LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

Hey Greg Roman, this is how we beat the Seahawks

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
I dont think so. Seattle can be run on and the best way to attack is to lineup and play smash mouth football. Kap had at least 5 balls that should have been picked off by Carolina, the Seattle secondary makes those plays. This game will be won by our o-line and running backs.

Kap gets more reprimands for "almost interceptions" than anyone I have seen. I have continually heard this so many times ...... Get a clue, he throws HARD so they aren't intercepted when off target.

Those "almost intercepted" passes will be incompletes next time and time after that. He will continue the lead the league in "almosts" picks which means nothing and is the worst "stat" cited here or anywhere. This is why we have/need to have Crabs and Anquan and Davis, gotta catch the fast ball.
[ Edited by OldJoe on Jan 13, 2014 at 3:26 PM ]
How you beat Seattle:

Offensively we must establish a running attack and sustain our blocks, no turnovers
Defensively wrap up when making a tackle, keep Wilson in pocket, avoid giving up the big play
Coaching wise get the play into Kap fast and try to limit at the line adjustments, no early time outs
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Kap gets more reprimands for "almost interceptions" than anyone I have seen. I have continually heard this so many times ...... Get a clue, he throws HARD so they aren't intercepted when off target.

Those "almost intercepted" passes will be incompletes next time and time after that. He will continue the lead the league in "almosts" picks which means nothing and is the worst "stat" cited here or anywhere. This is why we have/need to have Crabs and Anquan and Davis, gotta catch the fast ball.

The point is Kaep has been good for at least one INT at Clink. If there's one stat I believe is crucial to our sucess its TO margin. I,mean if Ingram doesnt fumble in the RZ then that game is completely different. Thats how thin the margin of error is up there.

I would rather become predictable in the run then the pass. Its so important to stick to the run because we the Oline can wear down that Dline in the 1st half. Playing into their pass rush and coverage while its still fresh is not smart. The Saints really opened up the passing the 4th and you could tell that all that running had led to fatigue mentally and physically. Seattle D actually looked sluggish. Idk why but I think the key to victory is the Oline and TO margin. And ofcourse lights out defense but I think that side of the ball is ready.
Originally posted by OldJoe:
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
I dont think so. Seattle can be run on and the best way to attack is to lineup and play smash mouth football. Kap had at least 5 balls that should have been picked off by Carolina, the Seattle secondary makes those plays. This game will be won by our o-line and running backs.

I love having a quarterback who "almost loses", throws "almost picks", and takes "almost sacks".
To stop the Seahawks you have to do two things:

1) Recognize that Wilson does not usually run to pick up yards, he runs to BUY TIME and then completes passes on the run. Defenders cannot leave coverage when Wilson scrambles until he commits.

2) Tackle and wrap up Lynch because otherwise he will pick up extra yards.
Kap does least well with short, quick passes...yet that is exactly what SEA will give us. I sure hope Coach has Kap practicing with his receivers and TEs, those quick 1-2 step drop back short crossing patterns and slants. If we throw those and make a handful of 1st downs, one would hope that SEA will back off their 8 men on LOS. Whatever, those short patterns will be there all day. That deep safety virtually takes himself out of the play on the quick hitters...and with 8 guys on LOS, the quick hitters should be there all day long...until they back off LOS...when they then get a big dose of Frank.
  • pd24
  • Veteran
SEA doesn't move the CB's from side to side, they don't move and shadow the reciever. On 3 WR sets, we should line Patton up on the side on Sherman, that leaves our 2 best WR's covered by the other CB's. When we don't have 3 WR's out and we do the play where we run the FB or TE out wide, we should run the FB or TE to SHermans side. Make him cover the lesser recievers when we have the chance or formations to do that.
Originally posted by eonblue:
Wrong. The Saints ran all over that front 8. It was actually a winning game plan if they didn't fumble the ball and miss FG. Bunched WR only works because of the route combinations catch DBs off guard but they get used to it so its not an every down thing. Ofcourse you mix it in but I would run alot of 2TE 2WR. Let Boldin and Crab exploit the single coverage. Try to see if you can exploit the single high safety qith Davis. If nothing is open dont be afraid to exploit the underneath route and flat for short gains. Stay out of 3rd and long. You have to run the ball tho. You cant become predictable with that pass rush. You have to wear them down. They may cone out hot but they wore the Panthers doqn today by running the ball. They neutralized the pass rush by mixing.in the run. I actually feel like Roman may have figured the Seattle D out to an extent. He clearly found some weakness in week 12. I think they're weaker now and the Panthers are a great warm up.

Agreed. Let Kap be Kap. He should as you suggest, pass pass pass to Boldin and Crab. As you said they should easily exploit the Seattle secondary.
Easy victory for us. GO NINERS!!!!!
I really like just about everything the eagles do on offense. Watch out next year and the year after - the eagles are going to be dangerous
Wow!! poll littered wth PeeCock rehab junkies, P.e.d. anaymous FAN-addicts, and b***hg scorned "ex grlfrnd" sounding pu$$y Trans-fansboys carrying the dead corpses of TEAMS and QBs recently massacred by the Iron KaepGun, Kommander and King, Colin THE COLONIZER and Kraken slayer. The question shouldnt be answered by popularity contest panelists from emotionally distraught, humilated, and spiteful gossip girl fanbases victimized by Killa Kaep and The 49er Empire, but should focus on stats, facts, and wins, like true nfl and 49ers fans, unlike the idiot LA Times raider reject author who incorrectly stated Kaep is 17-6 when hes infact 21-6. Kingdom Kaep!! Go niners!!

Opps wrong mesg board... pls ignore the aforementioned!!! Go niners!!
You can delete the post if you like.
Share 49ersWebzone