LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 223 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS GAMEDAY THREAD (NFC CHAMPIONSHIP)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Colin Kaepernick is a different QB in the playoffs. Seattle will see that 1st hand
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Winner, winner, Seachicken, dinner.
If its not there RUN KAP RUN!!!
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

YUP, step up into the pocket and take that lane all day. If you have it, go!
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

YUP, step up into the pocket and take that lane all day. If you have it, go!

Keep that middle finger raised all the way to the endzone.
Originally posted by kray28:
Originally posted by goldstandard333:
Originally posted by fly15:
I hate Pete Carroll

Don't we all.

We don't actually. In the 90s, Pete coached our D into one of the top units in the league. I also think he did an exceptional job at USC. He's also done a great job at Seattle, but I don't like what the refs let them get away with, and the PED issue is surprising to me on many levels. I don't think Carroll is masterminding that.
I don't hate him, but he is an annoying arrogant prick. He did a good job at USC until his players got caught cheating, they are still dealing with that backlash. I do think he knew about all that mess, that's why he bailed on them. Every time I see him with that snarky smarmy smirk on his face it sickens me.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Kolohe:
My opinion on this game. I think its key for Kaepernick not to let Sherman get inside his head and force a pass his way. If Sherman is shutting down the receiver, let him, Kaepernicks b***h was Byron Maxwell last game. And, I'd also look to see what match-ups you could get with Vernon Davis, if its Thomas and Chancellor I'd take that match-up all day, don't throw it if Sherman is on Davis. But Running the ball will be key in this game, whether it be Gore or Kaepernick, they gotta keep their defense on its toes, I'd say look for more runs off-tackle to wear down their DE's, running up the middle was a non-factor last time playing them at home.

They'll have Thurmond opposite Sherman this game.

I think we need to throw out a few bunch formations if they are getting away with holding past 5 yards like normal. We have to get the pass game going to get them out of stacking the box. We saw how successful the NO running game was against their 7 man front. On defense, it's all about stopping Lynch. Those consistent 5,6,7 yard gashes on first down are back breakers on a defense.

The Saints were actually running the ball well, and I think our running attack is way better than NO's... We run the ball, maybe get a score or two with play action. Keep it close, then eventually run over them in the forth quarter.

We have an elite defense, kicker, and running game. And Kaep is outplaying Wilson right now. At this point, we've got to be pretty comfortable playing on the road. All three games were similar. We gave successful opening drives (either 7 pts or 3 pts), our defense does a good job of eliminating big plays, and our running attack loosens them towards the end of the game. Also, with 3 targets on the field at once (Crabtree, Boldin, and Davis) Kaep will be much more comfortable and be able to sustain a drive or two in the 4th quarter. Hit a FG or 2, and maybe a game winner if needed.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
just be physical with them. the coaches hate each other, the players hate each other, the fans hate each other,. what more could you ever want

Damn it, this is going to be the longest week ever! Wife already said i reached my max for re watching the panthers game. Hurry up Sunday! (Havent said that too often)
In 6 days, we dine in hell!
with Seattle's aggressive secondary, i think running a few pump fakes (double moves) could lead to some explosive plays for us. Of course this requires time for Kaep to pump fake and throw the ball. All about protection.

There is no reason our WRs should be blanketed this game. Put a guy in motion, stack a WR behind the other, etc.

Clearly running screen passes dont work vs. Seattle. I think i saw the Saints try to run 5-6 of them and they all got stopped immediately (or the RB dropped it).
At least this year when were lining up for a FG i am not holding my breath like last year with Akers. Dawson is an unreal signing.
lol why are seattle fans so obsessed with what football reporters and writers say about them? they are freaking out and have been all season long, about people not picking them to win. Their insecurities about how other people view them make me chuckle.
Share 49ersWebzone