass, he was step for step with the WR . Dude got some wheels.
One of the best goal line stance in recent Niners history and sequence of plays by both the Niners and Panthers. Credit the Panthers on stoping our offense, got the ball back, and made the perfect TD pass and catch. Good s**t by both teams.