There are 157 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Fangio's Adjustments

Is anyone else noticing a trend here? In the last few years, there are countless times in which our defense has been gashed in the first half, only to step up and absolutely dominate the second half of the game. I believe this is largely the product of Fangio making the necessary second-half adjustments, and I think he needs to be commended for this.

- today's game
- the 2011 NFCCG
- the 2012 NFCCG
- last year's Super Bowl
- etc...

In all of these games, the defense responded with superb efforts in the second half after looking suspect in the first. Perhaps you can argue that his gameplan coming in is often off the mark, but either way, it's hard to ignore how well the defense responds in the second half. I mean, Carolina was moving the ball at will today to start the game, and they weren't able to do a damn thing after halftime.
Great observation. I've noticed this as well. All you can ask for in a DC
Yup
Fangio is such a big part of the 49ers success the last 3 years. So awesome that once again he seems to be flying under the radar for coaching searches. I love Tomsula but to me it is a little crazy that he is getting interviews over Fangio... but, I'll take it :D
I agree, but a large part of it is the players executing the plan. The flip side is the hate that Roman gets when the O players don't execute. Coordinators deserve some accolades/blame but so do the players.
Today I saw the defense turn up the intensity big time, the pass rush was coming through, they had the Panthers on their heels the entire second half, just knocked them out of the building. Its a shame that Skuta's sack was erased by bad reffing, that was a MONSTER play but I'll take the INT, no prob.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 12, 2014 at 5:45 PM ]
Fangio does a good job. Sometimes he rushes three, but that is the only flaw. Everything else is really solid.
PAY THIS MAN!!

Seriously, he has it great in SF
i think fangio is happy being just a DC. i think of him like dick lebeau. that dude couldve coached anywhere if he wanted to but he stayed a dc.
Im happy our guys keep there feelings in check.

The panthers were amped up and couldn't control their emotions. hence (penaltys in our benefit ! )

Great coaching .... Battle tested squad !

Hope it helps in seaterrall , cause they is some holdin interferin sukas+

Fangio stay a NINER ! Please Thank you !
[ Edited by redrazer45 on Jan 12, 2014 at 6:26 PM ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Fangio does a good job. Sometimes he rushes three, but that is the only flaw. Everything else is really solid.

This
Originally posted by hondakillerzx:
i think fangio is happy being just a DC. i think of him like dick lebeau. that dude couldve coached anywhere if he wanted to but he stayed a dc.

Well, during one of his media sessions he was asked about being a Head Coach and he said that he would like to give it a shot some day. Paraphrasing I believe he said it was the top position of his profession and he'd like to test his ability and see if he could succeed at the highest level of coaching.
double post.. lol.. derp
[ Edited by threelittlebirds on Jan 12, 2014 at 6:33 PM ]
Fangio adjusted within the same series in this game. Carolina was using the Atlanta game plan where they were hitting quick passes early. I was yelling at the screen, "Press coverage!" and coincidentally the defense bumped receivers off their routes and got a turnover.
Lord Fangio is a GOD!